Double Standards

Maturin

So my posts telling Woodworker where he is going wrong and why I don't take him seriously are removed as flaming and I'm locked out of the thread yet his untruths about me and equally inflammatory posts stay. Non of it was bitching in the slightest, and it was hardly unprovoked - the people that were interested in that thread and read the comments before they were deleted (whether they were on the same side of the political fence as me or not) would surely attest to that.

Don't get me wrong, I know there's no point fighting it, as just lip service is paid to the notion of frank and equal discussion here but if you want to censor one side of the argument and not the other then you should explain your reasons more fully - if that's possible.

Disappointed but not surprised. Pretty poor behaviour indeed.

p.s.

The thread was open on my phone and unrefreshed from yesterday, so I can post it here verbatim if you would like to highlight which part of it was flaming or unprovoked.  I think that would help most people understand why you chose to delete my posts because at the moment it just looks like preferential censorship.

I didn't get to read your posts as they were deleted before I logged back on, but I was surprised to see them deleted and the thread locked.

Thanks Ozi.  I won't post them unless Squirrel chooses to explain why he did so and requires the proof but I know I'm skirting around getting banned just questioning it, so...

John P's response to me:

Is that the best you can do,strange  your sig is on about stupid people.If i was you, i would take a good look in the mirror then you might see who really is stupid.

As everything you have said, in this thread is pure bs.And goes to show how much of a dumb stupid fuck you are and  a racist one at that.

The grammar and poor punctuation looks awfully familiar, but whoever he is, he's still around, not that his rant worries me. Somebody coming up with an argument that makes me question my judgement, that would worry me. Hasn't happened yet but I keep looking just in case.

John P's response to me:

Is that the best you can do,strange  your sig is on about stupid people.If i was you, i would take a good look in the mirror then you might see who really is stupid.

As everything you have said, in this thread is pure bs.And goes to show how much of a dumb stupid fuck you are and  a racist one at that.

The grammar and poor punctuation looks awfully familiar, but whoever he is, he's still around, not that his rant worries me. Somebody coming up with an argument that makes me question my judgement, that would worry me. Hasn't happened yet but I keep looking just in case.

Well, that was the subject of the one post that obviously he personally didn't like. About how people on the right  are generally just full of clichés, prefer violence as the best solution and that trying to discuss things with them, as in the case of Woodworker, was pretty much the same as having a one way conversation with a TV tuned to Fox News.  It then descended into the usual school yard crap and I again told him I couldn't be bothered with it.

Whilst I would consider it, unfortunately, unlikely to change your point of view, I started developing the argument that in fact most people's points of view are actually changing, that we're not all like Woodworker and are starting to think for ourselves and search for a better way than market driven neo-con ideological driven war and bloodshed that has made the 5% rich and brought misery to the rest.

No doubt you would have ripped it apart but then I had the facts ready to back it up too.

Perhaps the truth scared him so he took it off.  As mentioned, the original posts can be reposted if he chooses to defend what can only be seen as one-sided moderating.

Would it make you guys happy if the entire, however many pages the thread is, be deleted altogether? I only locked it because no matter what side you're on, neither will sway the other into believing whatever it is that the truth is. The media on BOTH sides is only writing what they believe will bring them approval and ratings.

Unless you are there, on the ground and experiencing what is happening, what you read is pure conjecture.

What you are saying about the able bodied people to stay and fight is what we here in Florida have been telling the Cubans, Bahamians, Haitians, Dominicans, etc... to fight for their land and their rights. And when you hear the same answer from them all, which is...'How? We have no weapons.'

This is when they are faced with the fact that THEY gave them up to their governments and the Governments have unlimited supplies because the people with the money and the power of evil will always supply it to them. Every country you people are mentioning have NO ability. None, whatsoever to fight back because of the political stance they chose to take. They ALL gave up their rights to defend their families and properties to their perspective governments.

And THAT my friends is the real truth. So, you American Liberals that want to give up your rights and freedoms, look around and pay close attention, because if it happens here, you're going to be looking for the fastest way to get out and we won't exclude suicide. 80% of the American people couldn't survive 48 hours without outside help.

