Barcelona Apt. #1 ~ General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos January to March 2017

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noldus

• BBsq69

• nagachilli2

• Benfold

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought id say what im about tto say but -- Irma has slipped soooo far off my radar it's totally shocking. Outside of one other girl Irma has been special to me -- I certainly thot someone as sexy and beautiful would at  least go for a guy at least equal in looks and  personality -- which ive seen nothing at all.He's as strange almost as much as Fidel --Vika's man. I honestly believe he's someone to draw in viewers, because everyone will either get depressed with Irma's situation -- or many more viewers will come to this apartment to watch Irma deal with whatever this dude is lol. Either way the fact she obviously has no taste in men, and the other possibility is -- it's part of this script and this apartment. Im almost looking forward till Irma leaves so I wont have to see her hit "rock bottom" in her personal life. So sorry Irma. And I thought it was bad that Jess and you couldn't "get Russ up". That was ridiculous, but this really is more strange!!!     

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BBsq69 said:

En realidad no es tan fácil para un orador Inglés. Muchos extranjeros hablan Inglés mejor que el Inglés y debido a que la TV no recogen frases. Cuando era un adolescente que fui a un campo en el que había un muchacho sueco y su Inglés era tan bueno que pero para un ligero Inglés que nunca habría conocido. Tenía todas las expresiones coloquiales y contracciones que se puede esperar. Obviamente ser de un lugar le da un mejor oído para los acentos de manera que podemos decir hasta cierto punto, que la ciudad en Inglaterra es de alguien, pero una vez que cruzamos la frontera a Escocia, que sólo sabe la gente es escocés. Y en cuanto a los EE.UU. hay más de 300 millones de personas, sino que sólo conocen el sur, no meridional y tal vez vagamente Nueva York.

Friend, even in Spain itself, we have that "problem" that is not really a problem, it is a way of talking about different places. In Catalonia the difference is even greater because we can speak in two languages ... which leads us to have an accent a little more pronounced than another person who only speaks in Spanish.
Anyway a Hispanic who lives in another country, is very easy to identify that their language is not like mine.
As for another person who can speak in Spanish perfectly, I do not put it in question. Because my Spanish is native, with his good things and his big mistakes .... he is not a Spanish of languages.
That's why I can say that this kid, not from language school, is more if you press me, I would say that if childhood (which is when one learns a language naturally) he lived outside the peninsula ... Of course, there will always be those who say that I am not a linguist to affirm that. Only the povre print of a native.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, happyman88 said:

I never thought I would see the day that Irma brought a bloke back to the apartment let alone share her bed and what a disappointment it turned out when she brought that scruffy freeloader back with her and even more sickeningly she appears to like him a lot so we probably haven't seen the last of him. From the English conversation it is clear he doesn't have a proper job and drifts was one location to another and it's my bet that he sees in Irma a soft touch who is not short of a shilling and he's latched onto her like a leech. Irma being Irma seems to be a genuine nice person who is kind to everyone but this tosser has seen her weakness and will exploit it. I really did think she had more class than this and would have expected a big strapping handsome guy but then I guess there's no accounting for taste which has left a bitter taste with me - unless of course it's part of the script and he's been placed there to wind us up - me anyway! 

Sorry Irma but you've slipped down my list of favourites rapidly after last night and this morning's performances. :sad:

You guys still keep imagining these guys are some people the girls picked up. Ever consider the possibility that they have known them for some time and he isn't random at all. Irma's obviously very comfortable with him. And please let's stop talking about a girl's lack of class. You wouldn't ever talk about a guy that way especially if he could have slept with a girl but didn't.

