Get ready for Windows 11

On 9/25/2021 at 11:41 PM, StnCld316 said:

October 5th Windows 11 will officially be released through Windows Update to PC's that pass the specifications set out by Microsoft.

There are ways to bypass Microsoft's Standards and as soon as I find out how I'll post it then one won't have to buy another expensive PC or Laptop just for an upgrde to a more advanced O/S.  

BLOGS.WINDOWS.COM

Today, we are thrilled to announce Windows 11 will start to become available on October 5, 2021. On this day, the free upgrade to...

Well, it' s there, but I will wait a few months to install it. Maybe between christmas and new year, then my current installation has been running for one year and could use a reinstall.

It's always good to let others run into the problems before you have to deal with bugs yourself. 😉

7 hours ago, Alladino said:

Well, it' s there, but I will wait a few months to install it. Maybe between christmas and new year, then my current installation has been running for one year and could use a reinstall.

It's always good to let others run into the problems before you have to deal with bugs yourself. 😉

There are no bugs that I have have seen with the clean install download directly from Microsoft.  It's going to be a couple of months for the geeks to figure out how to bypass Microsoft's recommendations.  Once I get that information I'll post it here in a step by step order so ones that are not computer literate will be able to install it.

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

There are no bugs that I have have seen with the clean install download directly from Microsoft.  It's going to be a couple of months for the geeks to figure out how to bypass Microsoft's recommendations.  Once I get that information I'll post it here in a step by step order so ones that are not computer literate will be able to install it.

The compatibily test is not the problem on my side. My current computer setup is only one year old. I even got a graphics card at an almost "fairly fair" price. The same model today costs about 30% more than back then.

My problem is that there were rumors about issues with AMD processors with many cores. Everything is probably not so dramatic as first suspected, but a little patience with update does not hurt either.

9 minutes ago, Alladino said:

The compatibily test is not the problem on my side. My current computer setup is only one year old. I even got a graphics card at an almost "fairly fair" price. The same model today costs about 30% more than back then.

My problem is that there were rumors about issues with AMD processors with many cores. Everything is probably not so dramatic as first suspected, but a little patience with update does not hurt either.

I have a  AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core 24-Thread Processor, 32GB of DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 GDDR5 2 GB Graphics Card  and my PC purrs like a kitten. I can't even hear the thing running.  I don't do gaming even though I have a ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard.

3 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I have a  AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core 24-Thread Processor, 32GB of DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 GDDR5 2 GB Graphics Card  and my PC purrs like a kitten. I can't even hear the thing running.  I don't do gaming even though I have a ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard.

Same processor. 😃👍

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Dog Kitten GIF by MOODMAN its win11 vs yur comp

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

So you are responsible for the blackouts in Canada.

• Haha 2

On 10/10/2021 at 10:01 PM, StnCld316 said:

Microsoft probably just fixed the first non-existent bug. 😉

WCCFTECH.COM

AMD will be issuing a fix to the performance degradation issues encountered with Ryzen CPUs in Microsoft's Windows 11 OS next week.

6 hours ago, Alladino said:

Microsoft probably just fixed the first non-existent bug. 😉

WCCFTECH.COM

AMD will be issuing a fix to the performance degradation issues encountered with Ryzen CPUs in Microsoft's Windows 11 OS next week.

They did fix one good thing and that was the back up process.  When I was running the Beta Version of Win11 the backup was a long and drawn out process of having to back up 3 or 4 attempts before it would work.  Since I got the RTM Version installed  I have not had any further issues with the back up process with it EFI Errors.   That was  the only issue I had with the Beta.  As far as gaming goes I am not a gamer so all the other stuff I would not notice any difference in performance. I'll still install all the updates whether they come from Microsoft, AMD, NVIDIA.

The BIOS Updates can be a little tricky if the specific instructions are not followed.  :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 2:10 AM, StnCld316 said:

They did fix one good thing and that was the back up process.  When I was running the Beta Version of Win11 the backup was a long and drawn out process of having to back up 3 or 4 attempts before it would work.  Since I got the RTM Version installed  I have not had any further issues with the back up process with it EFI Errors.   That was  the only issue I had with the Beta.  As far as gaming goes I am not a gamer so all the other stuff I would not notice any difference in performance. I'll still install all the updates whether they come from Microsoft, AMD, NVIDIA.

The BIOS Updates can be a little tricky if the specific instructions are not followed.  :biggrin:

So, after all, I have now switched to Windows 11. So far no problems. 

Is just one more version of windows 10. 😉