US General Domestic Politics (2023) #1 Begins 01/01/23

6 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

the will of the Ukrainian people and their fighting skills.

If it wasn't for the western nations supplying them with weapons and billions of dollars they wouldn't be able to fight out of a wet paper bag.

34 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

No, I agree with Trump that we should have never been in Iraq. But apparently, you want to go back to the good old days of the Bushes and McConnells running the Republican Party where everything is done to benefit the Washington, D.C. establishment swamp dwellers at the expense of the American tax paying working class. You seem to be more upset with the 20 Republicans delaying Kevin McCarthy's coronation than you were with the 18 Republican senators who  helped to further bankrupt the U.S. by voting for the $1.7 trillion spending bill. '

I thought Busch was a criminal who should have been investegated for faking WMD in order to get into Iraq.

1 hour ago, maxfactor said:

Not going to get an argument from me on any of it.  But restricting funding moving forward just so 20 idiots and their blinders on idealology can get their revenge...because its Biden and because Zolensky didnt play Trumps game will not help.

Funding would not have been restricted.  The House and Senate could have passed a short term spending bill to keep government operating until the end of December, 2022, and then House Republicans would have had an opportunity to write and pass a long term spending bill in January, 2023.  Instead, 18 Republican senators supported a bill that was written by Democrats in the House and Senate. The $1.7 trillion spending bill covers government spending thru Sept. 30, 2023, so Republican  senators took away Republican House members ability to control government spending for 2023. That spending bill DOES effect the lives of hard working American taxpayers. But this battle for Speaker is just a Washington, D.C. soap opera promoted and hyped by the tv talking heads and rest of the news media.  The Speaker battle has absolutely no effect on the lives of working class American citizens.

3 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Funding would not have been restricted.  The House and Senate could have passed a short term spending bill to keep government operating until the end of December, 2022, and then House Republicans would have had an opportunity to write and pass a long term spending bill in January, 2023.  Instead, 18 Republican senators supported a bill that was written by Democrats in the House and Senate. The $1.7 trillion spending bill covers government spending thru Sept. 30, 2023, so Republican  senators took away Republican House members ability to control government spending for 2023. That spending bill DOES effect the lives of hard working American taxpayers. But this battle for Speaker is just a Washington, D.C. soap opera promoted and hyped by the tv talking heads and rest of the news media.  The Speaker battle has absolutely no effect on the lives of working class American citizens.

Sitting governments like to bundle (hide or bury) bills.  Just a fact of life.  

1 hour ago, maxfactor said:

Not going to get an argument from me on any of it.  But restricting funding moving forward just so 20 idiots and their blinders on idealology can get their revenge...because its Biden and because Zolensky didnt play Trumps game will not help.

What game did Zelenskyy not play with Trump? The Biden investigations?  Trump gave Ukraine more military aid than Obama ever did. 

Just now, maxfactor said:

Sitting governments like to bundle (hide or bury) bills.  Just a fact of life.  

That's a fact of life the American taxpayers are tired of paying for. I guess you passive Canadians are so use to being shit on by government officials that you just accept that no change is possible. As far as I can see, there are no major differences between the policies of liberal and conservative politicians in Canada. That's why Canadian elections never really change anything for Canadian citizens. Just a choice between Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee.

In the latest vote for Speaker of the House Republican Rep. Byron Donalds received 20 votes. Donalds would be a great compromise choice. He is a Black congressman from Florida.  That would also put another feather in the cap of Republicans by electing the first Black Speaker of the House.  If McCarthy were to withdraw his name and put his support behind Donalds, I believe Donalds could be elected.