Masha, Sam - 2022 #5

Noldus

8 minutes ago, philo said:

Are you an RLC on-camera participant or behind the scenes?

Just listen.
minimal knowledge of Russian, and in time you will have a source and, if things go well, a personal connection.

It would not surprise me if many of the RLC Russians did not end up in Barcelona if they can get there. From my participation on another forum, there were several members who had personal expertise in areas of finance and Internet technology...areas that I am not familiar with. The value of that forum was that members freely shared their knowledge and expertise. One member did extensive research on the original RLC company. He learned and shared with everyone, that there was a substantial investment in Barcelona by the Russians. The had a full service adult complex that included a club, talent agencies and photography companies. It included domiciles and temporary housing facilities for  RLC talent in between assignments. The infrastructure also included a legitimate university where people could earn real degrees in such fields as public relations etc. It was claimed that Kammie got her degree there. The financing people on the forum claimed that the infrastructure was financed by the spoils from the dissolution of the Soviet Union, where everything USSR was sold off to the highest bidder, thus creating the Russian oligarchy.  I don't know if any of that was true. I am bi-lingual with English as my second language. My first language is only spoken privately among family members and friends and it is not Russian. 

34 minutes ago, philo said:

This is good information if accurate. I curious to know how you have access to such information if you care to disclose. It's not something that most of us would have the opportunity to know about. Thanks.

Ok, I have a question for either you or rado. I never heard Sam speak English when in Russia with Eva, but if he does speak good English, is there a possibinity that unknown to us, Eva can speak English also? Mat, her new partner in B6 is very fluent in English so that would mean Eva has had two English-speaking partners. It would seem that she too might speak the language also as she is obviously a very  smart woman. Just curious on any info either of you might have. Thanks.

1 minute ago, DWI said:

Ok, I have a question for either you or rado. I never heard Sam speak English when in Russia with Eva, but if he does speak good English, is there a possibinity that unknown to us, Eva can speak English also? Mat, her new partner in B6 is very fluent in English so that would mean Eva has had two English-speaking partners. It would seem that she too might speak the language also as she is obviously a very  smart woman. Just curious on any info either of you might have. Thanks.

I cannot say that I have ever heard Eva speak English. However, I have seen over the years that RLC places a premium on bi-lingual talent. Masha, for example, speaks about five languages fluently. In the early days of B-1, participants used to gather in the kitchen and show off their English language skills, directed towards the camera. Also, whenever RLC wanted to promote a particular script, they we have the participants get right in front of the cameras and speak in English. So, in response to your question, I personally always assume that all RLC participants speak English, whether they ever perform it on camera or not.

11 minutes ago, DWI said:

Politically speaking, there are good strategic reasons why RLC does not want to be viewed as catering to English speakers. I suspect that the loss of the Russian RLC apartments are tied to the east-west political wars. The past rumors that RLC was seeking to locate sites in the USA probably did more to harm RLC than to help it. I personally lost money as I had just resubscribe an annual subscription to RLC the day they shut down the Russian apartments. All I was offered by RLC to reimburse me for my loss was free access to replay, which was just being brought on line.  I think RLC has been balancing these English speaking issues on a tight rope for some time now. I personally have developed a skill set (before subscribing to RLC) where I can communicate non-verbally with people from anywhere.  (Research data will confirm that most communication occurs non-verbally). So, the English speaking issue, for me, is purely academic. 

29 minutes ago, philo said:

It would not surprise me if many of the RLC Russians did not end up in Barcelona if they can get there. From my participation on another forum, there were several members who had personal expertise in areas of finance and Internet technology...areas that I am not familiar with. The value of that forum was that members freely shared their knowledge and expertise. One member did extensive research on the original RLC company. He learned and shared with everyone, that there was a substantial investment in Barcelona by the Russians. The had a full service adult complex that included a club, talent agencies and photography companies. It included domiciles and temporary housing facilities for  RLC talent in between assignments. The infrastructure also included a legitimate university where people could earn real degrees in such fields as public relations etc. It was claimed that Kammie got her degree there. The financing people on the forum claimed that the infrastructure was financed by the spoils from the dissolution of the Soviet Union, where everything USSR was sold off to the highest bidder, thus creating the Russian oligarchy.  I don't know if any of that was true. I am bi-lingual with English as my second language. My first language is only spoken privately among family members and friends and it is not Russian. 

I did not know that.
Such things are quite possible. Along with London and other cities, Barcelona is also a good place for Russian money.

I listen to Masha, I write what I think is important and leads to the understanding of the participants.
Since Elvis has been here I haven't listened much, I didn't like this man.

2 minutes ago, rado07 said:

I did not know that.
Such things are quite possible. Along with London and other cities, Barcelona is also a good place for Russian money.

I listen to Masha, I write what I think is important and leads to the understanding of the participants.

There is much that we agree on.

36 minutes ago, DWI said:

from the past
Sam is a well-travelled man
For example, he made a long journey through India
later he also received friends from India in St. Petersburg.
Eva started learning English in Petersburg
she had a private teacher who came to the apartment once a week.
She can now speak some English. but I think it's still hard for them

4 minutes ago, rado07 said:

I did not know that.

I first became aware of where the Russian money was impacting when I lived on Miami Beach. A Trump hotel that had been stopped in mid-construction due to the 2008 financial housing disaster all of a sudden got completed, with complementary Russian restaurants across the street from the hotel. I was told by the local real estate people that the Russians paid whatever the asking price was, without any negotiations, just to acquire property.

1 hour ago, philo said:

None of want to question the validity of information we receive from fellow forum members. However, I always try to reserve judgement when such people are reluctant to reveal the source of their knowledge.

I hear you Philo but I do think if you get special information you want to respect that and not reveal the source.  It’s a challenge for sure.