Old Geezer Wise Ass Poll -- just how Geezer are you? Can you qualify?

Guest Squirrel

Mark if you personally remember or personally experienced the following events:  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Mark if you personally remember or personally experienced the following events:

• The Surrender of the Empire of Japan, 2 Sept 1945
    • The invasion of South Korea, 25 June 1950
    • Accession of Queen Elizabeth II to the throne, 6 Feb 1952
    • First man-made satellite, Sputnik, 4 Oct 1957
    • A-bomb drills in public schools
    • Calendars on the kitchen wall that listed VE Day & VJ Day
    • Kennedy assassination
    • First landing of humans on the Moon, 20 July, 1969
    • Woodstock 15-18 Aug 1969
    • The 1970's. Nothing worth shit happened in the 1970's. Just bad fashions.
    • The introduction of "personal computers". HTML introduced.
    • Reagan tells Gorbachev "...tear down this wall." German citizens overran it starting 6:53 pm, 9 Nov 1989
    • I don't remember these things cuz I'm too old.
    • I don't remember these things cuz I wasn't born yet.
    • I don't remember tese tinks cuz i dun tooo miny drugs in the '60s

Getting old really sucks. I'm sure we old geezers look back to our youth when we were able to pull the women. We could get hard and stay hard for hours. We could wank EVERY day and on many days would wank more than once a day!!!

The fear of rejection is one of the most debilitating reactions on earth. Even the confidence of youth could not overcome it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

Sorry for the rant but Blair betrayed the UK for vanity and money. In addition to this he saddled the UK with the biggest debt in the western world and unleashed mass immigration that has led to millions coming to the UK and changing the British way of life forever.

Ahhh I do feel better for that!!

We gotta talk.

I heard the same attitude in 2003 in York at a bar. The Brit gents were on their way to Spain, but we discussed the whole fucking Iraq situation and we all had a great time. They didn't like Blair (aka, foreign Clintonista to us Yanks), but we did agree that the basics of the US Constitution were pretty cool, and one of the English gentlemen discussed how he had been to the states to follow the Everly Brothers. I didn't really push my politics (I'm a mix of old Dutch and 19th Cent. Brit; hid the French and Irish) because we were very concerned with not being viewed as ugly Americans. The young students we met who were studying computer science wanted to move to the US; they rolled their own cigarettes because of the taxes. At the time, I was a smoker, and also rolled my own (with one hand). I felt at home except I realized I'd have to brush up on my Pakistani instead of my Spanish.

England's surveillance cameras -- spaced every ten meters -- were the only thing that disconcerted me on my visit to England. I guess nobody reads Orwell anymore on the Mother island...I now realized that the governments of us colonials has adopted the same totalitarian procedures.

Unfortunately, your accusations about Blair are somewhat incorrect. Obama has far exceeded anyone in the history of time in regards to the accumulation of debt. Ever. As for immigrants; I have no problem with them, but I'd like to deport a bunch of American-born assholes who don't belong here.

I really enjoyed my tours of York cathedral, the British Railway Museum, York Brewery, and ALL local pubs. I specialize when I travel, and take notes on such places. I enjoy English culture. You're as polite as people in the American mid-west.

Oddly, I hate celebrities, but I think you should keep your Queen. She's a pretty nice gal. And she's inexpensive compared to our queeny.

For god's sake, don't give up being a Britan-Angle-Saxon-Jute-Celtic-or-whatever tribal member you are!

There. I'm done.

...for now... ;)

(PS: Ya got a Cuban cigar? I'm still not allowed to buy one legally, I think. I mean, this is the geezer section -- )

Any YES answer ALL questions 1 through 15, or YES for 14 or 15; you're in, but you must show us your medical insurance card and permission from your doctor. We'll have a defibrillator handy.

It should be 13 or 15.

14 is for too young.

Guest Squirrel

Any YES answer ALL questions 1 through 15, or YES for 14 or 15; you're in, but you must show us your medical insurance card and permission from your doctor. We'll have a defibrillator handy.

It should be 13 or 15.

