The Dog's Name

She is normally referred as Eva (or her legacy name of Scooter by some of us) but when I hear Leora call her name as she does 100s of times a day she seems to be saying

"Yevan".

Obviously the "Ye" being Russian is expected but is the 'n' she adds part of how she speaks or is some kind of imperative form of "Yeva". It has been a long time since I passed my Russian 'O' Level so I have vague ideas that there might be such a form but I doubt very much it ends in 'n'.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is normally referred as Eva (or her legacy name of Scooter by some of us) but when I hear Leora call her name as she does 100s of times a day she seems to be saying

"Yevan".

Obviously the "Ye" being Russian is expected but is the 'n' she adds part of how she speaks or is some kind of imperative form of "Yeva". It has been a long time since I passed my Russian 'O' Level so I have vague ideas that there might be such a form but I doubt very much it ends in 'n'.

Eve-Ева

Okay the dog's name is PAUL.  I hate him. He still chews with his mouth open. That beautiful girl needs some one to love her, be with her and treat her like the Queen she is. What kind of man would sit at the desk and playing with a soldering iron all night when a girl like Leora is laying on the sofa all sexed out in her thong....therefore I am correct in saying Paul is the dog. I would bang Scooter before him...

Okay the dog's name is PAUL.  I hate him. He still chews with his mouth open. That beautiful girl needs some one to love her, be with her and treat her like the Queen she is. What kind of man would sit at the desk and playing with a soldering iron all night when a girl like Leora is laying on the sofa all sexed out in her thong....therefore I am correct in saying Paul is the dog. I would bang Scooter before him...

quel genre d'homme?? et bien un mec qui travail, tout simplement, pendant que sa copine dort sur le canapé toute la journée et toute la nuit, du 1er janvier au 31 décembre, sauf pour aller se coiffer et se mettre de la crème 8 fois par jour, dans la pièce d'à coté!!!

what kind of man ?? and many a guy who work simply for his girlfriend sleeping on the couch all day and all night, from 1 January to 31 December, except to her hair and put cream 8 times a day, in the next room !!! :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :D :D

Nobody's answering the question. Maybe it's because there's extra stress on 'a' or perhaps it is a nasal part of her accent which most of time I don't detect. I do know that EBa or Eba or even eBa or eba is pronounced Yeva or even Yevar which is the equivalent of Eva but I was asking for a specific reason why it sounds like she is saying at to sound like "Yevan". 

Nobody's answering the question. Maybe it's because there's extra stress on 'a' or perhaps it is a nasal part of her accent which most of time I don't detect. I do know the even EBa or Eba or even eBa or eba is pronounced Yeva or even Yevar which is the equivalent of Eva but I was asking for a specific reason why it sounds like she is saying at to sound like "Yevan".

Dog's name is Eva (Eve). Leora says it clearly. I have never heard that she spoke "Yevan".

Dog's name is Eva (Eve). Leora says it clearly. I have never heard that she spoke "Yevan".

oui!!! on va peut-être en finir avec le nom du toutou!!! elle s'appelle eve, ce qui s'écrit eba en russe!!! pour la prononciation, c'est effectivement un truc comme yeva ou yeba....!!! la chienne de karina c'est mia, et le chat de carla, c'est Thelma.... ;) ;)

OK I've obviously misheard it hundreds of times. But of course you are all Russian and do not hear it as somebody English does.

Day 1 of Russian pronunciation 'e' is pronounced 'ye' - maybe Russians never hear the 'y' and I am sure English people don't hear aspects of their own language especially with the amount of accents there must be in the world. For my Russian oral exam I gave a talk on Dosto(y)evsky and the psychological novel and I passed.

I conclude that it is obviously just a nasal part of Leora(which I suppose we have to call her even though everybody knows it's not her name)'s voice when she shouts as she always does when calling the dog.

I try to refer to RLC tenants by their RLC stage names. But since RLC didn't assign names for the pets, we needed to have a common reference when discussing this class of excellent tenants. I suggested Qualude for Maya's dog; Meth for Isabel's; Snowball 1 and Snowball 2 for Lina & Marks' kittens. Then I ran a poll --

The names that stuck were Scooter (before we even knew her sex) and Meerkat (Lora & Max's very cool cat.)

Nobody suggested names for Maya's fish, but I hear her cats always refer to them as "Food." ;D

I try to refer to RLC tenants by their RLC stage names. But since RLC didn't assign names for the pets, we needed to have a common reference when discussing this class of excellent tenants. I suggested Qualude for Maya's dog; Meth for Isabel's; Snowball 1 and Snowball 2 for Lina & Marks' kittens. Then I ran a poll --

The names that stuck were Scooter (before we even knew her sex) and Meerkat (Lora & Max's very cool cat.)

Nobody suggested names for Maya's fish, but I hear her cats always refer to them as "Food." ;D

snowball 1 et 2:

149115Capture20160210224317794.png

Qualude:

136893Capture20160210225050845.png