Britain has a new PM

10 minutes ago, woodworker said:

A young Canadian man was kick out of some singing choir because he had the audacity in the song that he wrote to include the words, "All lives matter."   And for that reason alone he was tossed off the singing group.  

You see, to the liberals, and to the "Black Li e's Matter" group, only the Black's lives seem to matter to them.  

Just a bunch of bigoted racist!    

No you have it warped to suit your position...

The "chior" as you call it, was the hugely successful Canadian quartet The Canadian Tenors or The Tenors for short.  The Tenors, Canada's popular vocal quartet, are apologizing for not only altering the lyrics to O Canada at Tuesday's Major League Baseball All-Star Game, but inserting a political and controversial statement in its place. During the on-field performance at San Diego's Petco Park, a line in the anthem during Remigio Pereira's solo was changed to include the words "all lives matter." ...he's not Canadian, he's from Boston and the issue is bigger than BLM...he changed the fucking anthem!

9 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

No you have it warped to suit your position...

The "chior" as you call it, was the hugely successful Canadian quartet The Canadian Tenors or The Tenors for short.  The Tenors, Canada's popular vocal quartet, are apologizing for not only altering the lyrics to O Canada at Tuesday's Major League Baseball All-Star Game, but inserting a political and controversial statement in its place. During the on-field performance at San Diego's Petco Park, a line in the anthem during Remigio Pereira's solo was changed to include the words "all lives matter." ...he's not Canadian, he's from Boston and the issue is bigger than BLM...he changed the fucking anthem!

Well, unlike most liberals, I'll be honest and say that I only heard the tail end of it on my car radio.  So I apologize for not knowing that it was a quartet, or for knowing that it was suppose to be Canada's National Anthem.   I too don't feel that it is right to alter the lyrics to one's national anthem.  

And now that I understand just who it was who changed the lyrics, my anger now takes a different turn concerning all of this.     

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, woodworker said:

Well, unlike most liberals, I'll be honest and say that I only heard the tail end of it on my car radio.  So I apologize for not knowing that it was a quartet, or for knowing that it was suppose to be Canada's National Anthem.   I too don't feel that it is right to alter the lyrics to one's national anthem.  

If he ever comes to Canada.  We'll just Water Board him for doing it.  LOL

• Upvote 1

I'm not only opposed to people changing the lyrics to our National Anthem.   I am also opposed to people who can't sing worth a damn trying to sing it.    

This is pretty tough to listen to.    Someone should have said something to her during the rehearsal.

Hell,.. I was ready to surrender just to get her to quit!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

And I thought this was a topic on democracy in the UK ... perhaps people are a little lost.

It was but like most of the threads they tend to go off the topic every now and then.

On 7/11/2016 at 7:31 PM, StnCld316 said:

A Rejuvenated Margaret Thatcher.

God No., The last thing we need is "The Girls Form Brazil". People have praised her becuae she survived 6 years as The Home Secretary which is most precarious job in politics although much smaller than it used to be it still ranks as the No 4. job in the country. Of course one of the main reason she survived is Cameron would have difficulty sacking her as he would feel duty bound to find another competent woman in the Tory party which is not an easy task in a very male party - there's probably more gays in it!

Actually TM's main remit was to get immigration down to below 100,000. After 6 years it's something like 370,000 so that's really quite a failure. The 100,000 figure was just one Cameron invented to win the 2010 election which he didn't quite do. Then he repeated the unachievable bollocks in 2015 and won. At one point under May we were pretty much failing to check anyone coming through our borders because austerity cut staff so much they gave up. And i am not even going to mention the "Go Home" buses and the cat speech - not a stunning record.

2 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

God know, the last think we need is "The Girls Form Brazil". People have praised here becuae she survived 6 years as The Home Secretary which is most precarious job in politics although much smaller than it used to be it still ranks as the No 4. job in the country. Of course one of the main reason she survived is Cameron would have difficulty sacking her as he would feel duty bound to find another competent woman in the Tory party which is not an easy task in a very male party - there's probably more gays in it!

Margaret Thatcher was good in her day  she had the Unions down on their knees. I don't know about this other woman but I guess time will tell if she has any guts to make a good impression.

We have a few like that in Canada. Since being Gay is more open we now have a slew of Politicians that mysteriously come out of their closets. We have a PM named Justin Trudeau when he talks his voice sounds gay, he walks and acts like a gay person.  Then we have a Premier of the Province we live in who is a 100% Dyke and likes to waste Billions of Tax Dollars because it's not her money she's spending trying to Brainwash the Taxpayer with her Green Energy and Climate Change BS Drivel.  If Brains were Dynamite she couldn't even blow her nose. How she ever got elected with a Majority Government is beyond me.

• Upvote 2