Juke Box Split #3

rubberball50

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys were there. They were just too chickenshit to get up and dance. That's how my wife and I got together. There was a good band and there was this hot 'ginger' sitting with her girlfriend. I swooped in, grabbed her hand and before she could protest, I was spinning her around on the dance floor. And I'm spinning her to this day. I'm not going to waste a good band and an empty dance floor.

You echo facts of wisdom here, my friend.

Some women go for jocks: football team captains; men of strength, men who can exert a force upon the physical world which others cannot.

Some women go for musicians: they're so cool, they can play upon a woman's heartstrings.

Some women go for writers, poets, and picnics in nature: men can move their emotions.

But all women can be seduced by a man who can dance with them.

You are soooooo right my friend. 

And during the slow dances,.. Oooo, the shit I used to whisper in their ears, just before I send them backwards into a dip!   

I could never pull myself to do those fast dances.  But I could round a corner pretty damn well during the slow ones.  And besides, what other dance lets you get so close.  ;)

I know that this isn't really the place for this.  But sometimes lightning just strikes where it will.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the 50 stands for at the end of Rubberball.  Perhaps his age? 

But do any of you out there know what the 150 stands for after TBG?  And he's old alright, but it's not his age.

Well here's a clue.  It's not the size of his truck, like some may have thought, but rather the number of flag burning liberals that his truck crashed into one dark and drunken night.

He's too modest to admit it, but I know that's what it really stands for. 

Thank you, woodworker.  I appreciate it.  :)

No, the 50 isn't my age... I'm well past that.  ;)

Years ago, I needed to make my username a little different, so I added the 50.  And there's no special significance to it, unlike tbg's 150.  ;D

Sorry guys, I've been out in the field. I show up at Juke Box, and I feel like I'm home again.

Damn decent posts. Damn nice ballads, and wonderful songs we should all appreciate.

Many posts ago, I was looking for an English song of the seas to match "City of New Orleans," suggesting that the Iron Horse made the US, whilst the tall ships made the British Empire. I couldn't find one. Thanks Woody for finding "High Barbaree."

A ballad is a story, originally written about a great mythic hero or a god-king, and it evolved to became a song about common men. Here's a ballad (with lyrics) that is historically accurate, which I hope my distant friends appreciate.

Thank you, woodworker.  I appreciate it.  :)

No, the 50 isn't my age... I'm well past that.  ;)

Years ago, I needed to make my username a little different, so I added the 50.  And there's no special significance to it, unlike tbg's 150.  ;D

I turned 64 last January,.. Does that make you feel a little better? 

On behalf of all of us here, I welcome you friend. 

I turned 64 last January,.. Does that make you feel a little better? 

On behave of all of us here, I welcome you friend.

Thank you for the welcome... this is a good place to visit... I enjoy it.

I wasn't sure about revealing ages... don't know the protocols and/or traditions here yet, but it makes me feel better that I'm not the only... actually old... dude here.  I'm about 25 months older than you, ww... hit the famous 66 last December.  :)