B4 - General Topic 2023 #38 (July)

11 hours ago, kris66 said:

Ahh the typical French arrogance when it comes to language.

I'm not impressed by the English World at all, but it is the universal language

after 500 years as an empire, so it's useful here to communicate globally.

The French are not arrogant, and it's true it's easy to translate.

You also see a lot of Spanish and Italian language here.

Unfortunately Google translations still are of poor quality though.

Point is, it's not black and white.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, johnny0692 said:

Oks bating

and it's so "matter of fact" in a clinical way

I get a hoot of the many and various ways women go about it. Oks is very utilitarian about it. not bad/good just her way.

fake, real, getting one out of the way cam girl style, it doesn't matter

I will always go with why fake it if you don't have to

2 hours ago, northguy said:

I'm not impressed by the English World at all, but it is the universal language

after 500 years as an empire, so it's useful here to communicate globally.

The French are not arrogant, and it's true it's easy to translate.

You also see a lot of Spanish and Italian language here.

Unfortunately Google translations still are of poor quality though.

Point is, it's not black and white.

The french are not arrogant? I happen to have been to France many many times and believe me they are arrogant when it comes to their food and language (many do speak English but refuse to do it) . And if someone know how to write in English but refuse because he's French. Then he's surley arrogant. And yes it's easy IF you chose to have automatic translation on which i haven't as it's damn annoying and does a lousy job with the translation too.  Fact is if you can write English then do it in a international english speaking forum. End of story!

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

It seems LiaLia has been given Azura's old room, either as a temporary or long-term assignment.

This likely reflects RLC continuing difficulty in recruiting new or former participants, at least during this time of year when the level of tourism is high.  Tourism is exceeding 2019 levels.

And its those damn Americans again.

After three years of pandemic limitations, tourism is expected to exceed 2019 records in some of Europe’s most popular destinations this summer, from Barcelona and Rome, Athens and Venice to the scenic islands of Santorini in Greece, Capri in Italy and Mallorca in Spain.

While European tourists edged the industry toward recovery last year, the upswing this summer is led largely by Americans, boosted by a strong dollar and in some cases pandemic savings. Many arrive motivated by “revenge tourism” — so eager to explore again that they’re undaunted by higher airfares and hotel costs.

APNEWS.COM

Crowds are packing the Colosseum, the Louvre, the Acropolis and other major attractions as tourism exceeds 2019 records in some of Europe’s...