Martina & Alberto - 2023 #10

Noldus

17 hours ago, JenniferMom said:

You are falling into the same trap that others fall into.  In your world, true soul mates are monogamous.  In my world, you can have a true soul mate and be polyamorous, i.e. swingers.  I think it is rare, and not easy to manage if you don't communicate well, and you need to have a lot of trust, etc., etc. ... but they do exist and often they are very successful.  Again, with 8 billion people on the planet, I am assuming they exist, even though I don't claim to know any swingers that are soul mates.  But too, this is taboo, and maybe some of the most tight couples I know, they swing on the side.  Sadly they have not invited me to join them.  So who knows.

The problem that@Deepdave and others have is that they tried to convince us that Alberto and Martina had a uniquely open relationship and they were soul mates.  But the problem they had is that the the open relationship for whatever reason was not balanced and shared equally between Martina and Alberto.  In this case, it was destined to fail.  OR, you assume like me, they started out as FWB fuck buddies which I believe is the most likely way to describe them.  I mean, they fucked about a week ago so they can't be too pissed off at each other even though they are splitting up.

Your point is valid but I just don't think we have a lot of evidence to support it.  You think Alberto would not agree to a threesome because he loved Martina so much.   Honestly, that sounds like a guy talking.  I don't understand a man who would turn down a threesome and further if he KNEW it would help him to get the girl he loved ... why would he turn it down?  I see no downside for Alberto getting into a threesome with Martina.  Even if he thought "I love her and I want her but not this way, not with a threesome" ... he probably had a good idea that Martina was never going to accept him as a soul mate / life partner ... so WTF, why not have some hot threesome sex?  Like I said, no downside.

Nice post. A lot of good points made.

Yes, I believe "soul mates" are mainly monogamous. It's kind of built in to the definition of soul mates. To me, soul mates become part of each other. They are truly interested and committed, the conversation is easy but they are comfortable with the long silences, they hate long periods apart, and they love each other deeply without condition every day. Most never think about it but, I believe one of the main reasons they are together is to kind of bear witness to each other's daily life, whether it be exciting or mundane, sad or happy. Their presence is all that's important to them.  That, perhaps, is how M&A started out.

The term "polygamous soul mates" is almost an oxymoron. Almost like saying "honest politician".......lol   Very rare, like you said, but I guess they're out there. 

Just a conjecture on my part but I believe M&A came together as a normal (monogamous) couple. They have been together a long time (some say more than 10 years) so they were both quite young at the start. Hardly a time to decide that they will be FWB or have an "open" relationship. Martina probably was not aware of her lesbian side at the time so there was no reason to have an "open" relationship then because of that. No, I still believe the troubles began when Martina discovered her sexual passion with women, whether it was with Nelly or someone else before her, and it mentally paralyzed Alberto. But the seeds were sown and the rest is (assumed) history.

I think this is what appears to be so troublesome to Martina now, as we have discussed. She enjoys sex with women but does that make her a true lesbian? She still has emotional feelings for Alberto that she (probably) does not have with her female sexual partners, so is she thinking that she is bi-sexual? Or is it just a phase in her young life.....sexual experimentation.....and will she go back to needing a man later on. Maybe she fears she will completely lose Alberto, the one person she truly cares for (her soul mate!), and have to spend her evenings alone and missing him terribly. Her mind must be a war right now about this and all the other things going on in her life.

As far as a threesome with Alberto, I can see what you are saying, but would he actually believe it would be to his benefit to see his girl being sexually pleased by another woman.....maybe more-so than him? It's all academic now but I think it would have been a disaster, both emotionally and mentally, for him at the time. But, as you said, it may just be my male point of view coming out. Actually, hypothetically speaking, I think a threesome with another male would have been less traumatizing to Alberto, if there had to be one. Even if Martina had feelings for the other male, in the scenario, at least Alberto would feel he had a fighting chance with her.

Again, all supposition and conjecture, but interesting to speculate while our favorite couple is still here to speculate about.

10 hours ago, 1962Starfire said:

The term "polygamous soul mates" is almost an oxymoron. Almost like saying "honest politician".......lol   Very rare, like you said, but I guess they're out there. 

Likewise a lot of good points in your post.

Perhaps the term “soul mates” is getting in the way.

I would ask you … do you believe there are swingers and “swinger groups”?   I believe they exist although I have never partaken in that.  My question is how does a married couple become swingers?  They are committed to each other and may have fabulous marriages but they enjoy meeting other people and couples for the purposes of sex.

7 hours ago, zone51 said:

Martina stay with Alberto just for the easy money of RLC

this situation is a nonsense

An observation.   Martina has plans to continue schooling, work, and move to another apartment. ( roommates?) We have seen Martina change her sleeping schedule, up early in the morning and out the door, and study at her desk. We have also seen Martina moving items to another location. I think Martina's plans are happening. Alberto on the other hand, is not progressing in his plans to move to his recently purchased house. I don't know what the delay is ..... but it has been many weeks.  Alberto is the one STILL in need of a place to stay. I think Martina, realizing Alberto's difficulties,  has been very supportive of Alberto, by sticking around the apartment and providing him a place to stay. 

My thinking..... If Martina wanted to continue with RLC, RLC would have no problem with that.  If Alberto wanted to continue with RLC, that would be a tougher situation. Nothing that Alberto does is interesting to watch.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4