What is Camcaps.com ???

Many times, a website owner will secure the .xxx of many of the common URL's. That way, no matter what suffix is typed, you end up at the host site.

What happens here in the future remains to be seen, unless @StnCld316has some valuable info.

I'd like to see us get away from this shit Invision software. I'm on a few boards that use the XenForo software and it's like day and night compared to here.

2 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

Many times, a website owner will secure the .xxx of many of the common URL's. That way, no matter what suffix is typed, you end up at the host site.

What happens here in the future remains to be seen, unless @StnCld316has some valuable info.

I'd like to see us get away from this shit Invision software. I'm on a few boards that use the XenForo software and it's like day and night compared to here.

I have not heard anything on any changes to the prefix for camcaps it's always had the .net prefix.  

With the advancement of technology over the years there are a lot of nice looking forum software's available. Admin would have to be the one to make any decision for a change.

The .com, .net, .org are what are called top level domains and are open TLD's. They are open to anyone that wants to register a website, providing the chosen site name is not already being used or bought. 

Then there are the closed TLD's. ie: .museum, .aero, .mil, etc... You have to prove your organization to register with these types of domains.

But I seem to remember about 8 years ago or so, when .xxx suffixes were becoming more numerous, Admin said he was buying up the domains that CamCaps could possibly use, so that when the URL was mistyped you were automatically redirected to the CamCaps.net site. The cost then to secure that particular suffix was fairly cheap and he did it for reasons of ease to the searcher. Now there are hundreds of suffixes to buy into.