Old films

BBsq69

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I took no offense. I honestly didn't understand. If it was referring to some other post I didn't know which one. To be honest, I still have no idea what you are referring to, but you know what? That's fine.

Then in that case, I am sorry for getting angry at you.  It had to do with a reference that Karen had made towards Wiki and their description of "Old Film" being that film which coats the underside of the toilet rim.  She of course meant it in jest. 

Again, I mistook your comment to be antagonistic and hostile towards me.  And now, knowing that I misconstrued it to such wrongly, I apologize. 

Then in that case, I am sorry for getting angry at you.  It had to do with a reference that Karen had made towards Wiki and their description of "Old Film" being that film which coats the underside of the toilet rim.

Again, I mistook your comment to be antagonistic and hostile towards me.  And now, knowing that I misconstrued it to such wrongly, I apologize.

No harm done.

For those of you who like some old movies.  "An Affair to Remember"..  with Cary Grant is a good one.

Even if you had seen it before, if it's been a while, it's still worth watching.

And boy that ending scene was tough on the ole tear ducks.  And for those who remember it, you know what I mean.

And on a somewhat similar note, as far as a tough scene goes.

When the movie "Ghost" first came out, my wife and I went to go see it.  Frankly I didn't care much for the movie, and it certainly didn't move me in any way.  But what did move me in that darken movie theater was this elderly woman sitting there all by herself just to the right and one row in front of us. 

At some point she started crying pretty hard.  And somehow I knew that it wasn't the movie, but of that of her late husband instead.    And I did something that I normally don't do, and went up close to her and whispered something in her ear.  She then grabbed my face and kissed me on my cheek.  Gosh!  I didn't expect that.

My wife being all curious said, "What on Earth did you say to her?"

I should leave you all in suspense now and not tell you. :lmao:    Hell, I didn't even tell my wife until we got in the car. 

Actually I think she was just moved that I should even care.  But what I said was,.. "That which the heart does love, it never lets go of, and he is there now waiting for you."

I remember the previous version of this film called "Love Affair" and it confused me that Cary Grant wasn't in it. 2 Brits on top of the most iconic US building.

For those of you who like some old movies.  "An Affair to Remember"..  with Cary Grant is a good one.

Even if you had seen it before, if it's been a while, it's still worth watching.

And boy that ending scene was tough on the ole tear ducks.  And for those who remember it, you know what I mean.

And on a somewhat similar note, as far as a tough scene goes.

When the movie "Ghost" first came out, my wife and I went to go see it.  Frankly I didn't care much for the movie, and it certainly didn't move me in any way.  But what did move me in that darken movie theater was this elderly woman sitting there all by herself just to the right and one row in front of us. 

At some point she started crying pretty hard.  And somehow I knew that it wasn't the movie, but of that of her late husband instead.    And I did something that I normally don't do, and went up close to her and whispered something in her ear.  She then grabbed my face and kissed me on my cheek.  Gosh!  I didn't expect that.

My wife being all curious said, "What on Earth did you say to her?"

I should leave you all in suspense now and not tell you. :lmao:    Hell, I didn't even tell my wife until we got in the car. 

Actually I think she was just moved that I should even care.  But what I said was,.. "That which the heart does love, it never lets go of, and he is there now waiting for you."

In 1956 when I was five years old, I stood at the top of the Empire State Building. 

And in 1933 King Kong was there too.  But he had a much bigger impact on the town when he came down.  Unlike him, I just took the elevator like everyone else.

What a scene that poor bastard must have caused, as he plummeted down.  First hitting one precipice, and then another, as he finally spun in the air and cartwheeled to the ground.   

A real showman right to the end. 

Supposedly I had a priority ticket but it didn't kick in until the final part of the queue so I'm pretty sure it was around 2 hours before I actually reached the top and by then it was dusk. I found Central Station a more evocative venue.

In 1956 when I was five years old, I stood at the top of the Empire State Building. 

And in 1933 King Kong was there too.  But he had a much bigger impact on the town when he came down.  Unlike him, I just took the elevator like everyone else.

What a scene that poor bastard must have caused, as he plummeted down.  First hitting one precipice, and then another, as he finally spun in the air and cartwheeled to the ground.    A real showman right to the end. 

Yeah, Being a little boy back then, I came to like the statue of liberty more myself.  But back then there was no heighten security needed.  I don't think any of it would thrill me now.

And my aunt also took me to Radio City, and Coney Island, and a few other places' as well.

But from I remember of it, 1956 New York was a whole lot different than what it is today.     

What a scene that poor bastard must have caused, as he plummeted down.  First hitting one precipice, and then another, as he finally spun in the air and cartwheeled to the ground.    A real showman right to the end. 

Great special effects on that movie, too. The biplane pilot has my respect, too.

I_think_this_is_photoshopped.jpg