Leora & Paul - General Chat Comments & Quotes (2017)

4 hours ago, timber said:

There's definitely not a $199 charge for sending a take down notice. There's also no agency in charge of enforcing take down notices. If the website refuses to take an image/video/song down, the copyright holder's only recourse is to sue them in civil court for copyright infringement. You can read about the basic safe harbor/take down provision of the DMCA here. The text of the relevant part of statute is here.

Perhaps the confusion comes from the fact that there are companies that copyright holders can pay to search the internet for infringing material and issue take down notices. They charge varying fees, monthly subscriptions, etc. But you're paying them for the work of finding the material, issuing the take down notice, etc. You're free to do those things yourself for no charge.

Anyway, enough off topic posts. I'll leave you guys to the leora watching.

As I said, my information came from StnCld, who I hoped would jump in here
and help me out or correct me or something. Maybe he''s still sleeping.

55 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

One of the mottoes I try to live by is, "you don't ask, you don't get". I learned
that from a Puerto Rican accountant, who ended up in jail, years later, for
embezzlement. :rolleyes: Your father was/is a smart man.

Are you sure he or she wasn't Russian, or Chinese? A racist remark if I ever heard one. "I learned that from an Accountant, who ended up in jail would have been adequate...:angry:

3 hours ago, jjs said:

WOW She looks great in that dress , looks even better without it .    thank you HOPE .

When she put that dress on, I was expecting her to go out..... without any underwear on.....but she smashed my fantasy by taking it off again....:cry:

But thankfully when she stood there naked I was able to fantasise again.... :blush: 

26 minutes ago, ROCKHARD said:

Are you sure he or she wasn't Russian, or Chinese? A racist remark if I ever heard one. "I learned that from an Accountant, who ended up in jail would have been adequate...:angry:

I'm afraid I don't follow. He was Puerto Rican, an accountant, and he went to jail
for embezzlement. It's all factual information, but how in hell is any of that racist?
Are you implying it's racist to say a Puerto Rican is an embezzler? What makes
that a racist statement? If he had been Russian and an embezzler, would that be
racist, too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROCKHARD said:

Come on Rockhard !! I expected better from you, I never would have thought you were the type of individual who would hide behind the "Racist " shield...Letsdothis was far from being racist, he was merely IMHO stating a fact that a Puerto Rican accountant, as opposed to an English accountant or an American accountant taught him the expression. This affront to your sensitivity is carrying Political Correctness much too far, and seems alien to your usual self.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

I'm afraid I don't follow. He was Puerto Rican, an accountant, and he went to jail
for embezzlement. It's all factual information, but how in hell is any of that racist?
Are you implying it's racist to say a Puerto Rican is an embezzler? What makes
that a racist statement? If he had been Russian and an embezzler, would that be
racist, too?

IMHO You have said nothing offensive whatsoever, Our good friend ROCKHARD is being oversensitive today, not sure why, but if I had to hazard a guess I would respectfully suggest he may have Puerto Rican DNA...which is nothing to be sensitive about, if indeed it is a fact, Don't worry about it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimbo4 said:

Come on Rockhard !! I expected better from you, I never would have thought you were the type of individual who would hide behind the "Racist " shield...Letsdothis was far from being racist, he was merely IMHO stating a fact that a Puerto Rican accountant, as opposed to an English accountant or an American accountant taught him the expression. This affront to your sensitivity is carrying Political Correctness much to far, and seems alien to your usual self.

4 hours ago, jimbo4 said:

IMHO You have said nothing offensive whatsoever, Our good friend ROCKHARD is being oversensitive today, not sure why, but if I had to hazard a guess I would respectfully suggest he may have Puerto Rican DNA...which is nothing to be sensitive about, if indeed it is a fact, Don't worry about it. 

Thanks, Jimbo. I appreciate your remarks. I still don't understand, though, how it
could possibly be racist to say a Puerto Rican is an embezzler, even if ROCKHARD
is of Puerto Rican heritage. I'm lost on this one.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

Thanks, Jimbo. I appreciate your remarks. I still don't understand, though, how it
could possibly be racist to say a Puerto Rican is an embezzler, even if he is of
Puerto Rican heritage. I'm lost on this one.

Unless I have misjudged ROCKHARD,  then I think he will read what has been written again, and conclude there was no intention of being racist in your remark, he is a big enough character to admit he misunderstood, I'm sure. There is no mileage in continuing to think otherwise. 

32 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

Come on Rockhard !! I expected better from you, I never would have thought you were the type of individual who would hide behind the "Racist " shield...Letsdothis was far from being racist, he was merely IMHO stating a fact that a Puerto Rican accountant, as opposed to an English accountant or an American accountant taught him the expression. This affront to your sensitivity is carrying Political Correctness much too far, and seems alien to your usual self.

I am Puerto Rican, we Americans call it stereotyping. I heard it all! Accountant without the profiling would have been sufficient enough. I do not hate the guy, I would appreciate it if he phrases it differently the next time, that is all I ask. Thank you..:shy: