How true these words are...

TBG 150

Not to the same extent concerning this.  But yes, I will concede that there are some white trash out there as well.   

I think it's based upon a lack of intelligence and a lack of moral upbringing.  And please don't launch into your tired protestations against religion.  One doesn't have to be religious to know the difference between right and wrong.   

Guest TxFeller

I agree, woodworker. One doesn't. And I wouldn't protest against religion regarding the virtues they're supposed to be instilling in their kids. It's all the other stuff that they teach, stuff that goes against the supposed reason for their existence, that rubs me wrong.

• Upvote 1

Guest TxFeller

TBG, I was going to say I don't believe I created the universe, but... there IS a school of thought that says each of us is God and we create our own reality, so... *meh* could be wrong. :idk:

• Upvote 1

While I don't subscribe to any orthodox religion, and have only gone to a church maybe five or six times in my life, which not counting my baptism would have been mostly for weddings and funerals.  However I do want to state for the record that I do believe in God, and in His Blessed Son Jesus.    I have my reasons. 

I mention this now, only because I wouldn't want Him to think that I was somehow ashamed to state this openly, even though when it comes to my beliefs I am for the most part very private and quiet about it all.   

As I've said before, I'm not interested in recruiting others, and neither is that me over there peddling Bibles on the street corner.  Besides, I think that sort of thing does more to chase people away when it comes to believing in Him.  I know that it makes me squirm at times whenever someone is trying to hurl their great revelations upon me.   

I even scared a couple of obnoxious Mormons away.  You know those guys that travel in pairs with their white shirts and black leather shoulder bands.    They came knocking upon my door four or five months ago, and while I tried to be polite at first, they took an assuming role and acted like they themselves was my only hope of salvation.  I think their ears are still ringing with my roaring response to them.

"Fuck you, and your outer darkness, you self-righteous cocksuckers!"  "I don't lean into a couple of liars to hear the truth!" 

Well, they didn't stick around very long at all, which is a good thing, as I was about to tell them what I thought of their prophet Joseph Smith, and of the Mormon's Mountain Meadow Massacre.

I think their now learning to become more selective in their search for 'soft targets' concerning this sort of thing. 

One of my briefest stays within a church, was back in my hoodlum days.  A friend, Larry Phelin, and his wife to be, Cathy, (Really pretty) were getting married at night in this church, and they really wanted me to come.

Well, as busy as my agenda was back then, myself and some of the guys did show up and stood at the back of this darken church (It was only lit with candles, which I heartedly approved of)..  Anyway, just at the moment when the priest was about to ask them those important 'I will questions'.

They noticed the priest being slightly distracted looking back at us shadowy fellows, which caused both Larry and Cathy to then turned around and smiled at me.

I then nodded cordially as I lit a cigarette off of one of those pretty candles near by.  You know the ones that are in those colorful little glass jars, and then we left.

Total elapse time,.. I would put it at around four minutes thirty seconds, or perhaps even less.   

And earlier on, during those important 'I will questions',.. I was tempted to say when it was Larry's turn to answer,.. "If he won't, I will."    But I didn't.    I mean, after all, it was a church.    :smoke:

I once left a post about this that I later deleted.  It seems that my post sometimes are like the footprints left on a sandy shoreline, to where the waves then lap up and wash away.

But there was this other time where Rick Bobinac and Larry Vitti, and Jim Horian all thought that it would be great fun to go to this house where these young religious zealots would perform a 'Born Again' service.

I didn't want to go, but the laughing persuasion of mainly Rick Bobinac, (A fun guy at times) talked me into it.   

Well there were a number of young people there including a couple of pretty cute girls.  But the loud mouth in charge, a young man who fancied himself as the next Jimmy Jones, tried to take control over the situation and wanted me, can you imagine, to go into this darken closet with him. 

Oh I could see through the open door how at the back of this black hole there was a little shrine of sorts with some romantic candles that were lit.  And frankly, had he been one of those cute girls there, I would have had no real problem with that at all. 

But I told him rather angrily,.. "Hell no!"  "I'm not crawling into that little closet with you!"    And that as far as being born again goes, I told him that once was enough for me!

Well the guys all got a kick out of this, including one of the girls there who giggled and smiled over it all.

But who knows?  Had I been of a weaker disposition, he might have gotten me to drink the Kool Aide later on, or move down to Guyana with him during his little crusade.    A real fucking weirdo by all accounts. 

"Hey Woody, Would you like some delicious strawberry strychnine Kool Aide?"  "I made it specially for you." 

"Why yes maggot, I think I would."         

"Ooooooo I don't feel so good,.."  :puke: 

Guest TxFeller

woodworker, organized religion, due to the things committed in the name of God, is what I think the Bible meant when it spoke of "the abomination that causes desolation" in Revelations. I keep my own faith and try to do it without any of the dogma. Where dogma lives, truth cannot.