Starting Dates for current apartments

Hi, I'm curious if you could provide the starting dates for all current apartment.

Since we have the number of posts in each apt forum, I thought it would be interesting to calculate the average number of posts per day per current apartment, to get an idea of popularity.

Would that be possible?

AlanOhio

On 4/9/2016 at 1:57 PM, alanohio said:

Hi, I'm curious if you could provide the starting dates for all current apartment.

Since we have the number of posts in each apt forum, I thought it would be interesting to calculate the average number of posts per day per current apartment, to get an idea of popularity.

Would that be possible?

AlanOhio

I have some knowledge of statistics - it formed approximately half of my Maths degree - and to compare (if you cannot actually stage an unbiased experiment) is difficult. There are several factors which mean that the start date would not really provide good evidence. The measure I use and it is its flaws is well is to compare the views of the pictures for each month. Then at least you are dealing with the same population of viewers. Another one would be comments but that can be skewed by controversial events and people disliking the occupants as has certainly happened with the Barcelona apartment. Using my suggested tool would currently put the order as

1. Barcelona 2. The 2Ks 3. Leora 4. The rest well behind

which I do not think will come as any surprise. last time I looked the Barcelona apartment was well ahead in terms of comments probably because there is less for people to get upset about at the 2Ks' place. Barcelona normally has 3 girls, The 2Ks have 2 and Leora is on her own which could make you question the popularity of individuals but if you want purely to look at the apartments then picture views are as good as I can think of.

An even better method might be if we used the thumbnails to gauge popularity and in that respect Barcelona and the 2Ks are clearly way ahead but Carla is surprising popular - however this is based on observation not collated data and that does depend on time zones. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

I have some knowledge of statistics - it formed approximately half of my Maths degree - and to compare (if you cannot actually stage an unbiased experiment) is difficult. There are several factors which mean that the start date would not really provide good evidence. The measure I use and it is its flaws is well is to compare the views of the pictures for each month. Then at least you are dealing with the same population of viewers. Another one would be comments but that can be skewed by controversial events and people disliking the occupants as has certainly happened with the Barceloba apartment. Using my suggested tool would currently put the order as

1. Barcelona 2. The 2Ks 3. Leora 4. The rest well behind

which I do not think will come as any surprise. last time I looked the Barcelona apartment was well ahead in terms of comments probably because there is less for people to get upset about at the 2Ks place. Barcelona normally has 3 girls, The 2Ks have 2 and Leora is on her own which could make you question the popularity of individuals but if you want purely to look at the apartments then picture views are as good as I can think of.

An even better method might be if we used the thumbnails to guage popularity and in that respect Barcelona and the 2Ks are clearly way ahead but Carla is surprising popular - however this is based on observation not collated data and that does depend on time zones. 

Thanks for this analysis BB. I suspected the three mentioned were the likely leaders and your post pretty much confirms that. I was, interestingly enough, more interested in the least popular. I have my own ideas, which probably aren't' that far off - but it's interesting to try and guess which apts could be easily replaced.

2 hours ago, alanohio said:

Thanks for this analysis BB. I suspected the three mentioned were the likely leaders and your post pretty much confirms that. I was, interestingly enough, more interested in the least popular. I have my own ideas, which probably aren't' that far off - but it's interesting to try and guess which apts could be easily replaced.

I did look at that - it's not as clear cut and I'll do some estimating. Nelly was away for a while so Efim might skew the figures but which way would be difficult to tell.

53 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Wouldn't it be easier to simply look at the forum stats? It's all there for anyone to see.

The point is the apartments have been here different amount of times, thus the numbers aren't comparable, right?

41 minutes ago, alanohio said:

The point is the apartments have been here different amount of times, thus the numbers aren't comparable, right?

Thinking about it, the dates wouldn't coincide. It's not an exact science, but the stats would help a bit.

OK the first crude results are in (and I'll make some adjustments if I can be bothered) for 1st March - 9 April

1. Barcelona

2. K&K

3. L&P (actually A&K but the figures are too artificial to be included yet)

4. N&B (Difficult to separate out the Efim effect but I'll try ... maybe)

5. M&S2 (That's Masha)

6. C&S (Blue's exploits doing no harm) 7. C&M 8.Z&L

9. N&K 10 A&D

11 M&S1 (That's Maya)

12 S&H 13 D&D (perhaps slightly affected by their trip to Italy)

The ones which are in the same ballpark I've put on the same line.

If you think things like cameras and guests are factors, then I would point out we are measuring the apartment's popularity and that includes everything. The reason I mention Efim as that was more a house sit than a guest contribution.

A&K, if included, I would probably put on the same line as L&P but before.