RLC is getting serious about violating their terms & conditions

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

itsme and Linked should collaborate and co-write a screenplay.  I think that's the most creative shit I have read in two weeks.  I love it.

It's no that far fetched, people setup legit business to do stuff like that all the time. They likely have thousands of paying members, some of which could be fake, and have a means to transfer money to them internationally under the guise of a website. My point is just that we don't know why RLC exists, and what we think is bad business may actually be a great business tactic that fits their real objective.

It's no that far fetched, people setup legit business to do stuff like that all the time. They likely have thousands of paying members, some of which could be fake, and have a means to transfer money to them internationally under the guise of a website. My point is just that we don't know why RLC exists, and what we think is bad business may actually be a great business tactic that fits their real objective.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/every-breath-you-take-every-move-you-make-14-new-ways-that-the-government-is-watching-you

post-19450-145739618217_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

Just noticed stream restriction on free non-account viewing

When was that implemented ?

There was a statement about that way back when I first checked out RLC a couple years or so ago. It was not stated in bold type, but I recall that they explained "free" stuff could be throttled-down depending on traffic. Not unusual for streaming businesses to offer that perk to paying subscribers, but RLC is a lot kinder to its free-loaders than UL when it comes to bandwidth restrictions.

If you have a Dynamic IP address, when the cams stop at your time limit just power off your modem and router if you have both. Then wait about a minute, then power it back on and your IP should be changed.

If you have a Static IP then you are stuck with only 1 IP address and out of luck until your time for RLC arrives. The only way to beat the Static IP is going through a Proxy Server.

Try using private browsing. I see the messges myself, but a refresh of the page let's me continue the view. I hope RLC doesn't read this by the way.

Try using private browsing. I see the messges myself, but a refresh of the page let's me continue the view. I hope RLC doesn't read this by the way.

Yeah right, they start their work day going through this board  ::)

Since all video's and pictures are taken down so fast, i wouldn't be surpriced if they are. If they need to send a takedown request then they need to know what files are out there. Or do you think these filesharing sites take our links just for fun?

Third party file sharing services would not bother to take down posts unless there was a take-down request from the originator of the DMCA property. It would be bad for business.

How does RLC find out that there their property is floating around at third party services? Why do photobuckets get nixed so soon after posting at CC?

Just guess.

This part of the action isn't just smoke and mirrors. It's obvious.  But then again, squirrels are jumpy and paranoid...so maybe it's just this little squirrel who is suspicious of the rate take downs that occur after CC postings... 8)

I really wouldn't be very surprised to find out that RLC has one or more employees whose duties include constantly monitoring CC for posted content.

After all, they have been engaged in this battle for a long time and it is obvious that they are very good at what they do.  They are also constantly developing new methods to prevent their property from being spread across the internet without their control.