Mira & Henry Part #2 of 3

12 hours ago, miscvoyeur said:

So let me get this straight, when they had a free cam you were going to sub so you can have access to all cams, right? But now that they took away the free cam, NOW is when you're not going to sub?? I can smell the bullshit from this post through my monitor.

I think what the dude is saying (or as I interpret) is the free cam that VH took away made it MORE enticing to subscribe.

Kinda agree with that but I can see why VH took it away.  If VH is business-minded and analytical, they'll know within 4-6 weeks whether it was wise to block out the cam.

Same could be said for Nina/Alan/Serena LR cam.  Once in a while they bang it out on that (stained) couch. VH may one day feel they are giving away content and take that cam away.  On the flip side, they have to give 'something' to entice new pervs to subscribe.  Their kicthen cam ain't gonna do it.  And for M&H, that loggia cam (as it is now slightly tilted to the LR) also won't entice a newbie to subscribe.  But VH will figure out what works.

FREE ADVICE TO VH:  It's CONTENT that brings the money in.  Give people a taste of content and if it appeals to them, they'll join. M&H provides content.  Taking away one of the popular free cams...how will a new viewer be able to decide?  But they'll figure it out (maybe re-position the cam or add another cam that shows the kitchen and a good tease of the LR).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

VH didn't take it away, MH did! Obviously they feel like they were giving it away for free and in a sense they were. All 3 cams in their living room offer a good view of just about any action that may take place there. All VH did was say "Ok" to thier request to change it from free to pay. That's fine! I don't blame MH, I really don't. I would do the same thing. HOWEVER, the free cams serve a greater good and it's a sacrifice that most all of the other tenants are making to meet that end. I don't think VH should allow any tenants the ability to avoid having a free cam in a main living area; otherwise, why would any of them agree to it? If it's a simple matter of the tenant requesting to have 1 free cam pointing at basically a bare space, what's to stop them all from doing the same? If you had to have a free cam in your house that paid you nothing, where would you point the thing? You'd point it at the loggia or the hall and be like fuck that shit! That's what I would do to. In a sense all of the tenants have a duty to boost sales for VH, so for one apt to essentially cut themselves off from what the other tenants are doing seems quite unfair to me. I know that I have a long history of getting hung up on things, I worry too much, and and many times I just get it wrong. I'm more than happy to be corrected or set straight, but I think my argument is a valid one. VH could have taken the time 20 pages ago to do this, but they don't seem to be interested in the working with us anymore here on CC so I do what I do and that's defend my comments as other people challenge them and yes, I sound like a broken record and you're all sick of me, Mira and Henry the most, I'm sure, but the question remains. So, here I am, backed in my corner waiting for VH to settle it with me. You know a while back someone suggested something that VH should change. I wrote back and wished them luck and pointed out that nowadays it pretty much takes a monumental effort to get them to address a request or an issue. Look at the preview issue as a perfect example. This is pretty much what it takes to get a response from them anymore. I guess I should just learn to only post heats and sex caps. Sorry everyone, I'm just trying to make VH be better and fair to all of the tenants. I won't say anything anymore about this. Mira and Henry and VH can do whatever they want. See ya! :heart:

I agree with a lot of what you have just said and also what Howard said,  seems to be common sense

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Try this! If you’re a subscriber, log off, pretend you’ve never seen VH, and then watch nothing but these apts for as long as you can and then ask yourself “Am I compelled to join?” 

Mira/Henry, Lisa/Chloe, Cloe/Axel, David/Carrie, and Clara/Stas

Then watch 5 other random apts and ask the same question. 

Remember, you’ve never seen VH before. Be honest!

Just tried doing this, boring, then switched to Camarads and saw more action even with their ridiculous set up! 

• Like 2

I'd be surprised if M&H had the final say regarding taking away the free cam. Makes no business sense at all.  If there has been a discussion between VH & M&H, with the investment VHTV has in the apartment, I'm sure they make the decisions.  M&H are either employees or independent contractors.  I doubt that have access to specific analytics that VHTV spends money on to run the channel (business).

These cams are a careful balance of quality (content) and quantity (viewership). Even if M&H were compensated on a base salary + commission status (viewership), that free cam would be better free than private. M&H could consciously decide not to always bang in the LR and go to the BR.  Personally, if I was VHTV, I'd say.."be mindful of the (free) cam in the LR but more times then not, use it for heavy foreplay and do the hard banging in the BR".  Lead the viewer to wanting more by paying for the private cams. Plenty of cams do this (and it seems to be the right balance).

Such a remedial (business) concept.  What VHTV has to do is continue finding ways to attract viewers. I'd say they have 75% good content - a good mix for what most people want to see.  They even started the gay channels (not to my liking but hats off to them for thinking outside the box). As stated previously, they'll figure out the balance.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Howard said:

I'd be surprised if M&H had the final say regarding taking away the free cam. Makes no business sense at all.  It there have been a discussion between VH & M&H but with the investment VHTV has in the apartment, I'm sure they make the decisions.  M&H are either employees or independent contractors.  I doubt that have access to specific analyticals that VHTV spends money on to run the channel (business).

These cams are a careful balance of quality (content) and quantity (viewership). Even if M&H were compensated on a base salary + commission status (viewership), that free cam would be better free than private. M&H could consciously decide not to always bang in the LR and go to the BR.  Personally, if I was VHTV, I'd say.."be mindful of the (free) cam in the LR but more times then not, use it as heavy foreplay and do the hard banging in the BR".  Lead the viewer to wanting more by paying for the private cams. Plenty of cams do this (and it seems to be the right balance).

Such a remedial (business) concept.  What VHTV has to do is continue finding ways to attract viewers. I'd say they have 75% good content - a good mix for what most people want to see.  They even started the gay channels (not to my liking but hats off to them for thinking outside the box). As stated previously, they'll figure out the balance.

I think this is one of the most intelligent comments I've seen on this never-ending topic. Thanks, @Howard!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Someone there said:

I think this is one of the most intelligent comments I've seen on this never-ending topic. Thanks, @Howard!

Thanks.

BTW, it doesn't take a genius to figure out which RLC & VHTV channels make the most money, which are on thin ice and which are moderately successful (or dismal).  Use CC's forum viewership/participation as a barometer to what people like.  

I view more RLC than VHTV.  I think RLC found what works & doesn't.  As a consumer, there are things I'd change from a business perspective. But they're on point. A little slow when change is needed but they have lots more content on a percentage basis than VHTV (RLC also has been around a little longer). RLC's challenge is they need to be more proactive.They should also concentrate more on expanding their business model vs the endless chase of people posting samples of their content (free publicity goes a long way). 

One example of them not being procative is with Maya & Stephan (they were 'done' nearly a year ago). RLC took many, many months to make a change. Meanwhile, I'm sure they lost viewers because of it. Now,...do they expect her alone to carry the channel?! Unlike Leora, Maya doesn't have the personality (or insatiable appetite) to go it alone. She's going to either have to be more 'open' on the free cams or have her new BF (aka Boy-Toy) make more visits and some boinking on the free cams (maybe some kitchen counter fun).  It will be interesting how this channel develops as she attracts viewers who like strong, independent women (maybe more so then typical horn-dogs because while she's attractive, she's not a beauty, she doesn't have an hourglass figure, and she dresses like a mom with three kids).

Got slightly off topic but I think ya'll get the idea. You can determine which apartments will have a limited shelf life (often better then RLC or VHTV).