B4 - General Topic 2023 #35 (June / July)

8 minutes ago, Boing said:

The way Xarvaz offends people is unacceptable! He says it's not offensive, maybe it's part of his culture: meanwhile I ignore it! It really annoys me!

Go cry a river somewhere else. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Xarvaz said:

his way of chasing girls is very funny to see but he has not had much success with it yet 🙃

I wonder how the hell he got harley 😂

but either way milena is trying to get that bonus it's still early but if he keeps this up lacrim maybe an unsung hero if he doesn't fall for milena games 🤔 😂

Edited by Kingbanks

7 minutes ago, Boing said:

The way Xarvaz offends people is unacceptable! He says it's not offensive, maybe it's part of his culture: meanwhile I ignore it! It really annoys me!

everyone is free to put me on an ignore list and if I do something wrong I will receive an email from management but for now I have deleted the message so there is no point in going on about this 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Xarvaz said:

everyone is free to put me on an ignore list and if I do something wrong I will receive an email from management but for now I have deleted the message so there is no point in going on about this 

Don't cave to the sensitive ones on here. If they get offended they shouldn't be on a site like this.

• Upvote 3

Whether "monkey" is racist or not, depends on the local language & culture, even dialect, of the person using the word, and most importantly the ethnicity of the person the word is used against. Also on the current mentality. In a politically diverse & international  environment like this one, things can easily get lost in translation.

When I was a kid (in non-English speaking Western Europe, in an almost mono-ethnically white environment, so not a big city), it was a term to denounce stupid (male) behavior of someone of any race (in practice: mostly white). Just like "ass", or "donkey", they were used as synonyms, often in the same sentence.

"Monkey" is still used that way in my environment, but less so. Could be a sign of the times (more awareness), or simply due to the fact I don't live in a small town anymore but in a bigger city that is more ethnically diverse. Probably a combination of both. I still use it 'in my mind', (or when the person I use the word for is just as white as me), but would look for another word if the person I refer to has foreign roots, to avoid misunderstandings (ass, or donkey come to mind, but these are translations from my native tongue: English may have better alternatives).

In anger of course, one might use a word they've known since their childhood without overthinking it first... And to complicate matters there are also the actual racists who gleefully use it on the one hand (possibly while denying they're racist), and some anti-racism activists on the other hand, who might 'nail you to the cross' just for inadvertedly using the word you've known since childhood in a non-racist context... It's a difficult world we live in...

Edit: I may get flak from both sides of the argument now. Actually, I'd be worried if it only came from one side... Ideally, there'd be none though, and all would sing kumbaya. Fat chance, lol.  😉 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, corvette08 said:

Non cedere a quelli sensibili qui. Se si offendono non dovrebbero essere su un sito come questo.

Yes, certainly! You are right... in fact this is a chat whose main purpose is to offend people: both rlc participants and people who think differently. 🤔

15 minutes ago, Boing said:

Yes, certainly! You are right... in fact this is a chat whose main purpose is to offend people: both rlc participants and people who think differently. 🤔

This is not a chat with a main purpose is to offend people. But for some strange reason people like you get offended by someone calling 2 guys monkeys. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, corvette08 said:

This is not a chat with a main purpose is to offend people. But for some strange reason people like you get offended by someone calling 2 guys monkeys. 

No one can be in doubt, that you are a monkey by what you state.

And you can't be offended, cause this is way above your level.

17 minutes ago, corvette08 said:

Questa non è una chat con lo scopo principale di offendere le persone. Ma per qualche strana ragione le persone come te si offendono se qualcuno chiama 2 ragazzi scimmie. 

Well! I see that Xarvaz is much more reasonable than you in the end. He replied to me politely and deleted the word "monkeys" in his post so as not to fuel controversy. For this reason I stopped ignoring him.
But you continue to support a lost cause: congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1