US General Domestic Politics #8 Begins 03/16/21.

33 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

You denying that immigrants are sleeping on floors in detention centers? Check out photos taken by Democrat Rep. Henry Cuellar of Texas.

It's a Trump mess that Biden is trying to fix.  It takes a minute.  You're just nitpicking every move Biden makes because he kicked Trump's ASS in the election.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, O_U812 said:

I'm a dem AND white, yet I ALWAYS have to show my I.D. when I vote.  So WTF are you talking about?  We don't oppose showing ID - We oppose Gerrymandering districts and making shitty policy, as the GQP do every time they're elected.

Wrong--at least not in California--the one good thing we did right.

In California, an independent commission draws both congressional and state legislative district lines. Established in 2008 by ballot initiative, the commission comprises 14 members: five Democrats, five Republicans, and four belonging to neither party. A panel of state auditors selects the pool of nominees from which the commissioners are appointed. This pool comprises 20 Democrats, 20 Republicans, and 20 belonging to neither party. The majority and minority leaders of both chambers of the state legislature may each remove two members from each of the aforementioned groups. The first eight commission members are selected at random from the remaining nominees. These first eight comprise three Democrats, three Republicans, and two belonging to neither party. The first eight commissioners appoint the remaining six, which must include two Democrats, two Republicans, and two belonging to neither party.[4]

You can check all states by using this tool--just insert the state you want to check.

Redistricting in Florida after the 2020 census - Ballotpedia

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, O_U812 said:

It's a Trump mess that Biden is trying to fix.  It takes a minute.  You're just nitpicking every move Biden makes because he kicked Trump's ASS in the election.

That is the narrative that the Biden admin and Democrats are trying to push.  The problem is the massive influx of people into the US-especially kids that far surpass the numbers that Trump had to deal with because of his border policies.   Obama did not make sufficient facilities to accommodate them all. 😏

3 hours ago, O_U812 said:

There was no problem on the border when Biden took over. If there had been, the media which hated Trump, would have reported on it 24/7 during the election campaign.

5 hours ago, happyone said:

That is the narrative that the Biden admin and Democrats are trying to push.  The problem is the massive influx of people into the US-especially kids that far surpass the numbers that Trump had to deal with because of his border policies.   Obama did not make sufficient facilities to accommodate them all. 😏

That's another lie.  More people escaped into the USA under Trump than any Administration since Carter.  You Q's can't be convinced, even with proof, because your heads are full of quicksand.  

WWW.CATO.ORG

The population of illegal immigrants remained about the same as when he took office.

• Like 1