How to handle language issues vote

Admin

How should we handle issues with diffrent languages?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How should we handle issues with diffrent languages?

• Create a separate board for Spanish and Turkish
    • Create a separate thread in each board for each language
    • Create a whole new forum for each langauge such as SP.CamCaps.net

One of the board rules is to "try" to use English for posts.  I suggest that those choosing to post in other languages, be required to use an automated translator to English and include the English translation in their post.  Instead of a couple hundred people doing the automatic translations, only one person, the original poster, will need to do it.

si yo uso el traductor para escribir , el va a traducir literalmente lo que yo pongo no va a tener en cuenta las frases echas o la manera de hablar de cada region , si yo pongo me gusta katya el traductor va a poner mi abuela esta cagando , asi que mejor cada uno escribe en su idioma y el que lo lea que entienda lo que pueda .

I think we're simply going to have to keep bumping our asses on the ground like wingless frogs.

We all understand that on-line translators mangle languages, but generally we can understand quite a bit.

I use a translator if I'm interested in a particular thread or if a poster is an expert on a tenant -- for example, we English speakers didn't know what was going on with Alma and Goon Boy, so I turned to posts by Alma Big Ass and our Spanish friends, and took the time to research what they said.

I can understand setting up multiple threads, but there is a lot of information which can be commonly shared, and half the fun of CC is getting to understand people from different countries and cultures.

How about raising the membership price by one dollar and use that to subsidize free membership for members who demonstrate an ability to translate between these languages? Polyglots and human translators would be really helpful around here. I don't think these proposed changes will be beneficial, and I'm sure policing numerous sub-boards would be a pain in the ass for you...

I suggest another response: leave it as it is.

The Spanish speakers gave a lot to this board when videos were being posted, I don't see why they now need to be sent off to their own part of the board because that we can no longer view all the videos they used to provide.

It takes 5 seconds to translate, if any one has an issue with that then maybe they should drink less coffee or something.

I tend to side with both Foamy and Aubrey. You can't do all of that extra work. You'd need a Mod 24/7 to deal with it.

Seeing many languages is a pain in the ass, but maybe I just need to learn to deal with it and simply ignore what I choose to.

There really is no simple solution other than banning half of the membership and that wouldn't be right at all.

I have to agree with some of the others just leave it as is.

We can either translate if we are interested or just skip past them.

The point to have a thread is to talk to others, so a communal language is important, but not always possible. If you are writing in a language different from English I would suggest to write a google translation in the same message, so it's easier for everybody to follow what the message is about instead of skipping it. It is a matter of Netiquette.  :)

Google provide an easy way to translate a page, however, it works well with one language, when you have 2 or 3 languages in the same thread it gets more complicated. Normally, when I see English, French and Spanish in the same thread I just give up and skip it altogether, which is not what the original creator probably intended when started the topic.

Russian (?) and Spanish are the only languages used in the flats which by logic should allow to create topics in those languages when referring to those couples.

However, most of us watching are neither Russians or Spanish, and most topics are created in English and follow ups one expect should be in the same language. However very often you see a topic starting in English going Spanish and French to go back to English again, which topic at that point has been already forgotten  ;D.

By the way, RLC, I would personally love to see an Italian couple, as it is my native language. Let's swap from Spanish to Italian. I am sure you would find some nicer Italian couples ;)

The point to have a thread is to talk to others, so a communal language is important, but not always possible. If you are writing in a language different from English I would suggest to write a google translation in the same message, so it's easier for everybody to follow what the message is about instead of skipping it. It is a matter of Netiquette.  :)

I'm wondering if you would recommend that I, as an English speaker, should add a google translation in each of my posts?  If so, which languages do you think I should accommodate?  Spanish?  Russian? Italian?  All of them?  Any others?

Google provide an easy way to translate a page, however, it works well with one language, when you have 2 or 3 languages in the same thread it gets more complicated. Normally, when I see English, French and Spanish in the same thread I just give up and skip it altogether, which is not what the original creator probably intended when started the topic.

Why don't you just translate each individual post?  Is that too much trouble for you?  I guess it depends upon how interested you are in the thread, eh?

Russian (?) and Spanish are the only languages used in the flats which by logic should allow to create topics in those languages when referring to those couples.

However, most of us watching are neither Russians or Spanish, and most topics are created in English and follow ups one expect should be in the same language. However very often you see a topic starting in English going Spanish and French to go back to English again, which topic at that point has been already forgotten  ;D.

In my mind, the different languages and dealing with them is fun and interesting...as well as getting insights and opinions from people from other countries and cultures.

I know google translate isn't perfect, but it's good enough for me.

By the way, RLC, I would personally love to see an Italian couple, as it is my native language. Let's swap from Spanish to Italian. I am sure you would find some nicer Italian couples ;)

I don't know what reasons RLC has for choosing the countries they operate in, but my guess is that it has something to do with laws and attitudes concerning webcam industries.  I'm pretty sure that this kind of thing wouldn't go over too well here in the US.