B4 - General Topic 2023 #38 (July)

6 hours ago, kris66 said:

The french are not arrogant? I happen to have been to France many many times and believe me they are arrogant when it comes to their food and language (many do speak English but refuse to do it) . And if someone know how to write in English but refuse because he's French. Then he's surley arrogant. And yes it's easy IF you chose to have automatic translation on which i haven't as it's damn annoying and does a lousy job with the translation too.  Fact is if you can write English then do it in a international english speaking forum. End of story!

Funny that you don't say the same thing to those who write in spanish, german, italian or russian !!  I'm a proud French-Canadian, I make effort to write in english but IF I need or feel or want to write in french, don't sorry, I WILL !  There are a lot of translation sites from French to English , like the ones we use to translate from English to French !  Like you said, END OF PERIOD !  Proud to be part of the French Langage Community !! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, menouscope2015 said:

Funny that you don't say the same thing to those who write in spanish, german, italian or russian !!  I'm a proud French-Canadian, I make effort to write in english but IF I need or feel or want to write in french, don't sorry, I WILL !  There are a lot of translation sites from French to English , like the ones we use to translate from English to French !  Like you said, END OF PERIOD !  Proud to be part of the French Langage Community !! 

And to add your comment about the french people who don't make an effort to talk in English, well if you are in their country ( France) , you have to make the effort to talk their language 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, menouscope2015 said:

And to add your comment about the french people who don't make an effort to talk in English, well if you are in their country ( France) , you have to make the effort to talk their language 

France is by the way the country with most tourists in the World. 😀

2 hours ago, menouscope2015 said:

Well I have indeed said the same to others before here in the forums. But 1st of all they did not spam page after page. And 2nd they did not say they knew how to write in English as the French member in question did 😉 Well if you are an French Canadian who know how to writ in English then you surely got no problem and got no excuse for not writing in English so the rest of us (non native english speaking) don't have to translate every damn sentence you write. End of story 😉

2 hours ago, menouscope2015 said:

Now this is not about being in France but about being in an international forum that is in ENGLISH! And I would indeed do an effort to speak French in France IF I had to live there. But as an tourist forget it (except for the little french i know)!  Do you have more assumptions about me? (I do speak 5 languages incl. a little french)

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, kris66 said:

Nun geht es hier nicht darum, in Frankreich zu sein, sondern darum, in einem internationalen Forum auf ENGLISCH zu sein! Und ich würde mir tatsächlich Mühe geben, in Frankreich Französisch zu sprechen, WENN ich dort leben müsste. Aber als Tourist vergiss es (bis auf das kleine Französisch, das ich kenne)! Haben Sie weitere Annahmen über mich? (Ich spreche 5 Sprachen, darunter ein wenig Französisch)

Quid magnum scholar?

1 hour ago, menouscope2015 said:

@northguy... We are all sorry to bother @kris66 with our comments !  Maybe we should stop comment, what do you think ?  He obviously doesn't like French people ... who writes in French ... 

Oui.

Liberté, égalité et fraternité est ma devise.

Who cares, how about back on subject

Qui s'en soucie, que diriez-vous de revenir sur le sujet

A quién le importa, ¿qué tal si volvemos al tema?

주제에 대해 어떻게 생각하는지 누가 신경 쓰나요?

vem bryr sig om tillbaka till ämnet

kto zabotitsya o tom, kak vernut'sya k teme

• Upvote 1

Oks left with a bag for yet another vacation just 2 days after getting back from the previous one. Pretty horrible start. A couple mediocre bates doesn't make up for the total lack of presence/engagement in the apartment.

But of course she's just following the Tani blueprint; she's already gone again after being back for little more than a day.

• Upvote 1