B4 - General Topic 2024 #59 (September)

Just now, Troy said:

I'm always impressed with Europeans. How they can speak so many different languages. I know why, because they have a lot of countries that are so close to each others. You can walk right over the border. And you're in another country that absolutely speaks a different Language. And because your neighbors are so close. You get adapted to hearing that different languages. And you learn those languages. ✌️

I know a little German, French, Italian, and Spanish that I've picked up over time or taken a class or two for.  Would love to be fluent in Italian, but don't really have the time.  My father owned a company and when I was younger I worked for him.  He had a lot of international clients, so I ended up learning greetings in 10 different languages, but that's the limit of my global linguistics.  I've wished for a long time that the "hyper-accelerated learning" from the Matrix would become real.  Languages would be toward the top of my list.

6 minutes ago, Moosecini said:

I know a little German, French, Italian, and Spanish that I've picked up over time or taken a class or two for.  Would love to be fluent in Italian, but don't really have the time.  My father owned a company and when I was younger I worked for him.  He had a lot of international clients, so I ended up learning greetings in 10 different languages, but that's the limit of my global linguistics.  I've wished for a long time that the "hyper-accelerated learning" from the Matrix would become real.  Languages would be toward the top of lists

Exactly what i'm talking about....I live in new york. It's has every nationality you can think of here. If you're going to different Boroughs. You're hear every different language on the planet...oh Let me get out of here.I got a 1:30 appointment to get my vaccinations. ✌️

Well, another strategically placed light in a OBVIOUSLY blatant attempt to blind camera 1.6.  I swear they should be getting in trouble for doing that!  Question is... what are they planning to do?  Some little party, I guess.

5 minutes ago, Moosecini said:

Bene, un'altra luce piazzata strategicamente in un tentativo OVVIAMENTE sfacciato di accecare la telecamera 1.6. Giuro che dovrebbero avere dei guai per averlo fatto! La domanda è... cosa hanno in programma di fare? Una festicciola, immagino.

Tra’ qualche giorno e’ il compleanno di Medusa

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Moosecini said:

Well, another strategically placed light in a OBVIOUSLY blatant attempt to blind camera 1.6.  I swear they should be getting in trouble for doing that!  Question is... what are they planning to do?

there is a party coming that has been clear for a few days and now party decorations, the light is a nasty thing they are all guilty of it not only Karma

Given the hour, the party is tomorrow.

They are doing the decorations in advance.

These girls will take three hours to dress, do their hair, do their make-up, etc.

Prayers may be needed if the party becomes too loud and the police arrive at the door.    I looked and did not see B&N in B-7.  Now that Nelly is much more sober than drunk, B&N could help keep the noise level down.

4 hours ago, itohkata said:

The british's one is even weirder now. Like the canadian's one I believe. Mixing everything both metric and imperial, depending on who they talk to or even what they talk about sometimes. At least the US is consistent.

We have to put up with the Europeans, British and the US (not to mention the US gallon) so we know it all...and no, the US is not consistent...the US also uses the metric system in the military and automotive engineering...etc.