Nina & Kira General Chat Topic 2018 #2

Oh my, where to begin here!  So much to digest!  But let me first say that I now know a fear that Nina has.  About three minutes ago @02:25 she screamed out like a little girl for Kira.  Kira poked her head in and Nina pointed to something miniscule on the carpet - a SPIDER!  Kira had to come in and smush it and vacuum it up.  LOLOL  Isn't that just adorable.  Big fearless Nina is afraid of a lil spider, and her girl swoops in to save her from the dreaded beast.  

I will address the events preceding that moment later.    Chow for now.  

• Like 1

il y a 10 minutes, sturmchaser a dit :

Oh my, where to begin here!  So much to digest!  But let me first say that I now know a fear that Nina has.  About three minutes ago @02:25 she screamed out like a little girl for Kira.  Kira poked her head in and Nina pointed to something miniscule on the carpet - a SPIDER!  Kira had to come in and smush it and vacuum it up.  LOLOL  Isn't that just adorable.  Big fearless Nina is afraid of a lil spider, and her girl swoops in to save her from the dreaded beast.  

And now you know who the man is in this house! 😉

2 hours ago, jouandomy said:

And now you know who the man is in this house! 😉

Haha, ehhh, I'm sure that was meant as tongue-in-cheek, I get it.  But to be fair, consider this observation which I have long pondered:  notice how RLC always lists the "couples" with the female name first and the male name second, i.e. 'Leora and Paul' 'Eva and Sam' 'Nelly and Bogdan' etc etc, and Nina and Kira are listed as... well, 'Nina and Kira.'  Sooo... by that formula, Nina is supposedly the 'female' figure and Kira is supposedly the 'male' figure.  I'm not sure I totally agree with that line of supposition, based on what I have witnessed for nearly 2 years - I believe both can play equal parts, depending on the circumstances.  Plus they are the only true real dyed-in-the-wool lesbian couple on RLC, so there is no benchmark to compare.  Granted, 90% of the time Nina is the dominant member of the household, which, from my experience, women do run the show in the domestic realm, and husbands play a minor, yet important, role.  Yet Kira is the one who ultimately cooks dinner, cleans the house, does the laundry, tends to the cats, picks up after Nina, etc etc.  Every once in awhile, Kira will play the dominant role (particularly in the bedroom).  In fact, I truly believe N&K do not fall into any kind of stereotype, at least not from an American's skewed viewpoint.  And to take this thought a step further, I don't see any reason why a female/male  wife/husband stereotype needs to be applied to any couple these days.  That ideology is too 1950s, and dead and gone.  

What say you, my fellow deep thinkers?  🙂 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

Haha, ehhh, I'm sure that was meant as tongue-in-cheek, I get it.  But to be fair, consider this observation which I have long pondered:  notice how RLC always lists the "couples" with the female name first and the male name second, i.e. 'Leora and Paul' 'Eva and Sam' 'Nelly and Bogdan' etc etc, and Nina and Kira are listed as... well, 'Nina and Kira.'  Sooo... by that formula, Nina is supposedly the 'female' figure and Kira is supposedly the 'male' figure.  I'm not sure I totally agree with that line of supposition, based on what I have witnessed for nearly 2 years - I believe both can play equal parts, depending on the circumstances.  Plus they are the only true real dyed-in-the-wool lesbian couple on RLC, so there is no benchmark to compare.  Granted, 90% of the time Nina is the dominant member of the household, which, from my experience, women do run the show in the domestic realm, and husbands play a minor, yet important, role.  Yet Kira is the one who ultimately cooks dinner, cleans the house, does the laundry, tends to the cats, picks up after Nina, etc etc.  Every once in awhile, Kira will play the dominant role (particularly in the bedroom).  In fact, I truly believe N&K do not fall into any kind of stereotype, at least not from an American's skewed viewpoint.  And to take this thought a step further, I don't see any reason why a female/male  wife/husband stereotype needs to be applied to any couple these days.  That ideology is too 1950s, and dead and gone.  

