Suggestion Board

Woof

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

If owner of this site read this message of mine ......... please block all cams for free viewing ..... because u don't like entertain to fans of your site..... u block ISABEL's living room cam........ then what is in balance on this site........... byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i have a question for you all,

Would you guys appreciate a language thread sections, with 1 thread per language? then for people who dont speak english, and i see quite alot of them :P then everyone can have a thread where they can speak easily, tell me what you guys think,

Woof

Would you guys appreciate a language thread sections, with 1 thread per language? then for people who dont speak english, and i see quite alot of them :P then everyone can have a thread where they can speak easily, tell me what you guys think,

Woof

. Great idea as long as it translates so it is understandable

That may be difficult to get compliance on. There are some folks that do the translation or have a page translator in their browser, then they reply in their native language, which to me throws off the whole thread.

I'd love to know what they say, but the software available to us is really shit when it comes to accurate translations. Some of it isn't even close to the real meaning of the poster.

But I would say to give it a whirl. What have you got to lose but a little time? I tried doing page translation, but it really doesn't do much good if you are translating to English. From English, it may be different. Again, I can't fully comprehend the translation so I don't know what the other party is reading.

Guest NullBurner

It would be already helpful, when they would keep an english topic in english imo.

If they wanna talk in there mother tongue, they can just make there own thread for that.

You have made some good rules Woof, but I think most of the people has never read it.

Guest Squirrel

Woof

I think the problem cannot be solved unless everyone on Earth is forced to learn Esperanto, and that ain't gonna happen. You could sell more advertising and run several different CamCaps sites, but 1) you'll end up with huge expense liabilities, 2) you'll die sooner from working yourself to death and 3) people would only be sharing RLC stuff with their own specific language site.

The current system we have is to rely on google/bing translators and those few members who are multi-lingual. We simply have to accept bad grammar constructions, incorrect spelling, incomprehensible posts, and slang expressions that cannot be translated. This requires a reader to be tolerant when reading others posts and to use intelligence in order to grasp the true meaning of the post. Unfortunately, intelligence among CC users is of questionable quality.

However, I honestly don't think there is a way for you to solve this problem to everyone's satisfaction. Humanity has been dealing with this for millions of years of human evolution and has always failed to solve the problems. (Hell, I'm ALWAYS getting tripped up by your British English spell checker, and I doubt Nora could even understand half the slang concepts coming from the American posts---and she's studying intermediate Oxford English.)

The current method is buggy, but somehow it generally works. The only way to improve it would be to mandate that each registered member display a tag that explains their native language or nation. That way I can tell if the other person is sincerely attempting to get a point across or is just too fucking drunk to make sense...

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived