Me thinks.......

TBG 150

Guest Squirrel

Didja ever hear of a laptop and a desktop? One runs browser A and the other browser b, even using 2 different providers and or platforms.

Gee. That sounds really interesting.

I did have an 8-foot long computer desk once, but it only held 4 networked computers, none of which could do more than 16-bit words. The entire assembly probably didn't weigh more than a thousand pounds. Couldn't take it out to the back patio on good days.

I do have two screens, usually attached to the fucking Windows machine. Gotta have two screens.

The other computer I have is for important, serious work. It's Linux, Unbuntu distrib; just easier for us old guys to handle...

No, my friends, I'm not the droid you're looking for...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what you mean by all of that bit stuff that you talk about. I have the D/T in my office that I'm on now. Out in the dining room I have a L/T that the wife likes to use. I only use that for work when I end up sitting somewhere broke down for hours.

Plus I like the monitor away from me a bit. Being a 2 fingered,one thumb typist, I need the keyboard right under me.

Guest Squirrel

Myself, I'm using primarily LTs these days, but my vision sucks so I like BIG screens. I also type 90 wpm, and need to hit this speed occasionally, so I like a REAL keyboard.

No smart phone.

No Netflix.

No flat-screen TV.

I read real books, and you'll find a bookcase in nearly every room of my house

I am not an old dude.

I'm a relic of the past.

Didja ever hear of a laptop and a desktop? One runs browser A and the other browser b, even using 2 different providers and or platforms.

Gee. That sounds really interesting.

I did have an 8-foot long computer desk once, but it only held 4 networked computers, none of which could do more than 16-bit words. The entire assembly probably didn't weigh more than a thousand pounds. Couldn't take it out to the back patio on good days.

I do have two screens, usually attached to the fucking Windows machine. Gotta have two screens.

The other computer I have is for important, serious work. It's Linux, Unbuntu distrib; just easier for us old guys to handle...

No, my friends, I'm not the droid you're looking for...

Yes tbg150, that is possible.  I agree with you Squirrel on multiple monitors.  I have 5 on mine.

Guest Chatterbox

Multiple browsers works - but use different ones (e.g. firefox, IE, opera,etc) for each profile to be sure.....I just tried it out.

Now who knows what mischief I can get up to.......muhaha!!!

And another thing that gave 'Nick' away....He never invaded the Old Dudes board. Here, all of his bashers resided and/or were his alter egos.

Just one more reason the the Admins of the board didn't delete him. They all knew and just sat back laughing and waiting for someone to figure it all out.

And now that NL Senior hasn't come around since this threads inception, I tend to think he was the one pulling our legs the whole time.

Guest Squirrel

If you can't do it on an standard 8-bit Atari joystick or a real keyboard, I won't be able to figure it out.

I'm that old.

Did you write your own code for it too?  ???

It was amazing what some people could do with those things

I played with 6502 assembly code for a very short while (pain-in-the-ass), but found it was just easier to peek and poke memory registers with interpreted or compiled BASIC. Jay Miner was a genius when he designed that machine and the Amiga. Most people don't understand that he was ten years ahead of Apple and Microsoft, and that features of our current computers (such as redefiniable character sets, multitasking, and co-processing) were pioneered by him and Chris Crawford.

And yes, my Atari home computers and Amigas all still boot. Which is more than I can say for my PC and Macs that have long since bit the dust.

Unfortunately, they don't have the resolution or bandwidth necessary to render beautiful pictures of Maya or Nora in a streaming format.

For example:

%7Boption%7D

post-0-145739601705_thumb.gif