What say you, my fellow deep thinkers?  🙂 

I agree with you. Nina and Kira are two women who have combined love and have a life together. They are two strong personalities who are being together thanks to their feelings. Life brings different challenges and N & K take them. Nina likes makeup, changes hairstyles, she likes to look beautiful and wears funny, childish pajamas, and she is afraid of a spider. At the same time she puts  floor covering in the bedroom. Kira cleans up, cooks but she has eliminated this spider. And there are no patterns here, the girls just live. As they want. If anything, their relationship is certainly more "normal" than many heterosexual relationships on RLC.
There is a lot of theater here, but they can not be on stage all the time. Actors also give their characters a lot of their personality. And there are times when the theater ends and there is real life, It was like yesterday evening, emotions could not be controlled and there was a wrangle. But just as they can argue violently, they are also able to reconcile and agree. Only in such situations disappear from the scene. They leave the apartment or hide in front of the cameras,
I think that they have already abandoned the scheme - man and woman -themselves, at the wedding these roles were still defined, but now they are two people simply experiencing their lives. I value creativity and optimism in them - they will not give up, they face the odds with every adversity. And they are beautiful (some element of sexism must be!)It remains to wish them good luck in the coming days - they will be busy but also interesting, I keep my fingers crossed

• Like 2

Il y a 6 heures, sturmchaser a dit :

Haha, ehhh, je suis sûr qu'on a voulu comme langue dans la joue, je l'obtiens. Mais pour être juste, considérer cette observation que j'ai longtemps médité: remarquez comment RLC liste toujours les « couples » avec le nom première femme et le nom mâle seconde, à savoir « Leora et Paul » « Eva et Sam » « Nelly et Bogdan » etc etc, et Nina et Kira sont répertoriés comme ... eh bien, Nina et Kira. ' Sooo ... par cette formule, Nina est censé être la figure « féminin » et Kira est censé être la figure « mâle ». Je ne suis pas sûr que je suis totalement d'accord avec cette ligne de supposition, basée sur ce que j'ai été témoin pendant près de 2 ans - je crois que les deux peuvent jouer des parties égales, en fonction des circonstances. De plus, ils sont le seul vrai vrai couple de lesbiennes teints en la laine sur RLC, donc il n'y a pas de référence à comparer. Accordé, 90% du temps Nina est le membre dominant de la maison, qui, de mon expérience, les femmes font courir le spectacle dans le domaine domestique, et les maris jouent un mineur, mais important, rôle. Pourtant, Kira est celui qui cuisine en fin de compte le dîner, nettoie la maison, fait la lessive, tend aux chats, ramasse après Nina, etc., etc. De temps en temps, Kira jouera le rôle dominant (en particulier dans la chambre). En fait, je crois vraiment N & K ne se trouvent dans aucune sorte de stéréotype, du moins pas du point de vue biaisé d'un Américain. Et de prendre cette pensée un peu plus loin, je ne vois aucune raison pour laquelle un stéréotype femme femme / homme / mari doit être appliqué à tout couple ces jours-ci. Cette idéologie est trop 1950, et mort et disparu. et maris jouent un mineur, mais important, rôle. Pourtant, Kira est celui qui cuisine en fin de compte le dîner, nettoie la maison, fait la lessive, tend aux chats, ramasse après Nina, etc., etc. De temps en temps, Kira jouera le rôle dominant (en particulier dans la chambre). En fait, je crois vraiment N & K ne se trouvent dans aucune sorte de stéréotype, du moins pas du point de vue biaisé d'un Américain. Et de prendre cette pensée un peu plus loin, je ne vois aucune raison pour laquelle un stéréotype femme femme / homme / mari doit être appliqué à tout couple ces jours-ci. Cette idéologie est trop 1950, et mort et disparu. et maris jouent un mineur, mais important, rôle. Pourtant, Kira est celui qui cuisine en fin de compte le dîner, nettoie la maison, fait la lessive, tend aux chats, ramasse après Nina, etc., etc. De temps en temps, Kira jouera le rôle dominant (en particulier dans la chambre). En fait, je crois vraiment N & K ne se trouvent dans aucune sorte de stéréotype, du moins pas du point de vue biaisé d'un Américain. Et de prendre cette pensée un peu plus loin, je ne vois aucune raison pour laquelle un stéréotype femme femme / homme / mari doit être appliqué à tout couple ces jours-ci. Cette idéologie est trop 1950, et mort et disparu. Kira jouera le rôle dominant (en particulier dans la chambre). En fait, je crois vraiment N & K ne se trouvent dans aucune sorte de stéréotype, du moins pas du point de vue biaisé d'un Américain. Et de prendre cette pensée un peu plus loin, je ne vois aucune raison pour laquelle un stéréotype femme femme / homme / mari doit être appliqué à tout couple ces jours-ci. Cette idéologie est trop 1950, et mort et disparu. Kira jouera le rôle dominant (en particulier dans la chambre). En fait, je crois vraiment N & K ne se trouvent dans aucune sorte de stéréotype, du moins pas du point de vue biaisé d'un Américain. Et de prendre cette pensée un peu plus loin, je ne vois aucune raison pour laquelle un stéréotype femme femme / homme / mari doit être appliqué à tout couple ces jours-ci. Cette idéologie est trop 1950, et mort et disparu.  

