Am I alone in thinking this is worst on RLC?

Guest Later

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way I think this apartment is not real at all. These people appear to have absolutely nothing to do but lay around the couch...whose real life is like that?

I think that's the 'catch-22' for all RLC apartments. If the people who live there have a real life, it means they wake up, have a quick non-sexual shower, grab a cup of coffee and are out the door for the day. Return home tired in the evening, have some supper, do some washing, wash the dishes, discuss money problems, watch TV for an hour or two, and go to bed. Occasionally might have sex.

Viewers would complain this is boring, we never see the occupants of the apartment. So instead the residents sit around at home all day 'on display' with little purpose or interest in life outside of TV and social media, and then we complain that it isn't real and they are boring. And I'm pretty sure they are often bored too, and this lack of purpose can lead to other problems like depression.

The person I actually understand the least is Little Blue. The only answer I have for the question “Why is she here?” would be: “Because everybody has to be somewhere”. I can’t help wondering what her back story is and why she seems OK with not having much going on in her life.

To take that a step further, the apartments that are usually seen as having residents who are 'more balanced' are the one's where there is an outside interest/part-time job for example Stepan & Maya, Adriana & Daniel.

:twocents:  :soapbox:

I think that's the 'catch-22' for all RLC apartments. If the people who live there have a real life, it means they wake up, have a quick non-sexual shower, grab a cup of coffee and are out the door for the day. Return home tired in the evening, have some supper, do some washing, wash the dishes, discuss money problems, watch TV for an hour or two, and go to bed. Occasionally might have sex.

Viewers would complain this is boring, we never see the occupants of the apartment. So instead the residents sit around at home all day 'on display' with little purpose or interest in life outside of TV and social media, and then we complain that it isn't real and they are boring. And I'm pretty sure they are often bored too, and this lack of purpose can lead to other problems like depression.

The person I actually understand the least is Little Blue. The only answer I have for the question “Why is she here?” would be: “Because everybody has to be somewhere”. I can’t help wondering what her back story is and why she seems OK with not having much going on in her life.

To take that a step further, the apartments that are usually seen as having residents who are 'more balanced' are the one's where there is an outside interest/part-time job for example Stepan & Maya, Adriana & Daniel.

:twocents:  :soapbox:

I agree with your "catch22" and we don't really want "real-life" in that the residents are gone 10 hours a day at work but as you mentioned, there should be a balance, but these people in particular do more of "nothing" than most on RLC...we'll maybe with the exception of Lev.