B2 Girls on Vacation - General Topic 2021 #8 (March)

Just now, neil_r549 said:

we are hoping for late summer - 54% of the pop now vacinnated, so about 30 million. Fingers crossed

I am well informed , there’s talk already here that maybe we open the tourism market earlier than the 14th May for the UK market as a “ test “ period , maybe end of April .. expect some news on traveling the next 2-3 weeks 😎

6 minutes ago, ddhm said:

La vita deve continuare, è tutto quello che sto cercando di dire. Con le giuste precauzioni e piano piano fino a fine settembre / inizio ottobre che si calcola intorno al 70% vaccinato quindi c'è l'immunità della popolazione richiesta in Europa e buttare via le maschere. Il Natale molto probabilmente sarà celebrato come i bei vecchi tempi ☺️

L’importante e’ crederci😂

2 minutes ago, Mauri said:

L’importante e’ crederci😂

I do ☺️ Positive thoughts are whats needed. I will be welcoming soon here around 1,000,000 tourists , I need to believe that slowly it is back to normality ☺️😇

4 minutes ago, ddhm said:

I am well informed , there’s talk already here that maybe we open the tourism market earlier than the 14th May for the UK market as a “ test “ period , maybe end of April .. expect some news on traveling the next 2-3 weeks 😎

we can't book a trip overseas until the govt says we can so we are looking at late June/July. There is a £5000 fine for those who don't wait, which leaves the travel companies/airlines in a bit of a muddle. They are advertising flights etc to Spain Greece Portugal etc, but we are advised not to book. Bit of a conundrum!!

Just now, neil_r549 said:

we can't book a trip overseas until the govt says we can so we are looking at late June/July. There is a £5000 fine for those who don't wait, which leaves the travel companies/airlines in a bit of a muddle. They are advertising flights etc to Spain Greece Portugal etc, but we are advised not to book. Bit of a conundrum!!

12 of April you will have the news that you open the holidays 😇 Mark my words 😁

The big companies press for reopening , it won’t go end of June ( 30 if I am correct ) , I believe 17th May will be your first holidays official journeys ( Monday ) 

2 minutes ago, ddhm said:

Lo faccio ☺️ I pensieri positivi sono ciò di cui abbiamo bisogno. Presto accoglierò qui circa 1.000.000 di turisti, ho bisogno di credere che piano piano sia tornato alla normalità ☺️ 😇

La normalita’ non sara’ come prima, se solo vi svegliaste e capiste cosa c’e’ dietro a questo fantomatico virus....purtroppo sara’ troppo tardi quando lo farete

1 minute ago, ddhm said:

Il 12 aprile avrai la notizia che apri le vacanze 😇 Segna le mie parole  😁

Le grandi aziende premono per la riapertura, non andrà a fine giugno (30 se esatto), credo che il 17 maggio saranno le tue prime vacanze ufficiali (lunedì) 

Le vacanze le fai solo se sei vaccinato o presenti un test negativo al virus😏

Just now, ddhm said:

12 of April you will have the news that you open the holidays 😇 Mark my words 😁

The big companies press for reopening , it won’t go end of June ( 30 if I am correct ) , I believe 17th May will be your first holidays official journeys ( Monday ) 

Hate to disagree but the govt here are not making any promise/decisions that early. June is the earliest and the most likely date is end of June as you say could be 30th. It depends on other countries and their success in vaccinating and lets face it, the EU has been pretty awful

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ddhm said:

I do ☺️ Positive thoughts are whats needed. I will be welcoming soon here around 1,000,000 tourists , I need to believe that slowly it is back to normality ☺️😇

The probability is high that the opening activities will have to be reversed a few weeks later again. The EU was  simply not been aggressive enough in vaccine procurement. If we are lucky, it will get better in late summer. 

49 minutes ago, Alladino said:

The probability is high that the opening activities will have to be reversed a few weeks later again. The EU was  simply not been aggressive enough in vaccine procurement. If we are lucky, it will get better in late summer. 

Yes , EU has been terrible with the vaccines , disaster . But for my country , UK market alongside the German , the French and the Italian are the top for incoming  tourism numbers , it is good that UK goes excellent with their program ( one of the benefits being out of EU but that’s another talk , I am supporting EU 😂🤣 ) , so , we open for Israeli people in 2 weeks time , pilot for Dutch on the 12th april and the rest from May ,  slowly .. I think middle / enD July Greece is 75% , vaccinated , summer will help much more everyone’s psychology in everything . 

54 minutes ago, neil_r549 said:

Hate to disagree but the govt here are not making any promise/decisions that early. June is the earliest and the most likely date is end of June as you say could be 30th. It depends on other countries and their success in vaccinating and lets face it, the EU has been pretty awful

12th April you will get good news 😎 , that’s my belief ☺️ EU has been terrible ( one of the good things you left EU , many things  I disagree but this isn’t for here 😂🤣

57 minutes ago, Mauri said:

La normalita’ non sara’ come prima, se solo vi svegliaste e capiste cosa c’e’ dietro a questo fantomatico virus....purtroppo sara’ troppo tardi quando lo farete

It will eventually become like the flu virus , perhaps every year the vaccine will be needed and there will be medicine ( for example like aspirin now against fever ) that will prevent you from complications , we will just know how to live with this , if they made a year or so , imagine how fast they will do with medicine or medicine cocktail to protect . You will always be able to have it but not in danger like now . Anyway , big talk