Bitchin' bout windows 10

bigbear

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TxFeller

I actually (even though it had it's share of problems) wish I still had windows XP.  They try to do way to much shit now days.  I like opening to a desktop, not some screen full of apps that I never use.  I want my computer to be just a computer not a phone made into a tablet and plugged into a laptop. I of course have the same bitch about game consoles.  If I wanted my gaming console to be a computer I would just buy a computer for gaming.  The good old day just being able to pop a game in and play are gone.  My wife got me the xbone for xmas and I do enjoy the graphics, but it is asinine I have to download a game onto the damn console before I play even if it is a disk.  Time to break out the NES and do some real gaming. (yes I still have one)

Linked, get "Classic Shell". Looks like an XP desktop. I had it on Win8.1 and now have it on Win10. No more apps desktop. =)  http://www.classicshell.net/

I just looked that over and I have 8.1 and use a desktop screen most of the time, but toggle back and forth depending on my needs at the time. Why add another program when it is already in 8.1 and 10 to start with?

Guest TxFeller

I just looked that over and I have 8.1 and use a desktop screen most of the time, but toggle back and forth depending on my needs at the time. Why add another program when it is already in 8.1 and 10 to start with?

Admittedly, I didn't dig too deep into Win8.1, but never saw anything other than an apps desktop while using it until I got Classic Shell. It is built into Win10, though, right from the beginning.

8.1-Bottom left corner. Click the window to get the apps screen and to go back to desktop, click the desktop icon on the bottom left corner. That's the way I'm set up anyway and I usually leave the simple stuff alone.  :idk:

Did anyone mention that Windows 10 is Microsoft Spyware?  They can read your email and track your internet activity and everything else...privacy features provided do nothing except make you think you are in control but,,,, Microsoft still gets the information...they own us just like Google and Amazon.... :yikes:

Did anyone mention that Windows 10 is Microsoft Spyware?  They can read your email and track your internet activity and everything else...privacy features provided do nothing except make you think you are in control but,,,, Microsoft still gets the information...they own us just like Google and Amazon.... :yikes:

Your little pink horsey looks good in a tinfoil hat.

8.1-Bottom left corner. Click the window to get the apps screen and to go back to desktop, click the desktop icon on the bottom left corner. That's the way I'm set up anyway and I usually leave the simple stuff alone.  :idk:

Sometimes that simple stuff can be the most difficult task. :yes: