Tutorial: RLC IP Banning and how to get around it

The Problem:

To the best of my knowledge RLC doesn't explicitly IP ban people. However, they do one of two things:

1. Throttle the bitrate such that the cams become very laggy, and the picture becomes pixelated and unwatchable

2. Apply some kind of pixelate filer that makes all of the cams pixelated and unwatchable

I am not EXACTLY sure what they do or how they do it, but I can tell you they do something like I mentioned above. They did it to me and the cams became virtually unwatchable when using my home IP address, or the IP at my office (the only two places that I've visited from). Initially, I thought it might be a problem with RLC, but low and behold when I use a proxy or visit from an IP that isn't associated with my home or office everything works fine. They had banned my account at least twice before, and I believe on third time around they began throttling or filtering IP's that I had used to login from.  This is actually not a bad trick on their part as it makes people suspect that there is a connection problem that simply can't be fixed and stop visiting the site, rather than a punishment that they might be more inclined to try to get around.

How to know if you're being punished by RLC:

1. ALL of the cams are blurry and pixelated

2. ALL of the cams are slow and laggy ALL of the time

3. Everything looks normal when connecting from a new IP address (I.e. coffee shop, neighbors wi-fi, etc.)

The solution:

1. Buy proxies (Or scrape your own) usually around $1 USD per IP per month: https://www.myprivateproxy.net/buy.php

2. Install Firefox if you don't already have it: https://www.mozilla.org

3. Install an add-on called Foxyproxy: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-uS/firefox/addon/foxyproxy-standard/

4. Once it's installed open Foxyproxy (there should be an icon next to your URL bar) and click on "Add New Proxy", Type in the Proxy IP address and credentials for the proxy (you will get credentials when you buy proxies)

5. Click on the "URL Patterns" tab, and use the following URL Pattern: *reallifecam.com/* - Make sure that "White-list" and "Wildcards" are checked

6. Go to RLC and everything should work normally

Note: If you follow this tutorial correctly ONLY RLC will go through the proxy and you can switch your IP as often as you want (Obviously, depending on the amount of proxies that you have).

How to avoid being caught:

1. Don't post pictures or videos ANYWHERE online that have the RLC watermark in them

2. Don't use the same username on CC and on RLC

3. Use a proxy (following the steps above) anytime you visit RLC

4. Use a VPN

5. Don't share your RLC credentials

6. Don't signup for sites that promise free access or hacking tools as they maybe RLC honeypots or hackers actually trying to use your computer as a proxy

Examples:

Throttling/Blocking:

Screen_Shot_10_13_15_at_09_55_PM.jpg

Normal:

Screen_Shot_10_13_15_at_09_55_PM_001.jpg

• Upvote 2

There is some slick mother f'ers on this forum I must admit and take my hat off to you all !!!  I don't have a clue what he just said, but I like it!!  Thanks for the contribution itsme!

No problem. I do my best to help. Let me know if you have any questions about what I posted.

No problem. I do my best to help. Let me know if you have any questions about what I posted.

Questions LMAO, I'm trying to use my translator to figure out exactly what you just posted LOL.  I'll have to leave all that fancy stuff to the younger crowd!  If I were to try something like that my computer would probably self-destruct in a matter of minutes.  Maybe one day when I'm feeling froggy I'll jump all out there and see how F'd up I can get everything LOL.  But I'm serious when I said thank you for posting it because it will always be in the back of my mind if I ever try to get back on to RLC, but as of right now I don't see that happening!!

For those of you NOT in the know, a brief history.

To protect their material, RLC started putting numeric printed codes on the bottom left corner a very long time ago. The number is tied onto a database for each feed going out to each viewer, and contains a link to the user's IP for that session. Probably tied also to cookies in the user's computers.

That didn't work, because people avoided detection by simply posting pictures with the numeric code cropped out of the photo or video.

So they also resorted to flashing little highlighted circles all over the screen that appear intermittently. Our esteemed members such as tripod2 noticed them, and our resident genius itsme was the first to study, detail, detect and announce the scope of this procedure. A certain other member recognized it as a simple Braille code, and when read by the Braille system, it's a repeat of the same numeric code appearing on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. This occurred at the same time as the Digital Millennium Copyright Agreement went into effect.

This history is in our archives at http://camcaps.net/random-discussion/rlc-is-getting-serious-about-violating-their-terms-conditions/ A lot of members put a great deal of effort into understanding this problem, but itsme deserves the bulk of the credit since he got banned by RLC for his research. (Nick got banned by CC because he was an ass. Just bypass his comments.)

NOW FOR THE WIN!

Obviously, if you are good with Photoshop or GIMP, you could forge or alter your very own batch of numbers! A simple copy and past of a dot here and there, and you're set, because Braille is easy to change. Then you could post hassle free! Cut and past little round dots to your hearts content! Try to mimic the session codes for the NSA, FSB, or Putin himself! WIN WIN WIN! :lmao:

• Upvote 1

Just download CyberGhost.  It's Free and a reliable VPN

There's nothing wrong with using a VPN, but it can screw up local DNS requests and websites that use your location. The thing I like about using a proxy like this is that it only effects the sites that you chose, in this case RLC. Not to mention that when you use a VPN you are connecting to another network which could potentially have security issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen the flashing circles. Is that only for paid users?

Or is that abandoned now for a newer technique such as waveform encoding into the image data stream itself?

They are there. They look like dots that flash across the screen. They are a blatant braille stamp that really is hard to miss if you keep your eyes open. At least, they were still here this morning...and no, I am not a paid subscriber to RLC, but I see them.

But I'm surprised to see you are informed about ciphers and encoding, because most people here are not. I would not be surprised if you are correct in assuming that they are (or soon will be) using hidden  messages within their stream. Just varying the luminescence value of a string of dots in the white "RLC" logo could contain all the information they'd need. Somebody once suggested that the physics to build a nuclear bomb could be contained in a jpg on the Internet, and sometimes I actually believe what I read on the Internet.   

They are there. They look like dots that flash across the screen. They are a blatant braille stamp that really is hard to miss if you keep your eyes open. At least, they were still here this morning...and no, I am not a paid subscriber to RLC, but I see them.

But I'm surprised to see you are informed about ciphers and encoding, because most people here are not. I would not be surprised if you are correct in assuming that they are (or soon will be) using hidden  messages within their stream. Just varying the luminescence value of a string of dots in the white "RLC" logo could contain all the information they'd need. Somebody once suggested that the physics to build a nuclear bomb could be contained in a jpg on the Internet, and sometimes I actually believe what I read on the Internet. 

There very well could be something within the Reallifecam logo itself. People have posted content with no code in the left corner and no dots on the page and RLC is still banning accounts.