Ary & George Part #1

40 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

@Sexygirl please don't get me wrong but have you ever considered giving up smoking? I know it is easy to say as non smoker but the health issues coming with it can just be really bad...

Yeah..i know about that. I think many times. Just hope in one day to become a non smoker ! 💋

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sexygirl said:

Yeah..i know about that. I think many times. Just hope in one day to become a non smoker ! 💋

I smoked for 25 years. Then during an annual medical the doctor suggested I give it up. So at the start of a long weekend I gave my lighter to my assistant, and told myself   "If I can get through the long weekend it would be a good start". That was difficult but I made it. The next working day was a Tuesday. I said to myself "If I can make it till Friday, I will be almost there".Did that. That was 32 years ago. The chemotherapy and radiation to fight my lung cancer wasn't so bad.

You can do it too, hopefully sooner than me.

• Like 2

Here's how I did it. I went to a Misfits concert and just before midnight I smoked my last cigarette. It was a Malboro red, yuck! Then I said to myself this, "Never smoke another cigarette no matter what!, No matter what bullshit reason or rationale, just never smoke another cigarette, no matter what!". That was on 15 Aug 1996. I used to think I'd always want one, but alas that was not the case at all. Now, I can't stand the smell of it and I will avoid it at all cost. It's a nasty, expensive, health wrecking, addiction. There are much better things to stuck in your mouth! 😁❤️💋

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

when i quit it was because the price got too high. went from $.40 to $.45 per pack. yes it was a while ago!

I don't know the price now there in $ but doing some comparing it must have been in a real while ago :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

my wife & daughter still smoke & the "cheap" pack is around $7.

About $8 here, but after more taxes it about $10 out the door. I asked a guy at a store if they still sell a lot of them and he said ,"Yes, all day long!". So, I said, "I bet most of the people buying probably can't afford it", He agreed!  Just quit and never look back!

• Like 1