WTF .... WERE THEY LIVE ???

A lot has to do with your age, where you live and how you were brought up.

'tbg' should better renamed to 'twg' (the wise guy)  ;)

If you have a gun here in my country and they see you, they put you into jail for the rest of your life.

Therefore I would never live in a Communist Liberal country where I cannot protect myself. You can stay right where you are and let your Government protect you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a CO2 pistol. You can see the disposable cylinders on the table.

Nice work, it's definitely an airsoft pistol (either that or they were doing whip-its all night). There are many models with rackable slides and they make clones of almost all of the major pistol brands.

In the US, it's a federal law that airsoft guns must have an orange tip, I guess not so much in Mother Russia.

That said, these things still fire BB's at over 300 fps.  They are intended to be non-lethal (unlike a standard BB gun), but you don't want to be pointing it at anyone's head...loaded or not.

That picture of the gun is most interesting. Remember the last couple and the gun? It was a similar pistol type weapon and left carelessly about the apartment. That couple likewise pointed the gun at their heads, and other people ect.  (I did not see them point it at their balls however!)

Turned out it with further scrutiny it was a fake but it is odd this is the ONLY apartment that weapons have been an issue!

Is it where they live? Careless with guns part of the culture?

cas

Cas: here's the cheap and easy Wiki entry:

"Russia

Only Russian citizens who are over eighteen years of age can own civilian firearms. Guns may be acquired for self-defense, hunting or sports activities only. Russian citizens can buy smooth-bore long-barreled firearms and pneumatic weapons with a muzzle energy of up to 25 joules. An individual cannot possess more than ten guns unless part of a registered gun collection, guns that shoot in bursts and have more than a ten-cartridge capacity are prohibited.

Carrying permits are issued for hunting firearms licensed for hunting purposes. People who acquire firearms for the first time are required to attend six and a half hours of classes on handling guns safely and must pass federal tests on safety rules and a background check.[95] Gun licenses are for five years and can be renewed."

"Russia

Only Russian citizens who are over eighteen years of age can own civilian firearms. Guns may be acquired for self-defense, hunting or sports activities only. Russian citizens can buy smooth-bore long-barreled firearms and pneumatic weapons with a muzzle energy of up to 25 joules. An individual cannot possess more than ten guns unless part of a registered gun collection, guns that shoot in bursts and have more than a ten-cartridge capacity are prohibited.

Carrying permits are issued for hunting firearms licensed for hunting purposes. People who acquire firearms for the first time are required to attend six and a half hours of classes on handling guns safely and must pass federal tests on safety rules and a background check.[95] Gun licenses are for five years and can be renewed."

Something the United States should follow.

"Russia

Something the United States should follow.

I think you should post a thread about this in Old Dudes.

We'll join in on the discussion. Since the more intelligent and interesting people have left RLC, we need some stimulating intellectual discussions at CamCaps.

Personally, I believe that responsible citizens have a right to defend themselves against predators, whether they be burglars or tyrannical governments. Especially the latter, since they are responsible for wars and democide.

(I just don't want people shooting squirrels. Rats and birds of prey are OK.  ;D )

Post it: I'll be there if I don't fall asleep and go into hibernation.