B4 - General Topic 2024 #12 (January)

37 minutes ago, desinc said:

I know there must be some of you out there wondering what in the hell have I just witnessed with regard to Seda... I have a brother who suffers from mental illness and I am his only living relative and part time caregiver (at this point). I know this doesn't qualify me as a mental health professional, even though I have witnessed his struggles for 20+ years first hand. I have watched Seda from the beginning with peculiar interest. Much like watching a long drawn out train wreck, you don't want to watch but you just kind of have to. I recognize many similarities in their symptoms and behavior and my brother suffers from being a paranoid schizophrenic. I'm lucky he is really good about taking his meds but even then he is prone to having several manic episodes per year. I would bet my house she suffers, at least, from the same affliction... The only real question is if it's a drug induced psychosis or not.

I think the same about the symptoms.

I've had a friend, whom I visited daily.

He got paranoid schizophrenic, but refused medicine.

My then girlfriend was a nurse, and another girlfriend

actually worked at a mental hospital, so they knew.

My friend drank every day to kill the pain and died young.

It could have gone differently with medicine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Lasse said:

Probably what triggered it to be acute !!

Marijuana is known to be very dangerous if overdosed,

and leads to schizophrenia. But it could also be triggered

by genes, typically breaks out between 20 and 30.

5 minutes ago, northguy said:

I think the same about the symptoms.

I've had a friend, whom I visited daily.

He got paranoid schizophrenic, but refused medicine.

My then girlfriend was a nurse, and another girlfriend

actually worked at a mental hospital, so they knew.

My friend drank every day to kill the pain and died young.

It could have gone differently with medicine.

It's really crass to experience something like that in your circle of friends and if he doesn't want to take the medication and prefers to numb his inner demons with alcohol, it's really scary and losing his life so early can be really hard to cope with

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rattlesnake316 said:

It's really crass to experience something like that in your circle of friends and if he doesn't want to take the medication and prefers to numb his inner demons with alcohol, it's really scary and losing his life so early can be really hard to cope with

Yes, they live a very poor life, my friend was 28 when got sick.

It was terrible to watch and not be able to help.

It's about 1% that gets schizophrenia by genes,

actually quite a lot.

ok only the bad thing is that some people don't want to be helped (because they are perhaps afraid that the medication won't help him or it is already so bad that they simply have no more strength to fight and have given up in their minds). But that's just a thought of mine because I don't know anyone privately who has this shitty physical illness and can therefore only guess how they feel

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lasse said:

As it mainly IS a garage there may be a dry floor drain that smells shit! Apart from other smelly stuff around.

Maybe they mixed the water with the gasoline from Massimo's motorcycle or Vespa  😃

10 minutes ago, Borbora said:

Maybe they mixed the water with the gasoline from Massimo's motorcycle or Vespa  😃

I guess the water is for a water pipe.

Sometimes marijuana, sometimes just tobacco.

You can see that Russian tradition with several

people smoking from the same pipe at parties on RLC.