Ce que vous dites, mes collègues penseurs profonds?  🙂 

I totally agree, it was just a stroke of humor.😏 Everyone knows how much I appreciate these two young women.😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jouandomy said:

Damn it! 40 years in building and I have never had such cute workers! 😉👩‍🏭

Damn it! 40 years of cute girls and I never had to work!    sounds better to me 🙂

cropped-image001-2.png.ddc49d8a3ae82eaf008f1529ab8209a8.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

Nina is completely right though. In Sovjet Russia spider smushes you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, likidamber said:

I agree with you. Nina and Kira are two women who have combined love and have a life together. They are two strong personalities who are being together thanks to their feelings. Life brings different challenges and N & K take them. Nina likes makeup, changes hairstyles, she likes to look beautiful and wears funny, childish pajamas, and she is afraid of a spider. At the same time she puts  floor covering in the bedroom. Kira cleans up, cooks but she has eliminated this spider. And there are no patterns here, the girls just live. As they want. If anything, their relationship is certainly more "normal" than many heterosexual relationships on RLC.
There is a lot of theater here, but they can not be on stage all the time. Actors also give their characters a lot of their personality. And there are times when the theater ends and there is real life, It was like yesterday evening, emotions could not be controlled and there was a wrangle. But just as they can argue violently, they are also able to reconcile and agree. Only in such situations disappear from the scene. They leave the apartment or hide in front of the cameras,
I think that they have already abandoned the scheme - man and woman -themselves, at the wedding these roles were still defined, but now they are two people simply experiencing their lives. I value creativity and optimism in them - they will not give up, they face the odds with every adversity. And they are beautiful (some element of sexism must be!)It remains to wish them good luck in the coming days - they will be busy but also interesting, I keep my fingers crossed

Agree with you 💯.

I finally have some time on my hand to reply to the forum 😅 Happy to see some well-thought posts here! 

To translate Likidamber's post in to my own words: . They live a life like anyone else 🙂

When watching Nina and Kira, I am not thinking about them as lesbians. I just see a couple. They try , struggle, fall and get up again. And laugh and cry in the proces. And gladly, they allow us to join them in these moments. 

Slowly they grow from older girls to young women. And I don't mean necessarily they grow in age (sorry girls!), I mean in particular they grow as people. Ain't that a beautiful proces we all try to go trough as smooth as we can? 

I was happy to see that they invested in the apartment yesterday (the new carpet). Investments in houses is a primary indicator of trust in the future and thus in the economy (unless it is because people can't afford a new home). It gives me some hope they prolonging their stay on RLC some more. Which I would look forward to. 

Derivativing: Glad to note that the opinion 'Nina is lazy' has largely gone. She is just active in other fields than Kira. As Likidamber stated, they have busy days ahead. Hopefully they succeed in their ambitions. 

PS.

The real man in this apartment? There are two... the cats!

- Always lazy.

- Lying on the couch, mostly with its belly exposed, in front of the TV.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigmac18 said:

The real man in this apartment? There are two... the cats!

- Always lazy.

- Lying on the couch, mostly with its belly exposed, in front of the TV.

I would not go deeper into this topic. Because we can come to strange conclusions ... Cats simply are also themselves and live as they wish ... We have the apatament of N & K and in the promotion a small S & M apartment. You can always count on them, they will always come up with something.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 4:07 PM, likidamber said:

If something is impossible to do, there will always be someone who does not know about it, will come and do it.😀

You are absolutely correct!  I would have never imagined Nina would be able to install new carpet, particularly with crude tools and a questionable fastening method, and I'm not quite sure how long it will stay secured to the floor, yet she did it anyway, and through determination and their undeniably effective teamwork, they got it done.  Impressive.  

The person who says "I can't do that" and the person who says "I can do that" - they are BOTH right, because you do what you say.  

As when Luke Skywalker says to Master Yoda, "I don't believe it!" and Master Yoda replies, "That... is why you fail."  

• Like 1