Uploading of Avatar's & Cover Photo's

For some that are having a problem updating your Avatar or Cover Photo on your Profile you can download Brave Browser and it should work to get your Avatar and Cover Photo to Upload Directly as opposed to the other options available. This Browser is a lot faster than other Browsers so if you like it then all you have to do is set it as your Default Browser. It has a built in Ad Blocker as well so you'll never see annoying Ads on Websites.

Download Link for Brave Browser:   https://brave.com/   The Browser is available for every edition of Operating System used and the links are located underneath the Download Button. For Windows Downloads click the appropriate link as it's available in 32 & 64 Bit versions.

• Like 1

I have been using the Brave browser for a while now and must admit it is much sharper than chrome and a more efficient ad blocker than any chrome add ons. Also you can set it so when you close it down it automatically clears the browser cache for a fresh start next time. This is one thing Chrome will not do you have to do it manually all the time. Also it imports all your favourites exactly as they were in Chrome.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Robwin said:

I have been using the Brave browser for a while now and must admit it is much sharper than chrome and a more efficient ad blocker than any chrome add ons. Also you can set it so when you close it down it automatically clears the browser cache for a fresh start next time. This is one thing Chrome will not do you have to do it manually all the time. Also it imports all your favourites exactly as they were in Chrome.

I just starting using it today and I am quite impressed with it and I don't impress easily.  No matter what site I have been on the Ads are totally gone. I tried the Avatar and Cover Photo thing and noticed it worked fine when on other Browsers it would not work.

It imported my Favorites and Bookmarks from the other Browsers I have used but I can't find a way to Import my Passwords so I'll have to do those separately and save them that way as I use them. Google Translate even had a Plug-in.   It is definitely a lot better than Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome so this Browser is a keeper and is now my Default Browser.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It imported my Favorites and Bookmarks from the other Browsers I have used but I can't find a way to Import my Passwords so I'll have to do those separately and save them that way as I use them.   

That's odd as it seemed to import all my passwords ok even so it's no hardship to reinsert them as needed as you only have to do it once 

Yeah all in all I am finding it a great browser and apparently more secure. One site I often use here is the Daily Mail which in any other browser it's packed with ads both bloody sides and often you struggle to even use the site any sense. Now in Brave both sides are just clear white spaces and the site flys. Brilliant.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

That's odd as it seemed to import all my passwords ok even so it's no hardship to reinsert them as needed as you only have to do it once 

Yeah all in all I am finding it a great browser and apparently more secure. One site I often use here is the Daily Mail which in any other browser it's packed with ads both bloody sides and often you struggle to even use the site any sense. Now in Brave both sides are just clear white spaces and the site flys. Brilliant.

Maybe I just have to browse the settings it may have a feature that needs to be enabled to get it to import the passwords.  I'll scout that out tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Maybe I just have to browse the settings it may have a feature that needs to be enabled to get it to import the passwords.  I'll scout that out tomorrow.

Go into chrome and the password section and over on the right there are 3 very dots where you can click and export your passwords.

Then in Brave Additional Settings and then Privacy and Security if you click on the little arrow on the right and then on the 3 vert dots you have an import passwords option, try that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I just checked the Settings. All the Passwords were stored in Internet Explorer and not Microsoft Edge.  I imported them from IE and now I am all set.   

Lol ahh ok glad you sussed that out. Am being kind so won't pass any cheeky comment lol. Just sent you options for exporting and importing passwords so not needed now 👍

• Upvote 1

I have never saved any passwords in a browser. The way that they all have their own back doors, I wouldn't trust them for any sites. Not even basic forums.

When the afternoon rain comes in, I may sit down and try the new one out. I've been using Chrome exclusively for many years now with very little issues with it.

2 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

I have never saved any passwords in a browser. The way that they all have their own back doors, I wouldn't trust them for any sites. Not even basic forums.

When the afternoon rain comes in, I may sit down and try the new one out. I've been using Chrome exclusively for many years now with very little issues with it.

The only passwords I never save is Online Banking and PayPal. After I done using those two I have Ccleaner take care of them and remove anything that those apps created. 

Brave Browser runs on the Chrome Engine but it's a lot faster than Chrome.  I like it so far. Every site I have visited so far has been Ad Free. Even the Third Party Sites where you get shot at with so much Spam and Pop Ups trying to download Videos those Ads no longer appear as well. Now all you get is the Video Screen and Download the Video without any hassle.

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

The only passwords I never save is Online Banking and PayPal. After I done using those two I have Ccleaner take care of them and remove anything that those apps created. 

Brave Browser runs on the Chrome Engine but it's a lot faster than Chrome.  I like it so far. Every site I have visited so far has been Ad Free. Even the Third Party Sites where you get shot at with so much Spam and Pop Ups trying to download Videos those Ads no longer appear as well. Now all you get is the Video Screen and Download the Video without any hassle.

Hey pal a question for you as I have heard the rumour that you are an intelligent gent 😁👍

What's the difference between an upvote or a like?. I have asked so many but still not any fucking wiser 🙄 so thought I would ask the fountain of all knowledge 👍

6 hours ago, Robwin said:

Hey pal a question for you as I have heard the rumour that you are an intelligent gent 😁👍

What's the difference between an upvote or a like?. I have asked so many but still not any fucking wiser 🙄 so thought I would ask the fountain of all knowledge 👍

An Upvote and a Like are basically the same thing. It pushes the Reputation number up 1.  Don't know if I am intelligent or not but I do know the ins and outs.  :biggrin: