Girls on Vacation - General Chat Topic (Jan - Mar./2018)

36 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

My Talented Belle:heart:'s painting really beginning to come together. I am not an artist although I have a few friends who are professionally and my mother had a great talent for faces but I do wonder why they copy pictures instead of having their own ideas. It has always been the case that many great artists learnt their craft by copying the paintings of others. It just seems odd. When I write I don't copy or even try to copy another's style. It is like paraphrasing someone else's story. Very different mindset.

I think painting is very different from writing. You need a motive, something to go from, either a picture, an object, a model or a landscape. I think taking it only from imagine would be almost impossible. Unless it is more abstract art.

12 minutes ago, ed2 said:

Unless it is more abstract art.

Even abstract art often derives from something but at least copying from life is a bit different than copying another's composition. I guess when people paint models it is very much their own interpretation hopefully.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

Jasmin and Blair back

I am not sure how those 2 are with new people. I still remember the behaviour of Jasmin and Becca at B1's Halloween party. My Belle:heart: was slightly better in that she did actually speak to Lima and the others. None of the B2 crowd covered themselves in glory that night although Belle did seem to party hard with Melissa and the other girl(?) later that night - she got drunk.