Suggestion Board

Woof

12 minutes ago, alanohio said:

My recommendation to RLC...

1. Move Leora/Paul and Nina/Kira to the Premium level.

2. Remove Carina/Sabrina and Suzan/Hector from the Premium level.

3. Try again with the Danaya/Adele/Aida apartment.

I think all the Apartments should revert back to Standard and dump the Premium altogether.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

The rule prohibiting replying in picture and video threads is ruining the site (more than chat is).  It may have been a good idea in concept, but it doesn't work in reality.  It has reduced the amount of relative chatter on the board significantly (with the exception of the few people that post all day long on the girl apt threads).

Please reconsider allowing posts in picture threads.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tripod2 said:

The rule prohibiting replying in picture and video threads is ruining the site (more than chat is).  It may have been a good idea in concept, but it doesn't work in reality.  It has reduced the amount of relative chatter on the board significantly (with the exception of the few people that post all day long on the girl apt threads).

Please reconsider allowing posts in picture threads.

I'm sorry Admin and mods, but I have to agree with tripod2.  It is easily seen how the amount of relative chatter has decreased.  I for one would like to see commenting reinstated back in the pictures thread!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I'm sorry Admin and mods, but I have to agree with tripod2.  It is easily seen how the amount of relative chatter has decreased.  I for one would like to see commenting reinstated back in the pictures thread!

I'm sorry HarleyFatboy and tripod2, but I feel have to disagree with the both of you.  I enjoy going to a picture thread and seeing nothing but pictures... and not have to scroll through pages of comments, most of which have  nothing to do with the pictures, to see a half dozen picture posts.  A picture, or video, only thread lets me see continuous picture or video posts and that's what I prefer.

I do agree with you, HarleyFatboy, that the chatter in the threads has decreased, and that is not a good thing, in my opinion.  And, the feature that I think is taking away from the interaction of CC members in the threads... is the Chat.  One cannot go into the chat and find out what's been discussed 30 or 60 minutes, or even 2 hours, previous.  If you weren't in the chat for hours and hours, you've no idea what's been discussed, and you may have missed a discussion about something you would have enjoyed participating in.  

So, eliminate the chat and chatter in the threads will pick up again, as long as the chatter in the threats isn't in the picture or video threads.

::)   

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, rubberball50 said:

I'm sorry HarleyFatboy and tripod2, but I feel have to disagree with the both of you.  I enjoy going to a picture thread and seeing nothing but pictures... and not have to scroll through pages of comments, most of which have  nothing to do with the pictures, to see a half dozen picture posts.  A picture, or video, only thread lets me see continuous picture or video posts and that's what I prefer.

I do agree with you, HarleyFatboy, that the chatter in the threads has decreased, and that is not a good thing, in my opinion.  And, the feature that I think is taking away from the interaction of CC members in the threads... is the Chat.  One cannot go into the chat and find out what's been discussed 30 or 60 minutes, or even 2 hours, previous.  If you weren't in the chat for hours and hours, you've no idea what's been discussed, and you may have missed a discussion about something you would have enjoyed participating in.  

So, eliminate the chat and chatter in the threads will pick up again, as long as the chatter in the threats isn't in the picture or video threads.

::)   

RB50,  I do agree that the chat is killing the interaction between the CC members in the threads and I even commented about them getting rid of it, but it's not place to make those kind of decisions and unfortunately I just have to go with the CC flow.

As for comments in the picture threads I will have to respectfully disagree.  The Admin and or mods can probably send out a mass PM to everyone (that way no one is missed) and tell them that they have decided to allow comments in the picture & video threads again under one stipulation, if a CC member submits a post to either of these threads and it has nothing to do with the pictures or videos, they are automatically banned.  This will probably never happen for one reason and one reason only, it would put allot more time and effort in the mods hands and you and I both know that they probably have their hands full as it is.  However, it they did as suggested and made good on the banning for anyone that made a post that has nothing to do with the pictures or videos, I don't think they would have to police those threads very long and people would see that they were serious about it and quit.  Anyway, just my thoughts and once again I agree with you about the chat ruining the forum!  I have to leave but I will happily check back later for any response.  Take care!

I suspect some of you might know this, but there is a way to comment directly on a picture in the Comment thread and link it to the picture being commented on.

Right click on the "Posted X minutes ago", copy that link and paste it into your comment.

12 minutes ago, alanohio said:

I suspect some of you might know this, but there is a way to comment directly on a picture in the Comment thread and link it to the picture being commented on.

Right click on the "Posted X minutes ago", copy that link and paste it into your comment.

I didnt know this thx! But the picture already has to be in the comments from a previous post correct?

2 minutes ago, Boatsandhoes said:

I didnt know this thx! But the picture already has to be in the comments from a previous post correct?

The picture can be anywhere as long as it is in the comment you are pulling the link from.