Juke Box Split #4

woodworker

Nobody's been posting songs about cities or towns. I thought I'd fix that. Maybe Squirrel can get the ball rolling.

{see above}

Uhhh... Mr. Squirrel...  #864 - El Paso (Texas) from woodworker...  #826 - Tillsonberg (Canada) from StnCld...  not to mention #856 from StnCld which mentions hundreds of cities (3 continents worth... maybe).  ;D

Maybe you ought to visit the Juke Box a little more often... and stay a little longer... I think there's a... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyK7q2nvfP4

:)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody's been posting songs about cities or towns. I thought I'd fix that. Maybe Squirrel can get the ball rolling.

SNIP

SNIP

Had said squirrel not been banned from Dodger Stadium for that event we shan't belabor now, he/it may have noticed that "I Love L.A." was featured there, of late.

I get it.

Most Honorable Squirrel wants to hear songs like this:

最も名誉リスは、このような曲を聞きたいです:

Mottomo meiyo risu wa, kono yōna kyoku o kikitaidesu:

It'll be a hot, hot time in Lakehurst, New Jersey,

When the Hindenburg lands today.

Well, the band will start to play,

And the people will shout "hooray"!

When the Hindenburg lands today...yay! yay!

All the way from Germany coming to us,

We know your motto is "to Jersey or Bust"!

There'll be a hot, hot time in Lakehurst, New Jersey,

When the Hindenburg lands today!

I liked that song Karen.  And I hear it went over real big in Ferguson, and Baltimore. 

There ya go Squirrel, this one is just for you.        I got your city swingin right here!

It won't be long before somebody post,.. "I'm just a Country boy"  :D

Here's one about a guy who made the mistake of taking a train to Detroit, and then got home sick real quick. 

It's sort of a city song with a country twist. ???

Anyway, if he hadn't seen so many Blacks there just malingering about, the thought of cotton fields probably never would have even crossed his mind.

So there ya go Squirrel, It doesn't get any grittier than Detroit ya know. 

I once told someone that Detroit was French for Detour. 

in "the wall", pink Floyd asked us if anyone remembered vera lynn? that sang, whatever it takes, in the bombing... so here's vera, young and full of compassion for those who struggle, ignoring the fire which destroyed everything, around the room or it went almost nightly, defiance of danger! RIP vera...