14 is for too young.

Yes, you are correct. Perhaps my mind is gone. I think it is. I have no idea what medical care I can afford, what medical care I am mandated to purchase, or what the fuck is going on with my diminishing liberty. My medical card is now available for conspicuous consumption via the NSA, IRS and White House upon demand, anyway, so I think I can still remain a member of the Geezer club. I hope. It's all the hope we have left these days...

(Cue the sad violin music. Thank you.)

I'm glad you liked your visit to the mother country. You were not far from my home. I visit York regularly. A lovely place for sure. The Cathedral is beautiful. Sadly the home of modern politics has lost its soul. Satan Blair took the art of political lying to new heights. PR became PL (professional Lying).

Spin upon spin upon spin. The 'War on Terror' was invented to allow governments to spy on their own citizens. The UK has more cameras than any other country. Every move we make is monitored.

I have no problem with individual immigrants. It becomes a problem when millions (and I do mean millions) arrive all at once. Society cannot cope with such an influx. Social services get swamped. Satan Blair told us only 15000 Polish people would arrive once immigration restrictions were lifted. The actual figure was over One Million!

The UK now has the fastest growing population in the western world, made up entirely of immigrants. We are a little island with 63 million people now on it. This is predicted to rise to 132 million within a century. Social tensions are rising and will continue to rise. The Church of England is dying. Islam is growing as Muslims arrive in droves.

I always considered the UK to be Gods chosen country. We had everything a civilised people would want. Tolerance, understanding, democracy, wealth, a temperate climate, free health care, charity and love of life and sports games of all kinds to entertain us (invented by us!).

We were educated via the best education system invented. We were a nation of inventors - Computers, the internet, TV, the Telephone, Radar, Sewerage, the flushing Toilet, Railways, the Jet Engine, the entire industrial revolution to name just a few!!! We ran the largest empire ever and spread our ideas of civilised society all over the world.

I know we also pillaged great wealth from all corners of the earth but superior intelligence (and arms!) does bring its advantages!!!

Our debt is the largest as a % of GDP. The US debt is only 5% of Debt. Fucking huge but still manageable.

The only advantage of getting old is knowing I wont be around to see the UK disappear into the cesspit of a 5th century so called religion.

With regards to the Queen. Personally I would abolish the whole Royal Family. It can't be tolerated in a modern world. I know it seems quaint and the alternative is not very appealing but they are only our version of Disney World!

The US is the only hope for the world but it must sort itself out first. Do not give in to left wing sentiment. It is destroying Europe and will destroy the US for sure. Obama and his wet liberal friends have to go!!!!

In the land of the free and you can't buy a Cuban cigar! God help America!!

Yes sorry about that. I need to chill!!!

That is my last rant - well until the next one!!

RLC is winding me up at the moment. The stream freezes every few seconds. I guess if it's a Russian thing we have to expect it to fail regularly. They can't have gathered enough intelligence through their spies to know how to maintain a good working website!!!

Is that a rant? Fuck! Well that is my last rant -well until the next one!

I always considered the UK to be Gods chosen country. We had everything a civilised people would want. Tolerance, understanding, democracy, wealth, a temperate climate, free health care, charity and love of life and sports games of all kinds to entertain us (invented by us!).

We were educated via the best education system invented. We were a nation of inventors - Computers, the internet, TV, the Telephone, Radar, Sewerage, the flushing Toilet, Railways, the Jet Engine, the entire industrial revolution to name just a few!!! We ran the largest empire ever and spread our ideas of civilised society all over the world.

I know we also pillaged great wealth from all corners of the earth but superior intelligence (and arms!) does bring its advantages!!!

Thanks for the laugh, being an Aussie I know better, obviously you haven't been here yet, or you would have migrated like all the rest that do.  8)

Thanks for the laugh, being an Aussie I know better, obviously you haven't been here yet, or you would have migrated like all the rest that do.  8)

Syndey Harbor is my favorite harbor.  We were moored by the Garden Island Ferry Wharf.

Hobart, Tasmania is my favorite place on the planet.