US General Domestic Politics (2023) #8 (Starts 3/07/23)

On 3/8/2023 at 1:34 AM, StarLight28 said:

Aber irgendwie sind wir hier im falschen Forum gelandet. Eher Europa-Politik. {But somehow we ended up here in the wrong forum. Rather European politics.}

You are correct. I'd move it, but for some reason, the United States seems to get drawn into European problems endlessly. My ancestors came to the New World primarily to get away from such European problems.

I'd use my magical Mod powers to move the comments, but I think at this time, the actions in Europe are relevent to US domestic politics. It's not entirely off-topic, and it's important to provide a European point-of-view on this war that clearly affects the whole world.

Plus, I'm too lazy to move topics or comments. And I screw up when I do it, and the StnCold has to fix my damage. :biggrin:

----------------

Du hast Recht. Ich würde es verschieben, aber aus irgendeinem Grund scheinen die Vereinigten Staaten endlos in europäische Probleme hineingezogen zu werden. Meine Vorfahren kamen in erster Linie in die Neue Welt, um solchen europäischen Problemen zu entkommen.

Ich würde meine magischen Mod-Kräfte einsetzen, um die Kommentare zu verschieben, aber ich denke, zu diesem Zeitpunkt sind die Aktionen in Europa für die US-Innenpolitik relevant. Es ist nicht völlig off-topic, und es ist wichtig, einen europäischen Standpunkt zu diesem Krieg zu bieten, der eindeutig die ganze Welt betrifft.

Außerdem bin ich zu faul, Themen oder Kommentare zu verschieben. Und ich vermassele es, wenn ich es tue, und der StnCold muss meinen Schaden beheben. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

California already has a $22 billion budget deficit, so where is the money for reparations going to come from? States can't print money like the federal government can.

And in 2022 California had a $100 Billion record surplus.  Now the Democrats and Newsome have chased the wealthy out of California and together with reckless spending, poor fiscal management have turned it into a deficit.  

2 hours ago, StarLight28 said:

WWW.SAARBRUECKER-ZEITUNG.DE

The crash of two US banks brings back dark memories of the financial and banking crisis of 2008. Washington is reacting quickly to prevent panic among investors. Who is to blame for the misery?

WWW.MSN.COM

By bailing out all depositors—even those who had more than the already insured $250,000 in the banks in question—the federal government has just nationalized the banking sector.

And the last line of this article says it better than I could have:

Joe Biden is spending the country into oblivion. He is bailing out wealthy depositors at these banks. Under Biden, our once-private banking industry has essentially been nationalized, too. With each year this man remains in office, a little bit more of America you and I knew will be chipped away. Eventually, we will look much like the European Union: a boon for crony capitalists and a nightmare for innovators. 

1 hour ago, StarLight28 said:

WWW.N-TV.DE

Moskau weist Washingtons Vorwurf zurück, dass Russland für den Absturz einer US-Drohne über dem Schwarzen Meer verantwortlich sei. Das US-Außenministerium bleibt dennoch bei seiner Darstellung. Nun...

Lindsay Graham says we should start shooting down Russian jets.  Hope this wasn't another Gulf of Tonkin incident. :sad:

57 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:
WWW.MSN.COM

Five Georgia grand jurors have spoken out after eight months of hearing testimony related to the 2020 presidential election.

Man muß sich ernsthaft fragen welche Kenntnis und welchen Respekt Trump von "Demokratie" hat. Kurzes Zitat aus dem Artikel spricht Bände - oder eine ganze Bibliothek. Den Anruf mit der "Aufforderubg" kan man auch als Anstiftung zum Betrug werten. Trump spricht ja immer blumig und meint etwas anderes als seine Worte.

Hier das Zitat:

Bild_2023_03_16_01_10_54_206.png

Bild_2023_03_16_01_11_43_834.png

13 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Lindsay Graham says we should start shooting down Russian jets.  Hope this wasn't another Gulf of Tonkin incident. :sad:

The Gulf of Tonkin incident was an unnecessary false flag war created by then president Johnson.  Over 58,000 Americans died based on a lie. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

The Gulf of Tonkin incident was an unnecessary false flag war created by then president Johnson.  Over 58,000 Americans died based on a lie. 

