Kira (2019) Part #2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Was the time she was "hide" behind the curtain :biggrin:

English is a bloody difficult language to learn really to get the right meaning like thus......

Was the time she "hid" behind the curtain ..................is correct leaving out "was"

Was the time she was "hidden" behind the curtain......is correct as in your line or

She always  "hides" behind the curtain ......................is correct or

i choose to "hide" behind the curtain.........................is correct.

I have great respect for any non english person able to speak english as in the main we english are bloody lazy and expect foreign people to speak our language and not bother learning theirs. Your grasp of english is very good as is Jabs who speaks very good english. All most of us would be generally able to say in your language would be good morning,good night and thank you.

Even your language has its funny's to as i understand a man should say "obrigado" and a women should say "obrigada". Weird ain't it lool. French is also difficult in its male and female variations.

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

English is a bloody difficult language to learn really to get the right meaning like thus......

Was the time she "hid" behind the curtain ..................is correct leaving out "was"

Was the time she was "hidden" behind the curtain......is correct as in your line or

She always  "hides" behind the curtain ......................is correct or

i choose to "hide" behind the curtain.........................is correct.

I have great respect for any non english person able to speak english as in the main we english are bloody lazy and expect foreign people to speak our language and not bother learning theirs. Your grasp of english is very good as is Jabs who speaks very good english. All most of us would be generally able to say in your language would be good morning,good night and thank you.

Even your language has its funny's to as i understand a man should say "obrigado" and a women should say "obrigada". Weird ain't it lool. French is also difficult in its male and female variations.

Yep that's true..
We have male and female words for almost everything.. we (i think spanish, italian also) have that variation, we have "amigo" and "amiga" and in english it's only friend (not separating from girl or guy).. Then we use "namorado" or "namorada" meaning boyfriend/girlfriend but as people in relationship, in english girlfriend could be only a girl that is friend :biggrin:
I had improve some of my english in this years here and that's why since day one i only write in english, it "forces" me  to be keep practicing and have vocabulary. But still my handicap always was grammar, but it's not only in english.. in my language also 😄 

And out of jokes 😎.. in a past job i had i talked with people from different countries, and when get scottish and irish people was a pain in the ass to understand anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Yep that's true..
We have male and female words for almost everything.. we (i think spanish, italian also) have that variation, we have "amigo" and "amiga" and in english it's only friend (not separating from girl or guy).. Then we use "namorado" or "namorada" meaning boyfriend/girlfriend but as people in relationship, in english girlfriend could be only a girl that is friend :biggrin:
I had improve some of my english in this years here and that's why since day one i only write in english, it "forces" me  to be keep practicing and have vocabulary. But still my handicap always was grammar, but it's not only in english.. in my language also 😄 

And out of jokes 😎.. in a past job i had i talked with people from different countries, and when get scottish and irish people was a pain in the ass to understand anything.

lol well even english people often get grammar wrong so i wouldn't worry about that 👍 yes you are correct in the girlfriend and boyfriend, it can have two meanings as you say.

If you get a scotsman or an irishman or a welshman with a very strong accent even us english struggle to understand them :biggrin: And in todays PC world i suppose you should say scots person,irish person or welsh person ::) welsh people almost even seem to sing their sentences and always seem to finish off on a high note lool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Now @Dave 27 will make fun of me 😞 

Tks 😉

No way would I ever do that.I have posted on here many times that I admire anyone who can speak more than one language.

Rob is correct(I hate admitting it) when he said that Brits are lazy about learning a second language and expect others to speak English.

In the UK each area has it's own "accent " and the English language can sound completely different as you travel around.

People will often say that Scots speak very fast and are difficult to understand but trust me we struggle with some English accents.

(1)"Geordie" North East England accent

(2)"Brummie" Midlands Birmingham area

(3)"Scouse" Liverpool area

(3)"Cockney" London Area

(4)South West England where Rob comes from I'm not sure about .

I'm sure other country's have the same type of thing.

P.S.I forgot to say that even in Scotland we have different accents according to whereabouts we live.

Keep up the good work you are doing absolutely fine.👍👍

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

No way would I ever do that.I have posted on here many times that I admire anyone who can speak more than one language.

Rob is correct(I hate admitting it) when he said that Brits are lazy about learning a second language and expect others to speak English.

In the UK each area has it's own "accent " and the English language can sound completely different as you travel around.

People will often say that Scots speak very fast and are difficult to understand but trust me we struggle with some English accents.

(3)"Cockney" London Area

P.S.I forgot to say that even in Scotland we have different accents according to whereabouts we live.

Happens here also and we are way smaller :biggrin: And if i travel to the islands, especially outside the "big" cities to me all they are foreigners speaking a weird language :biggrin:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

(3)"Cockney" London Area

BTW Sparkles what Nationality are you if you don't mind me asking?