Barcelona Apt. #1 - General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos (2016)

Just now, toolmaker123 said:

Depression is placed in the brain by the power of suggestion by doctors and acquaintances. You can allow it to consume you or deny that it exists. 

YES, I speak from experiences. You can choose to veer towards it or away from depression. 

Ok, pal, agree to disagree. When you are getting depressed it is not that simple to avoid it. You may need professional help.

And it is not based upon power of suggestion. Doctors don't convince people to be  depressed. That sounds like a conspiracy theory against doctors. And I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

Why the  hell would an acquaintance suggest it? And why would you listen to them.

I think you are confusing real  depression with melancholy or being merely down.

If you are down or melancholy you can pick yourself up and get out of it. If  you are truly depressed, you personally cannot do it, you need help.

I think we are probably differing on talking about two different things.

• Replies 63.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noldus

• Dreamer24

• legrandrobert

• euromike69

Neurotransmitter function definitely affects the mind, and the reaction of the mind definitely affects neurotransmitter functions, especially in the long run. That's why clinical depression and OCD is such a pain-in-ass to figure out and overcome.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Neurotransmitter function definitely affects the mind, and the reaction of the mind definitely affects neurotransmitter functions, especially in the long run. That's why clinical depression and OCD is such a pain-in-ass to figure out and overcome.

Agreed, mental becomes physical and physical becomes mental.

Obviously many thanks to Henri Pas for the fantastic views of Vika

yi6r.jpg

But the site it's hosted on worries me. It tried to load from a lot of sites which looked very adwarey. In particularly I notice one called europacash.

• Upvote 5