Ob LÜGEN wohl Strategie der USA sind Kriege zu beginnen - oder sich dort einzumischen ???? 😁

2 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

You are correct. I'd move it, but for some reason, the United States seems to get drawn into European problems endlessly. My ancestors came to the New World primarily to get away from such European problems.

I'd use my magical Mod powers to move the comments, but I think at this time, the actions in Europe are relevent to US domestic politics. It's not entirely off-topic, and it's important to provide a European point-of-view on this war that clearly affects the whole world.

Plus, I'm too lazy to move topics or comments. And I screw up when I do it, and the StnCold has to fix my damage. :biggrin:

----------------

Du hast Recht. Ich würde es verschieben, aber aus irgendeinem Grund scheinen die Vereinigten Staaten endlos in europäische Probleme hineingezogen zu werden. Meine Vorfahren kamen in erster Linie in die Neue Welt, um solchen europäischen Problemen zu entkommen.

I

Hineinziehen ?? Das lag lange wohl an eine besondere Affinität zwischen England und den USA. In WK 1 hat England USA in den Krieg "hineingezogen" und in WK 2 hat USA in Schiffskonvois, in Geleitzügen ohne Ende Waffen und Material an England geliefert. Nur wenig davon konnte durch deutsche U-Boote aufgehalten werden. Ohnedem wäre das Königreich schon lange untergegangen, nicht erst durch diese Katastrophe bei Dünkirchen. Unterstützung wurde immer mehr - wie heute bei der Ukraine, wie sich diese Bilder gleichen. USA war inoffiziell "Kriegspartei", bis Deutschland den USA offiziell den Krieg erklärte.

Ich habe hier mal eine Statistik gepostet, danach war seit 1945 USA an gut 60 Kriegen und Konflikten beteiligt. Sie wurde nur selten "hineingezogen" sondern hat bereitwillig auf "Hilferufe" von anderen Halunken gewartet oder sich freiwillig gleich selbst eingemischt. Den Irak zu überfallen, darum hat sie niemand gebeten. Sadam Hussein ermorden zu lassen auch nicht - es gibt viele Despoten auf der Welt, da gibt es dann noch viel zu tun.

Schiiten an "die Macht" zu bringen und Sunniten zu vertreiben war zudem ein Flop. Das sunnitische Militär hat Personal und Waffen gestohlen und der IS hat sich über den großen Zulauf gefreut. Resultat ist seit vielen Jahren ein blutiger Krieg in Syrien durch den IS. USA kann das egal sein, IHR Land muß Millionen "Syrien-Flüchtlinge" ja nicht aufnehmen - warum eigentlich nicht ?????  Dafür ist EUROPA ja gut genug - am aller meisten Deutschland als US-Wasserträger.

Vielleicht einmal etwas zum nachdenken !          Und jetzt sind wir wieder in der fast richtigen Rubrik. 😁

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

Actually, since the so called Gulf of Tonkin incident was a step in attempting to be one less country of the world overtaken and dominated by marxism and communistic ideologies, you know, the kind of idiotic ridiculous ideologies that so many on the left are so fond of nowadays, 58,000 Americans died because of an attempt to allow democratic ideologies to prevail rather than marxist or communistic ideologies. What other country has sacrificed as much in the name of a free way of life.

1 hour ago, happyone said:
WWW.MSN.COM

By bailing out all depositors—even those who had more than the already insured $250,000 in the banks in question—the federal government has just nationalized the banking sector.

And the last line of this article says it better than I could have:

Joe Biden is spending the country into oblivion. He is bailing out wealthy depositors at these banks. Under Biden, our once-private banking industry has essentially been nationalized, too. With each year this man remains in office, a little bit more of America you and I knew will be chipped away. Eventually, we will look much like the European Union: a boon for crony capitalists and a nightmare for innovators. 

He's one of the most corrupt and sorry assed worthless excuse's of humanity that is no more than sorry assed puppet.

• Like 2