Tell me something:

Guest cerberos

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of these gruesome spectacles in the middle ages would be view by large crowds including even children.  And they would often have barkers, or little stands where they would sell corny dogs, well maybe not corny dogs, but stuff to eat, much like what you might see at a state fair. 

I do think there was some social value attached to this, as it made it pretty obvious for those that are slow to catch on as to what would not be tolerated.

Something we sorely lack nowadays. 

I can almost sense the excitement back then.

One young woman speaking to another:  "Yea!,.. Today they're gonna have one of those spinning wheel thingys,.. I haven't seen that one in quite a while."

Back in the days of the Wild West, public hangings were a terrific social event. You hustle the whole family to them, especially the younger boys, and then, after that, they do not think it's cool to kill people or be a criminal.

The "Wild West" was fairly safe from crime once a town was established. People died from diseases and accidents; homicide was rare, and it was quickly avenged. So was horse theft.

Maybe Philadelphia, Chicago, Detroit and Washington DC should resort to the same educational methods and allow conceal/carry for upright citizens like they did in the Old West.

Woody: I'll PM you on why I know this to be a fact.

Place the accused on one of these wheels that woodworker speaks of. Then let the public pay one lousy dollar to take a shot at the perp on the wheel as it spins at a fair clip. One shot per person. And then let the public keep shooting until just like the little red star on the paper at the carnival, it all disappears.

Have a firetruck standing by to just wash the chunks that fell to the ground down the drain. Sounds quite fair to me. And be sure to let the victims family and all of it's members have the first shots.