Jump to content

being banned for retaliation


plum
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have just been banned for 24hrs for retaliating to desparaging , condescending and frankly rude comments by a member called Sparkles to a post I made about the vhtv tweets advertising events and how exciting they will be..and turning out to be duds.
I was subject to allegations of "bullshit" by said member Sparkles, and as a result I defended myself and was duly subject to a 24 hr ban.
It seems that, in a world where everyone is deemed as being equal, some are, because of their longevity and high post count,  more equal than others.
Moderators on this site reacted unfairly inmho, and I am appalled at the biased treatment I received as I only reacted to provocation by a member of this forum who thinks they are beyond reproach.
 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

This post will be moved to here where it belongs !

 

I don't see it on the place where it belongs Thestarider.... I just want an explanation as to why I was subject to a ban....and other members, who have posted unacceptable disparaging remarks about me have not been banned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, plum said:

I don't see it on the place where it belongs Thestarider.... I just want an explanation as to why I was subject to a ban....and other members, who have posted unacceptable disparaging remarks about me have not been banned.

I was not involved in that situation, you must talk to the Mod that banned you via PM and ask why. I assume you were reported by another poster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

I was not involved in that situation, you must talk to the Mod that banned you via PM and ask why. I assume you were reported by another poster.

I would hazard a guess as to which poster it involved... I dared to disagree with said poster.
With a very good reason.
Thank you Thestarider for your comms... much appreciated that someone reacts to my concerns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

whether you believe it or not, we simply apply the rules of this forum
We simply reacted to this comment as we could have done with others (comments or person)
it's as simple as that, we are unbiased and we never take into account the person's journey within the forum, but simply we judge the words

 

5) Do not flame-bait, flame, or attack other member’s comments or tenants actions without explaining yourself. Treat others and their Comments and/or Quotes with respect. Especially in the RLC, Camarads, VHTV, And VV Apartment and Old Dudes threads, treat other members and tenants with respect. It is fine to disagree with another's opinion or to critique the action of the tenants, but do so in constructive ways using socially acceptable language. Do not be an annoyance, or members will file reports against you, and Mods will be irritated and will ban you. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2018 at 5:13 AM, Thestarider said:

I was not involved in that situation, you must talk to the Mod that banned you via PM and ask why. I assume you were reported by another poster.

and without verifying the posts,you or the fellow mod ban him just because a user pressed 'report'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2018 at 12:49 AM, moos54 said:

 

whether you believe it or not, we simply apply the rules of this forum
We simply reacted to this comment as we could have done with others (comments or person)
it's as simple as that, we are unbiased and we never take into account the person's journey within the forum, but simply we judge the words

 

5) Do not flame-bait, flame, or attack other member’s comments or tenants actions without explaining yourself. Treat others and their Comments and/or Quotes with respect. Especially in the RLC, Camarads, VHTV, And VV Apartment and Old Dudes threads, treat other members and tenants with respect. It is fine to disagree with another's opinion or to critique the action of the tenants, but do so in constructive ways using socially acceptable language. Do not be an annoyance, or members will file reports against you, and Mods will be irritated and will ban you. 

You guys do a great job, this place would be a total madhouse without somebody to watch over it. I got a big mouth and I'd say a lot more to a few posters on here. You say we should use socially acceptable language on here, How do i say "yo Jeff, I'd love to come over and suck your gorgeous cock" in a socially acceptable manner?  :biggrin::biggrin:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2018 at 5:12 PM, plum said:

I have just been banned for 24hrs for retaliating to desparaging , condescending and frankly rude comments by a member called Sparkles to a post I made about the vhtv tweets advertising events and how exciting they will be..and turning out to be duds.
I was subject to allegations of "bullshit" by said member Sparkles, and as a result I defended myself and was duly subject to a 24 hr ban.
It seems that, in a world where everyone is deemed as being equal, some are, because of their longevity and high post count,  more equal than others.
Moderators on this site reacted unfairly inmho, and I am appalled at the biased treatment I received as I only reacted to provocation by a member of this forum who thinks they are beyond reproach.
 

The moral of this story is,don't get into a dispute with one of the mod's buddies. The same goes for RLCfan forum. Because the buddy is always innocent and you are always guilty.                         

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

The moral of this story is,don't get into a dispute with one of the mod's buddies. The same goes for RLCfan forum. Because the buddy is always innocent and you are always guilty.                         

it's always fun to see someone like you judge our actions without knowing the real facts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

It's even more fun to see someone like you presenting himself as being completely fair and unbiased.:biggrin:

if it was true, it would be a long time that you would not be on this forum :biggrin:

we have rules on this forum and we apply them, nothing more than that
but it is easier to blame others than to assume his faults :angel:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...