B2 - General Topic 2024 #10 (June / July)

On 7/18/2024 at 2:37 AM, Noldus said:

There have been some cases of major replacements in the past.
But who will come to take over the beds, I don't know now. The former girls are starting to become "adults" and several have established themselves and had children. I also think several of them are not satisfied with today's salaries.
So we'll see what happens

It is becoming increasingly clear that there is no replacement plan.  Three weeks and the best bedroom in B-2, and one of the best bedrooms in Barcelona (given the en-suite full bath) sits empty.  And it was not as if she left abruptly.  She said in May she was leaving in June.

A replacement plan depends on replacements waiting  to come on-stage at RLC.

The best bedroom in B-1 was occupied for nearly two months by two girls (one official, one not) who now seem to have been on an extended vacation from whatever employment they had elsewhere.

And if the base salaries are not that competitive in current-day Barcelona, then most tenants, past or present, would either need other employment in Barcelona to supplement their RLC base salary, or constantly do shows for the clicks and the bonus money.

There was no replacement in the wings for Massi.  Madison gets his bed, but Madison will do nothing until her boyfriend makes another visit, and that could be months from now.  Hawk at this point is simply occupying a bed.   It is Marilyn or nothing when it comes to B-7.  (I'm not overlooking B&N, but they do not seem to have much of a subscriber following.)

If Jade does not return, then Alberto becomes sole occupant on of what was once one of RLC's best apartments.  Congratulations to Alberto for being a survivor.

Russians fleeing Putin and Ukrainian emigres desperate for a job are the tenants who are exceptions to what I wrote above.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, moules said:

It is becoming increasingly clear that there is no replacement plan.  Three weeks and the best bedroom in B-2, and one of the best bedrooms in Barcelona (given the en-suite full bath) sits empty.  And it was not as if she left abruptly.  She said in May she was leaving in June.

A replacement plan depends on replacements waiting  to come on-stage at RLC.

The best bedroom in B-1 was occupied for nearly two months by two girls (one official, one not) who now seem to have been on an extended vacation from whatever employment they had elsewhere.

And if the base salaries are not that competitive in current-day Barcelona, then most tenants, past or present, would either need other employment in Barcelona to supplement their RLC base salary, or constantly do shows for the clicks and the bonus money.

There was no replacement in the wings for Massi.  Madison gets his bed, but Madison will do nothing until her boyfriend makes another visit, and that could be months from now.  Hawk at this point is simply occupying a bed.   It is Marilyn or nothing when it comes to B-7.  (I'm not overlooking B&N, but they do not seem to have much of a subscriber following.)

If Jade does not return, then Alberto becomes sole occupant on of what was once one of RLC's best apartments.  Congratulations to Alberto for being a survivor.

Russians fleeing Putin and Ukrainian emigres desperate for a job are the tenants who are exceptions to what I wrote above.

Agree with all you say except for "was once one of RLC's best apartments"

3 hours ago, Pete1960 said:

Ich stimme mit allem überein, was Sie sagen, außer mit war einmal eines der besten Apartments von RLC“

He certainly means in Martina's time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rainman13 said:

He certainly means in Martina's time.

Yes, in Martina's time.  And also the time before she had one foot out the door.

My comment below is getting more than a bit technical, but I sometimes use total fertility rate as a proxy for where there is very likely to be labor shortages.  A total fertility rate of 2.1 means that a population is replacing itself   (2.1 is the number of live births a woman has during her reproductive years.)  Less than 2.1, and the country;s population is shrinking, and also aging.  Declines in total fertility rates do not happen overnight, but typically occur over decades.

CIA estimates of total fertility rates in 2024 for 227 countries can be found here:

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/field/total-fertility-rate/country-comparison/

Below are some of the 25 nation states and territories with the lowest rates, those with total fertility rates below 1.5,

#207 Portugal 1.45

#208 Belarus 1.45

#211 Greece 1,41

#217 Poland 1.32

#218 Spain 1.3

#219 Italy 1.26

#221 Moldova 1.26

#224 Ukraine 1.22

#227 Taiwan 1.11

Spain's decline began in the 1980s, and by the mid 1990s  the rate had fallen to 1.2 and below.  For a country experiencing such a decline, the only remedy, from a labor force and pension standpoint is either net in-migration, and/or increasing the retirement age.. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Noldus said:

He started carrying out her things

She has almost as much as Radislava had..
But it adds up when you live somewhere for over a year..
The first moving load has been taken, there is still a lot left