StnCld316

jjs

22 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

I have no doubt that he's the best Mod here. That's why I passed the torch to him. I couldn't come near that perfection.

I wouldn't say the best.  I just know the basic ins and outs about things and how they operate but anything Technical I'm still out in left field.

4 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I wouldn't say the best.  I just know the basic ins and outs about things and how they operate but anything Technical I'm still out in left field.

I'm going to have to use the BS Card.jpg card on that comment SC.   You are way more advanced than you give yourself credit for!

9 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I'm going to have to use the BS Card.jpg card on that comment SC.   You are way more advanced than you give yourself credit for!

What I meant by that was I am no IT person such as Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or Michael Dell.

Just now, HarleyFatboy said:

LOL you should be :)

If I had gotten into Computers at a much younger age I would likely know just about everything there is to know. But I only started using a Computer in 1999.

I'm basically just a hands on person. If I was asked to study and learn from a book I can study the book but the next day I can't tell you about anything I have read.  But put anything in front of me and ask me to take it apart and put it back together again, I can do that without any problems.

Just now, StnCld316 said:

If I had gotten into Computers at a much younger age I would likely know just about everything there is to know. But I only started using a Computer in 1999.

I'm basically just a hands on person. If I was asked to study and learn from a book I can study the book but the next day I can't tell you about anything I have read.  But put anything in front of me and ask me to take it apart and put it back together again, I can do that without any problems.

I'm a hands on guy myself SC so I know what you are talking about.   I have to really get in to a book to read the whole thing.   If a book grabs my interest from the beginning I can usually finish it, but other than that.......no way.

9 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I'm a hands on guy myself SC so I know what you are talking about.   I have to really get in to a book to read the whole thing.   If a book grabs my interest from the beginning I can usually finish it, but other than that.......no way.

I got no problem reading a book. Just the next day if someone asks me what the book was about, I couldn't tell them.

When I started working as a Pinsetter Mechanic in a Bowling Center they were going to send me to School to learn the pinsetter mechanism.. I told them they were wasting their time and money doing that. I told them give me a week with the machinery and I'll have it all figured out.  I worked at that job 20+ years until my back and legs were so shot from standing on a cement floor all those years. Now I'm on a Disability Pension until I start collecting my Old Age which isn't to far off.

• Upvote 1