Diana and Efim Observations

Man please. Let's not pretend Diana is some kind of musical virtuoso. Her singing is only above average, and she's far from the point of making any money from her instrument playing. Keep things in perspective.

They are both pretty crap musicians.

It's true that Diana is only an average pianist, actually not really quite even that when you consider what truly good playing is.  Likewise, the same with her voice. 

But at least she does show an appreciation for music, including even classical music at times.  Which tells me that she would also probably be opened to or appreciate other good things in life as well.

But Buster is right.  By praising her abilities too highly, you are in effect lessening the achievements of those who are truly noteworthy. 

I think that even she would probably admit to that.

It's true that Diana is only an average pianist, actually not really quite even that when you consider what truly good playing is.  Likewise, the same with her voice. 

But at least she does show an appreciation for music, including even classical music at times.  Which tells me that she would also probably be opened to or appreciate other good things in life as well.

But Buster is right.  By praising her abilities too highly, you are in effect lessening the achievements of those who are truly noteworthy. 

I think that even she would probably admit to that.

Certes, l'analyse est juste mais on ne peut comparer le touché de Thomas Labé interprétant Debussy sur un Steinway  avec celui de Diana sur un piano électrique travaillant Mozart sauf erreur de ma part. La barre est trop haute.

De même Efim doit encore beaucoup travailler sa contrebasse bien que je l'aie entendu jouer un matin avec une certaine réussite. C'était assez agréable à écouter.

A force de travail ils deviendront peut-être un jour, non pas des virtuoses, mais des musiciens comme on en trouve dans les écoles de musique.

Reconnaissons cependant que ces deux là sont bien plus intéressants à regarder sur bien des plans, comparés aux autres occupants RLC. Les mauvaises langues diront que ce n'est pas difficile

Mais je les aime bien. A la différence des autres ils sourient, parlent entre eux, partagent des occupations et montrent un certain bonheur à être ensemble  alors que je trouve que les autres font la gueule exceptés Adriana-Daniel...  qui ne sont jamais là.  :)

-----------------------------------------------

Your analysis is right but we can't compare the touch of Thomas Labé performing Debussy on a Steinway with Diana on an electric piano working Mozart (except error on my part). The bar is set too high.

Efim must still much work his double bass although I heard him play one morning with some success. It was quite pleasant to listen to.

Hard work they may become one day, not virtuoso, but musicians as found in music schools.

However, recognize that these two are a lot more interesting to watch on many plans, compared to the other occupants RLC. The evil tongues say that it is not difficult...

But I like them. Unlike others they smile, talk to each other, share occupations and show a certain pleasure to be together while I find the others sulk except Adriana-Daniel...    absent continuously  :)

Well, I agree with you on both counts.  But I didn't leave that video there to hurt her feelings or to kick her down the stairs so to speak, because I believe that Diana herself would appreciate great music from great musicians as well.

In fact, that's why I choose a gentle, sweet song instead of one of the more impressive or more demanding pieces being played by the likes of Claudio Arrau, or Pascal Roge', or others of such caliber. 

I think Diana is a sweet girl, and if I knew her personally I would always be encouraging to her.

To me, anyone with a desire to learn something worthwhile should be encouraged, and not discouraged.   

I'm happy to see any RLC couple that is trying to learn new things, develop talents, and isn't simply taking up space. D&E are far more interesting than the couples who are used tubes of toothpaste or  dirty dishrags, and we've had plenty of those to look at over at RLC.

Never mind the fact that RLC cams have hideous microphones and the room acoustics are no better. Mind the fact that they love music, study it, share it, and are constantly practicing it.

I respect that.

Man please. Let's not pretend Diana is some kind of musical virtuoso. Her singing is only above average, and she's far from the point of making any money from her instrument playing. Keep things in perspective.

Of course I don't think Diana is some kind of musical genius. Maybe I expressed myself in a wrong way. What I meant is that Diana has a better understanding of classical music and she really knows how to play the piano. She is not Chopin though  :)

• 3 weeks later...