BTW I've slept on people's floors and even slept on a girl's floor when I could have shared her bed ... come to think of it, a bit stupid ... but it just happened that I didn't want to go home that night. And also remember the unemployment rate in Spain like it was in the UK under Thatcher is terrible so people not having a job there is because their economy got fucked by greedy bankers in 2008 so don't judge!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BBsq69 said:

Actually it is not so easy for an English speaker. Many foreigners speak better English than the English and because of TV they do pick up phrases. When I was a teenager i went to a camp in which there was a Swedish boy and his English was so good that but for a slight accent you would never have known. He had all the colloquialisms and contractions that you would expect. Obviously being from a place gives you a better ear for accents so we can tell to a certain extent which city in England somebody is from but once we cross the border to Scotland, we just know people are Scottish. And as for the US there are more than 300 million people but we only know Southern, Not Southern and maybe vaguely NYC.

Actually by we I mean Northerners because quite frankly other than Scouse, Brummie and Geordie, I think once you reached Oxford Southerners and especially Londoner seem to think everyone else says "Oop Nirth" but I suppose we might place everyone south of Oxford as "Essex/Cockney", "Posh" or "Yokel".

P.S. Cockneys aren't even from Essex! Yokel is kind of farmer/pirate.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

Ustedes aún así mantener imaginar que estos tipos son algunas personas las niñas recogidos. Ha considerado alguna vez la posibilidad de que los han conocido desde hace algún tiempo y que no es al azar en absoluto. Irma es, obviamente, muy a gusto con él. Y por favor, vamos a dejar de hablar de la falta de clase de una niña. No volvería a hablar de un chico de esa manera, especialmente si podía haber dormido con una chica, pero no lo hizo.

Por cierto que he dormido en los pisos de las personas e incluso dormía en el piso de una niña cuando podría haber compartido su cama ... ahora que lo pienso de ella, un poco estúpido ... pero acaba de ocurrir que yo no quiero ir a casa esa noche. Y también recordar la tasa de desempleo en España como lo fue en el Reino Unido bajo Thatcher es terrible para que la gente no tener un trabajo no se debe a que su economía se jodio por los banqueros codiciosos en 2008 por lo que no juzgar!

Allow me a note ... and that's not that I know anything ... it's just the impression I have of what I saw and heard ... also a pcoo knowing what Miguel told in his time ....
I think these guys are not unemployed, as you seem to justify ... it's more I think he has to have money for the way he talks about so many trips he has made ...
On the other hand, He is young, and seldom, young people have so much money to go from one country to another von ls naturalness that he did.
And by saying this, I am also of the belief that he is only known or friend ... although he may have wanted something more last night. That does not convince me with the kind of man who frequents Irma, who are all men with lots of money.

• Upvote 2

It's her life and she's entitled to that. Im jus shocked to see her all at once bring someone home like this. She could have almost any guy.  I think it's a twist in this apartment's script. This all happened so quick, and is who I had heard was an ACTUAL boyfriend in Barce. I think we've had her leaning to far -- to liking girls more

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dreamer24 said:

It's her life and she's entitled to that. Im jus shocked to see her all at once bring someone home like this. She could have almost any guy.  I think it's a twist in this apartment's script. This all happened so quick, and is who I had heard was an ACTUAL boyfriend in Barce. I think we've had her leaning to far -- to liking girls more

Irma's sexuality has always been a matter of debate. I think she might be bi but I would lean towards hetero.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, vortios said:

Allow me a note ... and that's not that I know anything ... it's just the impression I have of what I saw and heard ... also a pcoo knowing what Miguel told in his time ....
I think these guys are not unemployed, as you seem to justify ... it's more I think he has to have money for the way he talks about so many trips he has made ...
On the other hand, He is young, and seldom, young people have so much money to go from one country to another von ls naturalness that he did.
And by saying this, I am also of the belief that he is only known or friend ... although he may have wanted something more last night. That does not convince me with the kind of man who frequents Irma, who are all men with lots of money.

I didn't hear the conversation so it's easy to get confused between a drifter and a traveller (not in the Irish sense of the word but more an explorer of life).

1 minute ago, BBsq69 said:

Irma's sexuality has always been a matter of debate. I think she might be bi but I would lean towards hetero.

I had heard for 100% she has had a boyfriend there all along.

• Upvote 1