Suggestion Board

Woof

I agree with you about the chat ruining the forum! 

And, the feature that I think is taking away from the interaction of CC members in the threads... is the Chat. 

At least there is not 75% crap in the threads now, like is it snowing there> no it's raining> Oh well that is nice> I am going go for ride> well i have to go t work now>wonder where such and such is I haven't seen him lately> or all the one two and three word comments, which is crazy 214 pages of comments with 136 pages in the picture/comments thread for Dec girls apartment,

The best thing that has ever happened to the forum is the CHAT, just needs a function where you go back and search the chat.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, you people are hard to please. If I didn't have to get out of here for work, I'd create a poll and see how everyone feels. I'd probably only get a few responses to the poll anyway. Sigh!

19 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Damn, you people are hard to please. If I didn't have to get out of here for work, I'd create a poll and see how everyone feels. I'd probably only get a few responses to the poll anyway. Sigh!

I'm really not that hard to please TBG......leave it the way it is, won't hurt my feelings.  I was just stating how I feel about it.

• 3 weeks later...

2 suggestions,

Can we have an RLC thread to discuss changes that they have made across all the cams, for instance, i have just noticed that going full screen is now a premium membership feature and would like to discuss that, but not sure where in the current forum it would fit.

Random Discussion seems to be where that chat goes, but to me random discussion is something unrelated to RLC.

The other suggestion, just a little bug bear, is when I am on the homepage, it has the last 5 posts, but the content isn't always obvious as to which apartment, 
We have 
Kamila & Kristy ~ General Chat for this Apartment May 01/16. to ?
as a clear thread title, but most of the other apartments just have
General Chat for this Apartment ~ May 01/16. to ?

So can we either have the residents names included in the thread titles, or their initials:)

(may have to ignore suggestion 2, just looked through the threads and it would appear there are only a couple that don't have the residents names included)

There sure is a lot of noise on the chat but that is to be expected, it's in the nature of a chat. The problem I have with the chat is the auto kickout if you've been idle for 15 minutes. Please remove it or extends it to a couple of hours. I really don't see the point of it, especially not for paying members. I was told it had something to do with RLC spies but never fully understood the logic, it sounded more like a conspiracy theory to me. Personally, I don't want to chat continuously (I have other things happening on the computer, or I may be away eating or something, or I just don't care for the inane chatter) but I do want to catch up on what's going on (occasionally the chat is actually about the RLC streams) and sometimes provide information, but I gave up since I was always kicked out from the chat.

7 hours ago, Spoon said:

There sure is a lot of noise on the chat but that is to be expected, it's in the nature of a chat. The problem I have with the chat is the auto kickout if you've been idle for 15 minutes. Please remove it or extends it to a couple of hours. I really don't see the point of it, especially not for paying members. I was told it had something to do with RLC spies but never fully understood the logic, it sounded more like a conspiracy theory to me. Personally, I don't want to chat continuously (I have other things happening on the computer, or I may be away eating or something, or I just don't care for the inane chatter) but I do want to catch up on what's going on (occasionally the chat is actually about the RLC streams) and sometimes provide information, but I gave up since I was always kicked out from the chat.

The purpose of having 15 Minutes was put in to remove the ones that were sitting idle for great lengths of time and never participate. 

I believe but can't say for sure that the chat only can go to 50 users. So this keeps it open for people that want to chat and removes the idle ones.

If 15 Minutes is to soon that time can be increased to 45 Minutes which should be long enough time for idle users that just sit there and don't participate.

There was some speculation that some idle ones could have been from RLC but that could never be proven if they were or were not.

Ok, I have one for all the CC computer genius's, There seems to be a lot of complaining about comments on the pic pages.

Is there a way to have the comments hidden for each pic? Sort of like instag**m, have a pic posted, and if you want to comment on it, click the pic, then all comments will pop up, click again, comments are hidden again.

Not sure if something like that is possible here, but maybe you can play around with the idea and cum up w/ something everyone may enjoy.

I have another minor suggestion for an improvement. On the home page you get a list of recent posts which is great, I use it a lot, but it's sometimes impossible to tell which sub-forum the post if from. An example from just now is the following:

General Chat for this Apartment May 01/16 to ?

Is that a Pulp fiction OST vinyl record?

Would it be possible to add the forum underneath or after the blue text? In this case "Vika, Elisa & Rita".

• 3 months later...

Would it be possible to increase the number of posts on the main page? The one that shows the three most recent posts. It used to be a longer list which made it useful to get an idea what is being discussed at the moment. Just three posts is kind of pointless as it's way to little to go on.

Archived