hey admin I have an idea!!!

sogan88

i wrote a topic "ariiieeellll get up" yesterday. eveyone said "bad topic" "its nonsense topc" yes they are true.. but if we have main topic in each every couple,we can write there everythink. for example im waching ariel now. this bottle irritate me:) and i wanna say it at anywhere :) i mean we will  use these topics like tiwitter..

thank u for reading

Save you breath. Admin and Mods don't care. They ask for help and suggestions. You give them the suggestions that you know work. They are tried and true.

Do you think they would even send you a PM or a post to say thank you? Hell no. They delete the thread that they asked for your help in. I PMed Admin one day and gave him/her a few praises and suggestions. That was a while back. I never heard anything in return.

That alone tells me that (a) they don't care and (b) they want/need help, but can't/won't admit it and © they take your suggestions, use them and then still won't acknowledge you or say thank you.

I guess I was raised differently. When I ask for help and get it, I trip over myself to take the 2 seconds to type out 'Thank you'. Whatever !!!

Gee. I guess I'll get negative Karma for this post. My life is over with now. I've been degraded by a keyboard commando. Boo-Hoo. DILLIGAFF

i wrote a topic "ariiieeellll get up" yesterday. eveyone said "bad topic" "its nonsense topc" yes they are true.. but if we have main topic in each every couple,we can write there everythink. for example im waching ariel now. this bottle irritate me:) and i wanna say it at anywhere :) i mean we will  use these topics like tiwitter..

thank u for reading

I am not sure what you're asking for exactly..

Save you breath. Admin and Mods don't care. They ask for help and suggestions. You give them the suggestions that you know work. They are tried and true.

Do you think they would even send you a PM or a post to say thank you? Hell no. They delete the thread that they asked for your help in. I PMed Admin one day and gave him/her a few praises and suggestions. That was a while back. I never heard anything in return.

That alone tells me that (a) they don't care and (b) they want/need help, but can't/won't admit it and © they take your suggestions, use them and then still won't acknowledge you or say thank you.

I guess I was raised differently. When I ask for help and get it, I trip over myself to take the 2 seconds to type out 'Thank you'. Whatever !!!

Gee. I guess I'll get negative Karma for this post. My life is over with now. I've been degraded by a keyboard commando. Boo-Hoo. DILLIGAFF

I get a lot of messages from this forum. Some are complaints, some are spam, a lot are from people who simply don't understand how forums work etc.. I don't always respond to messages primarily because they get lost in the mix so to speak. I read your message, and I sincerely appreciate the feedback. We have implemented a few changes to help deal with spam and I am in the process of implementing an anti-spam system that will auto-block people from making posts that have spam links in them (I.e. the guy who was posting the same link to his WordPress site a million times). I try to stay hands off for the most part as I believe the users of the forum make it what it is, not me. I do my best to moderate things when they get out of hand, and to add new features when I can.

Hi tbg150,

I understand your idea, and if you see the suggestion board, that was kinda off my idea to.

But there needs to change a couple of things on this forum before that...

Here are a few examples (see pics)

If people stop making threads about nothing, or just for 1 pic, it would be way less chaotic..

So, I hope people will read it, and maybe I will post it in the Readme.

Lets make in every ''household'' 2 topics

- Video (split 1, 2 ,3 etc)

-Pics (split 1, 2 ,3 etc)

Everyone can post there pics or reactions on pics in that thread, and when it reaches 24 pages, we will make a new one..

Please respond on me thoughts everyone because i think its a good idea (in some way)...

Woof

post-171-145739566353_thumb.jpg

post-171-145739566363_thumb.jpg

Guest NL Forever

my suggestion is for 4 main topic headings

1. Videos + relevant comments

2. Pics + relevant comments

3. General comments/discussion relating to the current or past events (this main folder could have sub divisions to allow for the diverse range of subjects)

4. Random/Fun/Crazy stuff (e.g. Do you like Alma's left  or right leg? and so on .....) that doesn't fit elsewhere!!

I think the problem is one that is not easily solved. Everyone likes to look at the videos but then like to make comments about the content of the videos.

The temptation is then to branch out into another subject within the video link (the same will happen within a pic thread.

I think one way forward is to be a bit more ruthless in locking a particular thread. Maybe only allow 10 pages before lockdown.

In many ways I like the chaos of numerous threads and I like it that members have such diverse thoughts. Let's just let imagination run wild. Creativity creates Chaos - Chaos creates Creativity!!

I see a few of the changes Admin. Some are behind the cloak of darkness and aren't readily noticed. The spam is really cut back on. Good job. A few some how manage to sneak in.

And I also agree. The incessant whining for pics, vids, passwords, gets really old, really fast. Be a contributor, not a taker of the forum. I like to cut up a bit and at the same time, help the Powers That Be. I'm not as techy as a lot here, but I'm analytical.

I was just bitchin a bit, because I do try to help.

What in the hell are all these "changes" people talking about, my god!!! This is a peek in someone's way of living's websites forum. It's fine the way it is.

Tbg, you are one of the VERY few people here who has a head on their shoulders and would be a good fit to work as a forum Admin here! Go turn in that application, Brah!!! ;D 

Thanks for the flowers.  :)  I think if Admin wanted help, he'd ask for it. Or put up a post/send a PM to those that they may think would do a good job being the 'Post Police'.

On my own board, I leave it alone and let it run itself and just expect that the members police themselves as adults. Then there are boards in which people can't read and specific posts are not even close to the sub-forum in which it belongs.

Why would you post an item that you want to buy in a for sale forum? Like here, it's been posted many times, DON'T ASK FOR PASSWORDS. Does that stop them? Hell no. If there were enough Mods to police the boards, you could simply delete all of the redundancy.

Case in point, there is a thread in General Discussion about Alma being #1. Why is it in Gen Dis when it should be in a thread already containing multiple posts of like content under the Alma and Stephan forum. It needs to be moved or deleted. Take your pick.