Juke Box Split #3

rubberball50

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once left a little story having to do with this song being played at some club that drew me in, and of certain things that took place shortly after I left, when I went to Chicago with this girl back in 1969.

Unfortunately I deleted it some time ago.  But the song still lives on.  And so do I.

I can't help it, I'm just an old romantic. 

It's strange the way he died so suddenly.  His publicist and agent said that it was an accident.  Supposedly a gun fell off a wall and discharged, shooting him in the head.

But more likely he was on top of some guys wife just grinding away when her husband came home unexpectedly.

For a while there he was bigger than Bing Crosby, and his records are sought out by collectors.

The guys were there. They were just too chickenshit to get up and dance. That's how my wife and I got together. There was a good band and there was this hot 'ginger' sitting with her girlfriend. I swooped in, grabbed her hand and before she could protest, I was spinning her around on the dance floor. And I'm spinning her to this day. I'm not going to waste a good band and an empty dance floor.