US General Domestic Politics (2023) #5 (Starts 2/10/23)

5 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

That's an old photo from the original FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago. More deceptive reporting by the news media.The owner of Fox News, Murdoch, does not want Trump to run for president in 2024, so he has joined the smear campaign against Trump..  

Nobody wants Trump except about 30% of those who once did.  Sorry but your self warshiping pumpkin head is going to lose.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Your position on a Nazi regieme attempting to terrorize another country is remarkable.  The mental gymnastics required to justify not doing anything is shameful.

What the hell you talking about? I was in favor of giving Ukraine all the arms they requested BEFORE Putin's invasion. If we had done so, Putin may have decided not to invade because he knew the cost would be too high for Russia ( an example of Reagan's doctrine of "peace through strength"). Now we need to figure out how to end the war before it spirals out of control. Also, the U.S. is already almost $32 trillion in debt and we are depleting our own military readiness as we send more of our military equipment to Ukraine. 

Just now, Ridgerunner said:

What the hell you talking about? I was in favor of giving Ukraine all the arms they requested BEFORE Putin's invasion. If we had done so, Putin may have decided not to invade because he knew the cost would be too high for Russia ( an example of Reagan's doctrine of "peace through strength"). Now we need to figure out how to end the war before it spirals out of control. Also, the U.S. is already almost $32 trillion in debt and we are depleting our own military readiness as we send more of our military equipment to Ukraine. 

So now we should stop supporting them, so you can be right?  The US military is just fine.

14 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Nobody wants Trump except about 30% of those who once did.  Sorry but your self warshiping pumpkin head is going to lose.

So be it. Whatever the American people decide through the election process. But I guarantee you that whoever the Republicans choose the U.S. news media will make that person look like one of the most evil and incompetent people in the history of mankind. I hope whoever the Republican nominee is that they have the strength to stand up to the corrupt news media.

12 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

So now we should stop supporting them, so you can be right?  The US military is just fine.

Everyday the war continues more Ukrainian civilians are killed and more of Ukraine is destroyed. Should have worked harder to prevent war in the first place and now should work hard to end the war.  You have a short memory. At the beginning of the war Biden's State Dept and the Pentagon had offered to evacuate Zelenskyy from Ukraine and expected the Russians to conquer Ukraine in a matter of weeks. 

6 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Everyday the war continues more Ukrainian civilians are killed and more of Ukraine is destroyed. Should have worked harder to prevent war in the first place and now should work hard to end the war.  You have a short memory. At the beginning of the war Biden's State Dept and the Pentagon had offered to evacuate Zelenskyy from Ukraine and expected the Russians to conquer Ukraine in a matter of weeks. 

So if the US is invaded...by Great Britian, just relent, President flies to Canada? 

I have never heard such a stupid plan.

Ukraine does not want to be Russian...get it through your head FFS

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Everyday the war continues more Ukrainian civilians are killed and more of Ukraine is destroyed. Should have worked harder to prevent war in the first place and now should work hard to end the war.  You have a short memory. At the beginning of the war Biden's State Dept and the Pentagon had offered to evacuate Zelenskyy from Ukraine and expected the Russians to conquer Ukraine in a matter of weeks. Biden didn't give meaningful military support to Ukraine until their was a big outcry from the world about the destruction that was taking place in Ukraine. He continually said we had to be careful of what we gave Ukraine for fear of provoking Putin. Remember when the Ukrainians begged for MIG jets from Poland and Biden's people didn't want Poland to send them?

Just now, maxfactor said:

So if the US is invaded...by Great Britian, just relent, President flies to Canada? 

That was Biden's plan, not mine you damn fool. It was Biden's State Dept that offered to evacuate Zelenskyy, not me. I thought the offer was ridiculous and emboldened Putin even more. Before the war Biden also indicated that if Putin made only a 'minor incursion into Ukraine' that it would be no big deal. If we and NATO had been more forceful in warning Putin not to invade, the war may have been prevented. 

12 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Maybe before the war started Biden should have told Putin in private if he invades Ukraine that we would nuke Moscow. 

3 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

That was Biden's plan, not mine you damn fool. It was Biden's State Dept that offered to evacuate Zelenskyy, not me. I thought the offer was ridiculous and emboldened Putin even more. Before the war Biden also indicated that if Putin made only a 'minor incursion into Ukraine' that it would be no big deal. If we and NATO had been more forceful in warning Putin not to invade, the war may have been prevented. 

How bout a bet on the Super Bowl?  I'll place mine tomorrow.  

Monday morning QB in a situation like Ukraine is in helps nobody.  But I guess it works for US politics