I learned from both a mother and father that both lived through WWII. Mom making bombs in England where they counted the pea on the plates to be sure that your brother or your sister didn't have one more than you. Her parents saying to the kids to go to bed, that way you won't be hungry. And Dad landing on Omaha Beach in the midst of the fighting and using dead buddies as body shields. He made it to come home and serve 20 more years as a U.S. Marine, training the guys that went to Korea and Viet Nam.

You pussies wouldn't last a minute out there where real men fought and died.

So what's with squirrel saying he locked it and deleted my posts because I was flaming, yet didn't adminster the same treatment to his buddy? I wasn't flaming and anything I did write addressing Woody has been after weeks worth of ignored provocation from his side - all of which can be proved.

Anyway, it's not like I'm that bothered now. If squirrel feels he needs to censor me for speaking my opinion, (something that the guys on his side of the fence do with impunity) then it's plain to everyone here who's in the wrong and whatever respect he's tried to curry for himself as mod has become hollow.

I'll leave it there. Ozi, looks like I'm not allowed to disagree with you any more. That should piss you off as much as it did me.

Back to the tits and ass and the speculation over girls that are young enough to be my daughters.

I said it before and I'll say it again.  You are a lying hypocrite in so much of what you post.

You attacked Karen recently yet again with your wild accusations about her not being a real woman, and then proceeded to call her every name under the sun, and all the while she's not even around to defend herself.

Where's your proof over these absurd accusations?    Hypocrite!

To me, you are not an honest or honorable person.  But probably the worst thing I can say about you is that you are such a bore.  A nobody, that wants so much to be a somebody.

A truly desperate and pathetic person in my eyes.     

Ok Woodworker. Show me where I have lied, show me where I have been hypocritical? Karenkraft i Can no longer prove because, again,  Squirrel deleted those posts so I can't put those back up

Liar and a hypocrite, you're so juvenile you think saying those words make them true. So come on then, prove me to be a Liar or a hypocrite? If not, fuck off you thick fucking yocal.

How many times do I have to say it? You are trolling me with your fucking stupidity. I am not interested in bringing myself down to your level in order to reply to you. Ignore me and I will ignore you. A fascist zombie that just keeps coming.

Do you want to address how you lied by saying I tried to tell the mods to get you banned? Basically everything you call me is actually yourself. You have just proved that you are a Liar and a hypocrite, and need the mods watching over you which is why you benefit from their preferential application of the rules.

Fuck off mate, I'm not interested in replying to you or egging you on anymore, when it's obvious that you can call me what you want and make up shit about me yet I'm the one who gets my posts removed. Pathetic.

You are what you are, a detestable, intolerant, hypocrite.  And an arrogant, self-righteous liar.

Stop involving me or using my name in your usual dribble, such as you have in the post where you say, "We're not all like Woodworker," and you won't have a problem with me.  Got it punk?

You once lied and said that you just ignore my post, which were post incidentally that had nothing whatsoever to do with you.  But somehow in your intolerance you decided that I wasn't entitled to free speech because I was a conservative, and so you began to attack me.  Well punk, I don't fold so easily, so if you want to just keep including me in your rants, I will continue to throw it all right back in your face.

It's just that simple really, even for a simpleton like you. 

You are what you are, a detestable, intolerant, hypocrite.  And an arrogant, self-righteous liar.

Stop involving me or using my name in your usual dribble, such as you have in the post where you say, "We're not all like Woodworker," and you won't have a problem with me.  Got it punk?

You once lied and said that you just ignore my post, which were post incidentally that had nothing whatsoever to do with you.  But somehow in your intolerance you decided that I wasn't entitled to free speech because I was a conservative, and so you began to attack me.  Well punk, I don't fold so easily, so if you want to just keep including me in your rants, I will continue to throw it all right back in your face.

It's just that simple really, even for a simpleton like you. 

You are obviously entitled to say what you like, with no fear of proper moderation, even when you abuse people.  This has never been about free speech, this is about you constantly winding me up with lies because you know that in order to set the record straight, that's the only time I'll reply to you.  I've got no fucking interest in stooping to your level and name calling but if I do then I'll call a spade a (particularly thick, pointless and zombie-esque) spade.

You're a 'kin bad joke mate, thank the flying spaghetti monster that the majority of people aren't like you.