RLC is getting serious about violating their terms & conditions

Question?...If you did record...even now... and did not post it Anywhere and kept it for your own personal use could you still be tracked or get in trouble? I have often wondered this.

No, they cannot unless they install malware into your computer first, and it would be pretty clever malware -- especially if you are using a screen recorder.

THANK'S Foamy! have a Good Day Sir,    :)

They have some sort of blocker for programs that records the feeds. Obviously you can screen cap though. I sure did like my feed recorder when it worked though!

Once they blocked that though I cancelled my membership. I am not home when most of the action was happening so I would set it to record about an hour I leave for work to record for an hour. It was working great but ...:( sadly that ended.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not blocker. Were you using rtmpdump? They changed to rtmps which is an encrypted stream so that you can't record the stream.

No I had purchased a few programs for capturing videos off the net. One worked great for about a week. The other someone posted here so I tried it worked so I purchased. Now that one won't work.

Guest lulek

It's not blocker. Were you using rtmpdump? They changed to rtmps which is an encrypted stream so that you can't record the stream.

No I had purchased a few programs for capturing videos off the net. One worked great for about a week. The other someone posted here so I tried it worked so I purchased. Now that one won't work.

Yes, what you called "blocker" is actually a protected/encrypted stream "rtmps"... which ever program you have paid for was using the same principle as rtmpdump with one exception it was a commercial software which you wasted money on.

Yes, what you called "blocker" is actually a protected/encrypted stream "rtmps"... which ever program you have paid for was using the same principle as rtmpdump with one exception it was a commercial software which you wasted money on.

I use a program called  Debut Video Capture Software seems to be great program so far. Been using it just a little over a year now without any troubles. It does video and screenshot.

I used Camtasia Recorder 8. It doesn't capture the stream t just record whatever is showing on your screen be it video or a powerpoint presentation.

I made a recording with it and didn't see the dots however I have never seen them anyway, only in the screencaps that have been posted.

Can someone who can recognise the dots try that program? you can pirate it from a torrent site.

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html?gclid=CjgKEAjwzcWcBRCat43fy9e5i3ASJADXOBwuh3hWm1DgD5KzbGOFtRl7z9RKkAQ86nEleYsOQHmji_D_BwE

I used Camtasia Recorder 8. It doesn't capture the stream t just record whatever is showing on your screen be it video or a powerpoint presentation.

I made a recording with it and didn't see the dots however I have never seen them anyway, only in the screencaps that have been posted.

Can someone who can recognise the dots try that program? you can pirate it from a torrent site.

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html?gclid=CjgKEAjwzcWcBRCat43fy9e5i3ASJADXOBwuh3hWm1DgD5KzbGOFtRl7z9RKkAQ86nEleYsOQHmji_D_BwE

You can see the dots with the eye. They only appear for a split second then it disappears  and a few seconds later appears in a different spot but each one only stays for split second and it's gone.So if you get a picture just get it when the dot is not there.

Well I would not say wasted money. I have used them for other sites as well as live concerts broadcast on the web. I recorded a graduation, a jazz festival, and a KISS concert all online so.....

Watch an apartment with a very light colored background. Stare at the screen in the center and your peripheral vision will pick up the dots. They have no pattern for display that I can pick up and they flash for about 1/2 a second.

• 1 month later...

Gee, kids. Looks like the RLC goons got Post Image and ImageTwist nuked today. They probably didn't pay "protection" money. C'est la vie.

But somebody else is on the top of the February list, too.

http://chillingeffects.org/N/826942

Still waiting to find out if Motherless & CC are paying royalties to Tech Fashion...humph. Must recruit more covert agents...need Enigma machines or one-time pads to communicate via PMs with my fellow agents now days. Nobody wants to be a lonely secret squirrel.

In the meantime, I'll have mine shaken, not stirred... 8)